Message to our 'players'

Bringing in a couple of new lads next season....
Darren Yugo  (unknown Yugoslavian)
Lee Gwan   (from the Chinese Super League)

Both these guys come highly recommended by the Chansiri scouting team...  Guaranteed to get fans out of their seats ...  in droves...

• Haha 1

Just now, Sefton owl said:

Whipped a few good balls in would convert him to winger. Fek reach off probably in high wages

When you look at the good clubs they have players that want to score. I don’t know they might have an agreement  that goals or assists give them more money in their take home pay. We need players that know how to score unfortunately our current batch of players are simply poo. They constantly try and repeatedly fail so get rid they won’t come good 

Unfortunately I don't trust the hierarchy to even adequately replace if we have a mass clear out. I felt like nuhiu had to go to freshen the team up (and he didn't score enough.) I didn't rate him whatsoever but he would be in this team and carrying it.We didn't even sign a single left back

Guest Kagoshimaowl
21 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Of all the players i would keep: 

Shaw

Borner

Urgohide

Penney

That list tells you all you need to know.

Penney? He’s the worst of the lot

Said it all for me the moment Smith scored to put them in front. 

No anger, no passion, nobody speaking to each other. They just turned and walked away nonchalantly to get ready for the restart kick off. 

All those out of contract in the summer, They're not up for it and not bothered one little bit win lose or draw. 

I'm afraid big daz is on a hiding to nothing with this lot. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

But players like Hutch, Westy and Bannan 'LOVE THE CLUB' 

Yea reyt .......Bannan has got to do to sign a new contract on a sinking ship but Westwood and Hutchinson not a chance 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

I do. I was there. This lot are worse.

For me former captain limp Lees and currently captain Bazza row Z bannan will forever be remembered even if we somehow stay up as the leaders of THE WORST EVER WEDNESDAY SIDE IN HISTORY. they've just confirmed it now. NO OTHER team has let Rotherham do the DOUBLE over them. 

This for me seal's it. 

1 minute ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

oh absolutely mate ... I wasn’t defending this shower at all ... just picking up that we have form when it comes to not beating 9 ... this lot, they’d lose the battle of 7 pig Bramall lane 

I was agreeing don’t worry! 

At least that team had the excuse of being a 3rd division side. Our squad now is full of players who consider themselves to be upper Championship standard at least. 

I've defended them a lot this season from accusations of not trying etc.  I maintained they were, but were just not good enough.

I retract that opinion.  Some absolutely scandalous performances tonight and collectively should be ashamed of themselves (they won't, but they should if they had any pride left).  Strolling back when losing possession, no urgency to get on with the game when losing, hiding when we have possession by going and standing next to an opposition player so they don't have to receive the ball etc.  Pathetic stuff at the best of times, but against a relegation rival who have 10 men?

Granted, some of them shouldn't be put in the position of having to play Championship football, its way beyond their abilities, in some cases by multiple leagues worth of ability.   I'll not name them but we know the ones.  Add them in with the shirkers who should know better and here we are.

If I was Moore I'd be sitting them all down and asking them honestly if they have any intention of playing for us in League 1 next season and putting the hard yards in.  If they do, then clean slate and prove yourself.  Otherwise, and no questions asked, if they don't want to be here for whatever reason then shake their hands and let them go find new clubs (if they can).  Finish the season with players that want to be here and start to get some minutes into them.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, blueandwhitematt said:

If I was Moore I'd be sitting them all down and asking them honestly if they have any intention of playing for us in League 1 next season and putting the hard yards in.  

I can help you with the answer to that

Westwood - has it made here. Chairman will keep giving him contracts 
Hutchinson - has it made here. Chairman will keep giving him contracts
Bannan - Just had a new contract rushed through and announced because the chairman was under pressure over the Liam Shaw thing
Liam Shaw - Off to Celtic because the fans didn't tell Chansiri two years ago that the upcoming star needed a new contract offering

Now...

It's March and the end of the season is coming..

The chairman has said in his last interview that all the players who they want to keep have been offered new contracts but the club (That hasnt' been paying them on time and is getting relegated) hasn't heard back from them yet

So...

If you were a player that wasn't in the above mentions what would you be doing right now?

Trying your hardest, risking injuries and busting a gut for our chairman to try and win a new contract at a relegated club that has a history of not paying players on time and getting points deductions?

Or would you have had your agent sort you out already with a new club in the summer?

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

You won't find any argument from me that the root cause for all our problems can be found with the man at the top.

We may aswell not bother playing the loanees now, and people like Lees, Reach etc who will be off too.  Cobble together 11 from who will be here next year and go from there.  We're down, time for us to make whatever we can of the rebuild (with it fully noted that we're doing it under the restrictions DC brings to that).

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I can help you with the answer to that

Westwood - has it made here. Chairman will keep giving him contracts 
Hutchinson - has it made here. Chairman will keep giving him contracts
Bannan - Just had a new contract rushed through and announced because the chairman was under pressure over the Liam Shaw thing
Liam Shaw - Off to Celtic because the fans didn't tell Chansiri two years ago that the upcoming star needed a new contract offering

Now...

It's March and the end of the season is coming..

The chairman has said in his last interview that all the players who they want to keep have been offered new contracts but the club (That hasnt' been paying them on time and is getting relegated) hasn't heard back from them yet

So...

If you were a player that wasn't in the above mentions what would you be doing right now?

Trying your hardest, risking injuries and busting a gut for our chairman to try and win a new contract at a relegated club that has a history of not paying players on time and getting points deductions?

Or would you have had your agent sort you out already with a new club in the summer?

Sums up modern football. 

Players are mercenaries, there is no loyalty or pride in what they are doing now. 

Everyone of them can clear off for me. 

It’s not acceptable in any walk of life to take £100,000’s in salary and not perform. 

Not excusable whatever the circumstances. They are stealing from our club and taking the mickey big time. 

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Sums up modern football. 

Players are mercenaries, there is no loyalty or pride in what they are doing now. 

Everyone of them can clear off for me. 

It’s not acceptable in any walk of life to take £100,000’s in salary and not perform. 

Not excusable whatever the circumstances. They are stealing from our club and taking the mickey big time. 

1) There's no loyalty in football

2) If everyone clears off a new squad will come in and do the exact same

3) The amount you're paid doesn't equate to your effort levels 

4) They're not stealing from our club - we have recruited them and given them the contract and wages that they're on

Owlstalk Shop