Moore looks inept. Players looked confused. I'm guessing it's another useless appointment. Some very odd decisions tonight. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I can't see atm how 1 up top works for us. Non of our 'strikers' can play on their own, and paterson cannot play back to goal. Ball was bouncing off his shins all night

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, sharrowowl said:

Moore looks inept. Players looked confused. I'm guessing it's another useless appointment. Some very odd decisions tonight. 

Wonder what McCarthys doing...oh missed him..

2 minutes ago, sharrowowl said:

Glad I’m not the only one thinking that.

It's the way Moore plays and has had relative success with. 

Can't tailor a system around the players, we've tried that for years and doesn't work. Not much we can do this season, but best to recruit players to suit a system. 

The wide players are key, Windass looked ineffective on the left and Reach a waste of space anywhere.

Moore will try his best I'm sure, but many of these players are thick as pigshit. Don't blame the system blame the players

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Not sure what’s more bizarre

That or Matt Penney getting 90 mins after a performance Brian Barry-Murphy would have been ashamed of

Staggering wasn't it

Wasn't convinced with the lineup.

Widnass is wasted on the left, one up front never works, we don't get players in support.

Subs were baffling and too late.

I know he needs to get to know the players but even I could see how much of a shocker the full backs had.

And it might as well be 10 v 10 when Kachunga is on the pitch!

I’m not going to criticise Moore due to the position we are in and it’s only been one game, but if we had replaced Carlos with Darren Moore back then there would have been an outcry based on his cv. 

8 minutes ago, sharrowowl said:

I know relegation’s hard to take but please don’t start having a go at Moore already.  I thought he was taking a bit of a chance going straight to 4231 when we have no decent full backs and no one to play lone striker - personally I would have gone will starting eleven against Luton except for Reach in place of Penney.  That said, we were relegated before tonight so maybe it’s just best to make the formation change now and stick with it.

14 minutes ago, Hirst's Pint Glass said:

Baffled by the fact that a game we had to win, at home, even after going a goal down early on, and we continued to play with one up front 🤔

Apart from the fact playing that way created 3 sitters for the 1 up front, if there is any one player to pick out it's Paterson, that chance at the end when penny put it on a plate for him was an abysmal effort

• Like 3
1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Apart from the fact playing that way created 3 sitters for the 1 up front, if there is any one player to pick out it's Paterson, that chance at the end when penny put it on a plate for him was an abysmal effort

Total agreement. 

We were bobbins tonight.

But he should have had a hat-trick for my money.

15 minutes ago, sharrowowl said:

Yeah you can really judge a manager based on 3 days with the squad can't you. Jesus christ, it's all down to the inept Chairman and gutless, garbage players.

18 minutes ago, Hirst's Pint Glass said:

Baffled by the fact that a game we had to win, at home, even after going a goal down early on, and we continued to play with one up front 🤔

You better get used to it as that’s how Moore plays every week. 

16 minutes ago, sharrowowl said:

Waiting till nearly 70 mins to make changes 

Weird