Life Without Bannan

2 minutes ago, Tudders said:

Were you watching a different game to me?Bannan was superb, his passing, invention, wanting the ball, he was our only outlet. He’s like that almost every week. He walks into any midfield in this division. Not sure what more you- or anyone who doesn’t rate him on tonight’s performance- want in a championship midfielder?

Maybe the same fans who wanted Nuhiu out. My god we’ve missed him and he’d have certainly bagged tonight. 

Young Shaw created better opportunities.

• Like 7

Just now, McRightSide said:

he was good, I agree

what people don’t understand is that he gives the ball away because all the onus is on him to create ... so the risk of his passes... and frequency of passes, is much higher than everyone else

Exactly. He’s on a different level to most of the others. He constantly wants-and gets- the ball. The law of averages means he gives it away more. But his threaded through balls and the way he switches play, his intelligence, is outstanding.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, should know better said:

No evidence Brentford were ever serious about bidding no other offers, why buy a midfielder who cant shoot, tackle, track a runner or win headers.

Where would he get in other championship sides? 

His creativity and control of the tempo in midfield justifies him a place in any midfield in this division. 

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

he was good, I agree

what people don’t understand is that he gives the ball away because all the onus is on him to create ... so the risk of his passes... and frequency of passes, is much higher than everyone else

This.

• Haha 1

Thought he was poor first half. But he’s infinitely better than the sh*tshow around him. 

I don’t believe he’s the player he’s consistently hyped up to be by former team mates on Sky etc. There’s a lot of midfielders now at this level than can pick a pass, score goals and battle for possession. But he is still an exceptional talent on the ball. Other than the money, I can’t see why he’s wasted so much of his career at Hillsborough. 

25 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Tried his hardest tonight but again not good enough.

You got what you wanted in terms of someone else taking corners.......

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You got what you wanted in terms of someone else taking corners.......

Harris took some pearlers on Saturday, not sure why he didn't take it. By the way  many times teams have  broken  and scored when Bazza plants it in keepers arms?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Harris took some pearlers on Saturday, not sure why he didn't take it. By the way  many times teams have  broken  and scored when Bazza plants it in keepers arms?

We missed 2 glaring chances from Bannan corners at 0-0 tonight. 

Care to back up your sweeping statement with the last goal we conceded like that from a Bannan corner? 

50 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

Ironic that we saw a leaflet called “attacking set pieces” as Rhodes came on - then we have an “attacking set piece” in the last minute and no one knew who should take it!!!!

That truly is the best definition of irony I’ve witnessed since my old manager failed to communicate that he’d gone to the communications conference!

17 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Thought he was poor first half. But he’s infinitely better than the sh*tshow around him. 

I don’t believe he’s the player he’s consistently hyped up to be by former team mates on Sky etc. There’s a lot of midfielders now at this level than can pick a pass, score goals and battle for possession. But he is still an exceptional talent on the ball. Other than the money, I can’t see why he’s wasted so much of his career at Hillsborough. 

He's the main man here, everything has to go through him. He gets to take all the set pieces and probably more importantly we are the ONLY side in his career who have let him play cm, None of his previous clubs played him there, they all played him out wide becouse of his limitations and deficiency in both defence and in front of goal. 

I know right now in the mess we've quickly declined into under Dc  some people are desperate for a hero, but some need to be more realistic. 

Theres very few teams in the championship that would take bannan as a cm, almost all the top 8 sides have far more all rounded cm. 

Yes he's got good vision, technique and can pass the ball, but as a complete midfielder at this level he's lacking. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

He's the main man here, everything has to go through him. He gets to take all the set pieces and probably more importantly we are the ONLY side in his career who have let him play cm, None of his previous clubs played him there, they all played him out wide becouse of his limitations and deficiency in both defence and in front of goal. 

I know right now in the mess we've quickly declined into under Dc  some people are desperate for a hero, but some need to be more realistic. 

Theres very few teams in the championship that would take bannan as a cm, almost all the top 8 sides have far more all rounded cm. 

Yes he's got good vision, technique and can pass the ball, but as a complete midfielder at this level he's lacking. 

I think teams would take him as an option for games they’d expect to dominate the ball in. But I agree with the rest of what you’re saying about him not being well rounded. 

McLean, Da Silva, Cleverley, Cook, Hourihane or Bannan. Tough choice.