How Far Behind

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

How have we stopped playing him at the back?

As I read this thread and ones like it, this is what I ask myself on repeat. He was decent at CB and all is going well. Next thing we know he’s huffing and puffing running around in Midfield miles behind the play. Why? Why is he in midfield? Pelupessy can sometimes be a car crash, but Hutch is just about rubber necking at the car crash on the other side of the motorway he’s so far off the pace! Why is he there?

The best bit is he thinks he's a "cultured centre half from Chelsea".

He was done three years ago, people wanted to look past it because of his off the pitch persona. That isn't to take away from his story which is an inspirational one and his performances here in the first 3/4 years were fantastic and he was a vital member of the squad.

In his coming back he's actually risking undoing the legacy he has with some. They could have always had the "Yeah but what if" argument, now we're seeing the reality. A player who isn't good enough. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Even now Pelupessy isn’t fit to lace Hutchinsons jock strap. 

In the 7 games Hutchinson's started in midfield we’ve picked up 3 points.

In Pelupessy's last 6 games where he started in midfield we picked up 12 points

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

I didn’t want him coming back to the club, but after a couple of games he had won me over as useful in a back 3.  Always though he was overrated in midfield but thought he showed touches of class as a centre half.  Must not start another game as a midfielder, should only be considered now for one of the centre half positions.  I’m assuming we let him go again in the summer unless there is a role for him on the coaching staff or it’s felt he can play a part in the development of Urhoghide and Brennan (assuming they are still around).

One concern with Hutchinson - does he pick the team along with Bannan?  Can’t quite shake the feeling of certain players having too much influence.