Worse thing you’ve seen at football

5 minutes ago, SimonJ said:

Liverpool away match in 84 - first season back in top division - we beat them 2-0. Liverpool fans waiting for us when we came out, fights breaking out everywhere. One of our fans got badly stabbed / slashed - the poor chap was covered in blood, it was horrible to see. Worst thing I’ve seen at the match.

Had tickets in their seats next to away end that day and they were trying to kill us.

Never been so happy to be hit by a copper with a big stick when they put is in the away end.

:duntmatter:

When I was about 11 stood on the Kop the chap behind me gently moved me to one side saying “excuse me “ then proceeded to boot the bloke in front of me in the back. It all kicked off then. Think we were playing Man U and the bloke in front  must have been one of their fans. Not bad I know but shocked me and I’ve always remembered it. 

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Had tickets in their seats next to away end that day and they were trying to kill us.

Never been so happy to be hit by a copper with a big stick when they put is in the away end.

:duntmatter:

Had a right old day that day typical lads 1980's day out, then on to Blackpool.  Think we slept in the car, seem to remember sneaking up on a milk float to nick a bottle of Orange Juice. 

Might write a book.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

That noise echoed round the ground.

Horrific challenge.

Was it Chapman who had to chase the ref to stop the game??

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

20 minutes ago, Wee Willie Henderson said:

I tell people about seeing a dead police dog at Oldham during the riot thought I had imagined it as time went on. Quite sad really.

My mate got bit by a police dog during the riot so that's probably what caused it's demise. 

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

Wasn't there thankfully but Big Ron on his return with villa might have tweaked me a bit.

remember it well a stadium of hate that day ,not for the faint hearted lost my voice i reckon that day. 

19 minutes ago, SimonJ said:

Liverpool away match in 84 - first season back in top division - we beat them 2-0. Liverpool fans waiting for us when we came out, fights breaking out everywhere. One of our fans got badly stabbed / slashed - the poor chap was covered in blood, it was horrible to see. Worst thing I’ve seen at the match.

bloody animals they were in the 1980s 

24 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Pig fans - especially the scummy bàstards who lobbed a firework into the away end when we played them at the sty in 2003 (?) - I was a few rows away from where it hit that poor young lass

nowts changed they were lobbing fireworks at us last time we were there in 2019