Am I a jinx?

I've noticed a few times now that when I put the radio on to start following a game half way through we seem to concede. It's almost like they're waiting for me. Watching or listening from the start it's hard to say whether I'm jinxing us or not as we've won a few. The other week I even predicted on here that I'd tune in for the 2nd half just in time to see us concede. I opened the matchday thread and whoever we were playing scored. Was ridiculous. 

Last Saturday was extreme though. I put the radio on in the car just as we scored. Then did an errand and while I was doing it I checked sky sports ony phone. At the exact moment we scored our 2nd. Got home, thought I'd listen to 2nd half. About 30 seconds later they'd scored, then equalised. Radio went off. Had a quick peek on here just as they scored their 3rd. 

I know deep down that I'm not actually affecting things but sometimes I wonder. Even though I know it's confirmation bias and there have been many more times where it doesn't lead to a goal, I can't shake the nagging feeling that I'm the root cause of all our problems. Not the fact that DC hasn't got the first clue about how to run a football club. Not the players who go out there and don't try their best, don't put in 100% effort or are basically lazy. Not the manager who makes weird substitutions or weird starting line ups. Not the officials who seem to be against us at every turn. But me, checking the score from a few miles away. 

I honestly don't know whether to watch tonight or not. If we were allowed in I'd be in my seat obviously, and I don't see that as me causing problems. So how can I justify watching the game tonight if we lose? Any suggestions as to how I can break the hoodoo? I'm hoping fresh manager fresh start LMC can't bother us any more will be the result, but I'm wary. I see the pain you lot go through when we lose, it's the same as me, and I feel guilty. 

Help me. Please. I want to watch and I'll try pretty much owt pre match. 

My wife is the jinx.  Met her when we were an established PL side. Married in 2000.

She gave birth to our first child on the day we lost 3-1 at home to Wolves, and bought me a "lucky" Wednesday coat last Christmas when we were third in the league, I found a big hole in the pocket first time I wore it, and I managed to crash into my own garage on the way back to the shop to return it (only time ever in thousands of garage exit manoeuvres).  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I've noticed a few times now that when I put the radio on to start following a game half way through we seem to concede. It's almost like they're waiting for me. Watching or listening from the start it's hard to say whether I'm jinxing us or not as we've won a few. The other week I even predicted on here that I'd tune in for the 2nd half just in time to see us concede. I opened the matchday thread and whoever we were playing scored. Was ridiculous. 

Last Saturday was extreme though. I put the radio on in the car just as we scored. Then did an errand and while I was doing it I checked sky sports ony phone. At the exact moment we scored our 2nd. Got home, thought I'd listen to 2nd half. About 30 seconds later they'd scored, then equalised. Radio went off. Had a quick peek on here just as they scored their 3rd. 

I know deep down that I'm not actually affecting things but sometimes I wonder. Even though I know it's confirmation bias and there have been many more times where it doesn't lead to a goal, I can't shake the nagging feeling that I'm the root cause of all our problems. Not the fact that DC hasn't got the first clue about how to run a football club. Not the players who go out there and don't try their best, don't put in 100% effort or are basically lazy. Not the manager who makes weird substitutions or weird starting line ups. Not the officials who seem to be against us at every turn. But me, checking the score from a few miles away. 

I honestly don't know whether to watch tonight or not. If we were allowed in I'd be in my seat obviously, and I don't see that as me causing problems. So how can I justify watching the game tonight if we lose? Any suggestions as to how I can break the hoodoo? I'm hoping fresh manager fresh start LMC can't bother us any more will be the result, but I'm wary. I see the pain you lot go through when we lose, it's the same as me, and I feel guilty. 

Don’t worry I’ve tried everything not watching not listening not having owlstalk on, going for a pee not going for a pee, none of it works, it always finishes bad 😀😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

..., I found a big hole in the pocket first time I wore it, and I managed to crash into my own garage on the way back to the shop to return it (only time ever in thousands of garage exit manoeuvres).  

Was it a bottle of meths that made the hole in the coat pocket?

From 2000 to 2005 I didn't see us win a match.

In a 4-1 defeat at Wimbledon, a marshall joked that I over-celebrated our goal. I wise cracked that I didn't know when I'd see us score next so should enjoy the moment. It was 3.5 years before I saw us score again...

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

100%! Please get rid of that radio. If you do that we might stay up! I’m certain you listening to that radio is detrimental and might be distracting Wildsmith, hence every shot goes in.

We are relying on you. 

I started supporting us the first season after we won the League Cup.

My first match as a Wednesday supporter was the 6-1 home defeat to Leeds which I watched with my older brother, a Leeds supporter.

It's all my fault.

• Haha 1