Kieran Lee - Should we have kept him?

Imagine the appreciation he’d get from all four stands if he got subbed off at hilsbrough playing for Bolton 

The man was an excellent for us, great pro, cracking attitude. Wish we could have let him know on his last day for us 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Lee was great for us and always will be one of my favourites. To think we signed him as a RB from Oldham and became a key midfielder for us. We need more of that!

However it’s a bit harsh to say that Monk screwed is etc. At the time it was the correct decision, unfortunately the quality we should have replaced him with never arrived. I’m pleased he got to extend his career after a horrible injury that could have ended it early.

4 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Id take Lee over Dele Bashiru and Izzy Brown anyday

Monk screwed us

Take your GM pecs off FFS  MONK  screwed us,we couldn't afford his wages any more,  his contract just ended b4 others of the same thats all

• Like 1

As has often been the case in the decision to release players, it's not that the decision itself was the wrong one, but that we just don't adequately replace the player that ultimately makes you question the wisdom of the initial decision.

• Like 2

I'm just glad to see him go elsewhere and do well.

I'd hate to see him having to try and help out some of this current lot and us be in the situation we are right now. At times, it is quite depressing watching remnants of the play off teams look a shadow of the players they once were. Not saying that would automatically happen to Lee but you know what I mean. We've been in a real spiral of negativity for so long, it becomes difficult to turn it around.

Really pleased for Lee though. A proper player and a great pro.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, cowl said:

As has often been the case in the decision to release players, it's not that the decision itself was the wrong one, but that we just don't adequately replace the player that ultimately makes you question the wisdom of the initial decision.

Spot on.

Nuhiu was far from the ideal forward and needed replacing but the fact we failed to do so in the summer means we would have been better off making a much better effort to keep him.

In hindsight its a similar case with Lee. His body wasn't allowing him to stand up to playing week in week out at this level so letting him go wasn't seen as a major issue. We replaced him with Brown who is seemingly incapable of managing much more than half an hour of competitive football every month or so.  

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Spot on.

Nuhiu was far from the ideal forward and needed replacing but the fact we failed to do so in the summer means we would have been better off making a much better effort to keep him.

In hindsight its a similar case with Lee. His body wasn't allowing him to stand up to playing week in week out at this level so letting him go wasn't seen as a major issue. We replaced him with Brown who is seemingly incapable of managing much more than half an hour of competitive football every month or so.  

Seems to have always been an issue with us and was long before Chansiri rocked up with the brains' trust.

Amount of times we let good or useful players move on and either don't replace them or do so with someone clearly inferior.

Just now, Guesswhosback said:

On the video 

The video of Wednesday fans?

You do know the country is in lockdown and Bolton haven't had any fans at their games since he signed for them right? 

no we shouldn't have kept him

at the end of the season i said yes keep but that was with my KL specs on, any other player and i would have said time to move on.

there's been a couple of comments "he's in league 2 for a reason" which is a bit unfair but he had a good look around, he wanted a local team and decided on Bolton as the way Evatt wants them to play suits his game very well, and has it in his contract that he can move if someone in a higher league wants him.

• Like 2

Guest mrbluesky
10 minutes ago, owls79 said:

Getting rave reviews from the Bolton fans and a big part on the current run there on. Great to see and hear. What a player.

I believe his agent is the Pope.