Kieran Lee - Should we have kept him?

2 hours ago, Bluewings said:

We haven't signed the right players to replace Lee or Adthe I agree, same as we didn't replace Wallace or Pudil properly.

But this doesn't mean we keep an ageing limited failed squad.

I have all the time in the world for Nuhiu, he gave it his all and will remembered fondly but he was nowhere near good enough and

should have been replaced with a Striker of better quality but instead we signed a Scottish right back to play up front.

Kieran Lee is a quality footballer but he was knackered. There's a reason why he's in league two.

We can't keep bringing back players of the past cos our scouting system is that poor we can't find anyone better.

That's the point I'm making though

We resigned Hutchinson on a free because we didn't have a budget or the contacts or the nous to bring in someone new, competitive, young and hungry. We needed extra legs and that was the only way to get them. We'd be in a much better position I feel with Adthe and Klee back .. well maybe who knows

We haven't replaced Loovens. we've not replaced Klee. Pudil and Wallace like you say. We've just brought in really average and mediocre players to replace the quality thats gone while still paying through the bloody teeth ...

The entire set up at the club is an absolute clusterfuck .. such a mish mash.

5 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

That's the point I'm making though

We resigned Hutchinson on a free because we didn't have a budget or the contacts or the nous to bring in someone new, competitive, young and hungry. We needed extra legs and that was the only way to get them. We'd be in a much better position I feel with Adthe and Klee back .. well maybe who knows

We haven't replaced Loovens. we've not replaced Klee. Pudil and Wallace like you say. We've just brought in really average and mediocre players to replace the quality thats gone while still paying through the bloody teeth ...

The entire set up at the club is an absolute clusterfuck .. such a mish mash.

Yeah recruitment has been dire, I think rather than people wanting Lee, Nuhiu back who's best is past them both

It's best for us to want Moore bringing in younger players of the same or better standard.

These players are definitely out there it's just Chansiri, Wednesday and our set up are League two standard at best.

You summed it up with the words absolute clusterfuck, that's the whole club atm.

• Like 1

Scored his first Bolton goal today ironically his last for us was against Bolton is that correct ? 

Anyway...Great player, but plagued by injuries ( Hip ) with us, but has started every game for Bolton injury free!, Bolton are flying now sitting in 5th and looking good for autos...could very well be playing against him next season!

My favourite player since the ancient history when we were in the Premier League. Intelligent, great attitude, a driving force in midfield and a decent scoring return. I haven't watched him this season, but it's difficult to believe there aren't some in this squad he's still better than, even after the injury issues. 

• Like 5

No. He barely played for us for 2 years. Just because he’s strung 5-6 games together in L2 doesn’t mean he can withstand a full season of championship football.

Bolton fan posted on here earlier whose watched him in every game. Said you can tell he belongs at a higher level but doesn’t have the legs anymore.

10 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Scored his first Bolton goal today ironically his last for us was against Bolton is that correct ? 

Anyway...Great player, but plagued by injuries ( Hip ) with us, but has started every game for Bolton injury free!, Bolton are flying now sitting in 5th and looking good for autos...could very well be playing against him next season!

He actually got injured after his first couple of games. Then played another couple for games and got corona. Since then has played every game and Bolton look like they might sneak automatics. They were in midtable when he signed.

If we go down, i'd have him back as he'd boss the midfield next season in division 1.

If not, let him continue what he has started with Bolton.

That said, would he come back, and would Bolton let him?    I think the answer to both of those questions is no.

Let us be honest, Lee is done with SWFC, unless he decides to coach and we decide to employ him in that manner some time in the future.   

On 03/03/2021 at 11:21, StudentOwl said:

He's played 7 games this season ffs

He signed in January and has had to miss games due to Covid, so i think he has taken part every game he could, not missed any due to injury

39 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

He could very well be playing in the league above us next season!

33 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

My favourite player since the ancient history when we were in the Premier League. Intelligent, great attitude, a driving force in midfield and a decent scoring return. I haven't watched him this season, but it's difficult to believe there are any players in this squad he's not better than, even after the injury issues. 

Good post... slight amendment..

garymegson

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

Bolton fan Said you can tell he belongs at a higher level but doesn’t have the legs anymore.

Yet his manager  says..

"He brings final third quality and legs to the team – and that might seem strange for a 32-year-old but if you look at his data he is running more than 12k a game, which is Championship/Premier League standard, and what we want from our midfield players"

• Like 7