Kieran Lee - Should we have kept him?

1 hour ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Lee is t here because of his injury record last few seasons. If you don't realise how good Lee is then there is no hope. It's like blaming 1 person for a teams result. Don't know why I even replied. What bullsh£#

I do realise how good he was, he was my favourite player in recent times. Fact is he isn’t that Same player anymore hence he’s now in league 2

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

It's a travesty that Lee is playing in League Two - but also worth noting Bolton had lost 10 of 25 games without him, but none in 7 since he's been in the team. Even if we can't rely on him week in week out because of age/fitness, I fear relying on Pelupessy, Kachunga and Dele-Bashiru instead of Lee hasn't helped us win more points this season.

Really, really disagree it's a travesty he's in League Two.

Fact is, K. Lee was (maybe still is: up for debate) absolutely class. Another fact is, K. Lee also suffered an injury that at times looked to be career-ending. It's impossible to know whether a season of Championship-paced and physicality games would have absolutely crocked him, but I think it's pretty safe bet that a season at the slightly less intense League Two is less likely to crock him. 

After battling back from injury, Lee has earned the right to play as much football as he likes. IMO, he's earned the right to play his footie in League Two, probably looking like an absolute boss in comparison to most in that division. He's certainly earned the right to have a year or two battling for promotion rather than scrapping for relegation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Given the sh!t we were in and the lack of necessary recruitment, not re-signing Lee or Nuhiu were mistakes IMO?

Why have you ended your opinion with a question mark?

Are you questioning yourself? 

A fit Kieran Lee in his pomp was a beauty to behold. We have missed him enormously. 

Our midfield is a disaster area. I never want to see Hutchinson play there ever again. 

Moore has the unenviable task of finding a solution in the next 14 games using the "players" at his disposal.

Good luck with that Darren, you'll need it.

54 minutes ago, 83owl said:

That’s up there with some of the comments in the Iorfa could be in the england squad thread. Hutchinson is a dreadful midfielder. Can’t shoot, cant run, can’t beat a man, can’t pass, always in the wrong place leaving huge gaps in the middle and just chases after the ball like a 10 year old. Absolutely woeful and our form with him in there shows it.

Are we talking about Barry Backwards here, if so add can't tackle, head the ball or get right side of his man. Maybe try BB at centre back.

Lee was always a class above BB but suffered because his first turn was forwards opening up space rather than backwards.

A young lad came on for Blackburn last night, John Buckley. He’s played a fair few games already and even scored against us last season! But it’s the first time I’ve noticed him.

His movement, touch and awareness was scarily similar to Lee. To the point I had to double check it definitely wasn’t Lee. Definitely be keeping an eye out on how he progresses. 

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

No I was anticipating someone like yourself question my opinion 🤪

I'd have agreed with you in this instance. A full stop would have sufficed!

lol 

The season we got to the play-off final, Lee was one of the best players outside the Premier League. His ability to take the ball on the half turn, play a little give-and-go and have the vision to make that third man run into the box was outstanding.

One of my favourite Wednesday players in all the time we’ve spent outside the top flight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluewings said:

Looking at Hutch, Bannan and Lees tonight is a prime example of a huge NOPE.

Move forward fresh players...

Kieran Lee was a absolute baller for us but we definitely need to stop with the old squad, there times up.

I absolutely agree if the club was going to progress

However as shown over the last 2 seasons, we aren't a progressive club and we should have offered him and Adthe a new contract

I'd have rather Lee been in midfield and Adthe up top than Bannan and Paterson ...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

I absolutely agree if the club was going to progress

However as shown over the last 2 seasons, we aren't a progressive club and we should have offered him and Adthe a new contract

I'd have rather Lee been in midfield and Adthe up top than Bannan and Paterson ...

We haven't signed the right players to replace Lee or Adthe I agree, same as we didn't replace Wallace or Pudil properly.

But this doesn't mean we keep an ageing limited failed squad.

I have all the time in the world for Nuhiu, he gave it his all and will remembered fondly but he was nowhere near good enough and

should have been replaced with a Striker of better quality but instead we signed a Scottish right back to play up front.

Kieran Lee is a quality footballer but he was knackered. There's a reason why he's in league two.

We can't keep bringing back players of the past cos our scouting system is that poor we can't find anyone better.

• Like 2