Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Given the sh!t we were in and the lack of necessary recruitment, not re-signing Lee or Nuhiu were mistakes IMO?

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a no brainer. YES WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT LEE. Just as most other players have not been replaced Lee definitely hasn't. With injuries he's been missed even more. Our midfield is far too predictable. Teams know that if Bannan is taken out of the game we got no other creative ideas from midfield. 

Lee is one of the best midfielders in the championship. A 1 year contract would have been right. If he was fit for the majority of games he would have earned another contract. 

I was more frustrated by Lee leaving than Hutchinson. Hutch leaving has been proved to be a mistake. 

Lee might not be the best answer to the long term future at swfc. This season players like him have been desperately missed. Monk and his recruitment are responsible for the season and results. Thank goodness Pulis wasn't given the opportunity to sign players in the window. Monk decemated the team. He recognised we needed a younger squad but never replaced any of the players he let go. Never mind signing improved talent. If we do manage to stay up it will be a fantastic achievement after Monk and Pulis and 6 points deduction. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Your right. But the thing is we didn’t. We kept Pelupessy play Bannan in a two and had to bring back Hutch. Luongo is injured more than he plays Hunt no where near and Shaw jumped ship.

 

Releasing him was the right move but not replacing him wasn’t which makes releasing him the wrong move. Would have made a difference for us this season.

 

Hes not the only one mind you Nuhiu who we have needed to upgrade on for years would have been a massive upgrade on all our forwards. 
 

This is the mess Garry Monk left us in. Sent us backwards for years. 

100% spot on.

 

Ideal world we absolutely wouldn’t be offering new contracts to injury prone thirty somethings, we’d be replacing them.

 

The fact is that a) we didn’t replace him and b) even when he returned at maybe 80-90% of his previous level he was still for me one of the better players in the team last season. 
 

Guess he just didn’t fit in with Garry Monk’s ‘style’ of football 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Prince said:

we might as well play in the over 35's league

 

"Wait. Is that actually an option??"

 

:Chansiri:

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

This is a no brainer. YES WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT LEE. Just as most other players have not been replaced Lee definitely hasn't. With injuries he's been missed even more. Our midfield is far too predictable. Teams know that if Bannan is taken out of the game we got no other creative ideas from midfield. 

Lee is one of the best midfielders in the championship. A 1 year contract would have been right. If he was fit for the majority of games he would have earned another contract. 

I was more frustrated by Lee leaving than Hutchinson. Hutch leaving has been proved to be a mistake. 

Lee might not be the best answer to the long term future at swfc. This season players like him have been desperately missed. Monk and his recruitment are responsible for the season and results. Thank goodness Pulis wasn't given the opportunity to sign players in the window. Monk decemated the team. He recognised we needed a younger squad but never replaced any of the players he let go. Never mind signing improved talent. If we do manage to stay up it will be a fantastic achievement after Monk and Pulis and 6 points deduction. 

1. No he isn’t, he’s playing in league 2 for a reason.

2. We have lost 5 out of 6 games with Hutch in midfield. He’s terrible, I’d go as far as saying he’s one of the worst midfielders in the championship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, parajack said:

Really?..look how others in our situation have fared...not so difficult to drop through the divisions...

 

Yes, really.

 

Look back at the discussion you've jumped into.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great lad, wish him nothing but the best. I watched an interview with him at Bolton after he signed and was surprised how timid he is. I always wonder how these sorts of lads survive in a dressing room. 

 

Probably the right decision for him to move on unfortunately (signing for a League Two club certainly suggests so) like others have said, the mistake was not replacing him. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 83owl said:

1. No he isn’t, he’s playing in league 2 for a reason.

2. We have lost 5 out of 6 games with Hutch in midfield. He’s terrible, I’d go as far as saying he’s one of the worst midfielders in the championship.

Lee is t here because of his injury record last few seasons. If you don't realise how good Lee is then there is no hope. It's like blaming 1 person for a teams result. Don't know why I even replied. What bullsh£#

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 83owl said:

1. No he isn’t, he’s playing in league 2 for a reason.

2. We have lost 5 out of 6 games with Hutch in midfield. He’s terrible, I’d go as far as saying he’s one of the worst midfielders in the championship.

 

Well there's at least 3 midfielders worse than him, because he's been our best midfielder every game he's played so far.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved KL was a great link man in the middle. 
As someone says he should be able to play that level easily. 
His next injury could be his last and we all know that. Having said that look at hutch. 
Saying no more. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a travesty that Lee is playing in League Two - but also worth noting Bolton had lost 10 of 25 games without him, but none in 7 since he's been in the team. Even if we can't rely on him week in week out because of age/fitness, I fear relying on Pelupessy, Kachunga and Dele-Bashiru instead of Lee hasn't helped us win more points this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

 

Well there's at least 3 midfielders worse than him, because he's been our best midfielder every game he's played so far.

 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Class player.

 

You might lose your pace, but never your class.

 

Live in peace KL, your touch shall remain forever golden.

 

You are living testament to our owner’s lack of judgement when it comes to football, football players, and football managers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

As someone else mentioned K Lee was probably my favourite player since the 90's. 

That said it was time to move on both for us and him and hope he does well and enjoys his football at Bolton. 

 

Didn't we get him from somewhere like Chester? Can't remember off hand. 

Let's hope Big Daz knows someone younger, similar in the lower tier and cheap who could possibly step up like Lee did. 

He came from Oldham 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

 

Well there's at least 3 midfielders worse than him, because he's been our best midfielder every game he's played so far.

 

That’s up there with some of the comments in the Iorfa could be in the england squad thread. Hutchinson is a dreadful midfielder. Can’t shoot, cant run, can’t beat a man, can’t pass, always in the wrong place leaving huge gaps in the middle and just chases after the ball like a 10 year old. Absolutely woeful and our form with him in there shows it.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...