Kieran Lee - Should we have kept him?

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Its almost impossible to make a credible summary of GM because of factors we didnt know at the time,and from which we still dont know the full picture now.....Even from what we do know,(TP for example saying the squad needed revamping in the Jan window)  which didnt happen,on top of the limited recruitment under GM,its difficult to lay our woes at GM door.

I just think the responsibility lay elsewhere....

Overall responsibility yes.

Responsibility for freezing out players who have since proven to benefit the team and responsibility for getting less out of the squad than an academy coach managed? That lies with Monk.  

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Responsibility for freezing out players who have since proven to benefit the team and responsibility for getting less out of the squad than an academy coach managed? That lies with Monk.  

This academy coach wearing his underpants on the outside of his trousers is wearing a bit thin,he had a short run of decent results,followed by a bad run,for all we know if left in charge his overall record could be much worse,GM had periods where his team did well too

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

This academy coach wearing his underpants on the outside of his trousers is wearing a bit thin,he had a short run of decent results,followed by a bad run,for all we know if left in charge his overall record could be much worse,GM had periods where his team did well too

This season with the same resources (although it could easily be argued that Monk had the better resources as he handpicked his staff and had a pre-season to work with the squad under his terms) they managed a similar amount of games. That's a fair comparison. Thompson had a better record.  

31 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

This season with the same resources (although it could easily be argued that Monk had the better resources as he handpicked his staff and had a pre-season to work with the squad under his terms) they managed a similar amount of games. That's a fair comparison. Thompson had a better record.  

Arguments going round in circles,i dont accept your comparison,its too short a period,with multiple variables...

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Arguments going round in circles,i dont accept your comparison,its too short a period,with multiple variables...

All about opinions. I don't accept yours. What variables? 

No surprise to see none of the many clubs that have been looking for a new manager this season have taken a chance on Garry Monk yet. Maybe he is just holding out for the right job.

40 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Neither you or i know the reason(s) why these 2 players were left out of the first team,the bench,and in one case didn't warrant a squad number under 2 different managers...Using the loaded term 'freezing out' embeds your own view only...you dont know,i dont know....if they were indeed 'frozen out' or were left out for allegedly good reason.

• Like 1

Of course we should have kept him it’s a no brainer.I’m also still mad that we let Wallace go I’m sure he can still offer us something. Loovens could still get some game time as we all know Tom Lees plays better with loovens next to him.

I just hope to god we sign Wickham this summer.

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Neither you or i know the reason(s) why these 2 players were left out of the first team,the bench,and in one case didn't warrant a squad number under 2 different managers...Using the loaded term 'freezing out' embeds your own view only...you dont know,i dont know....if they were indeed 'frozen out' or were left out for allegedly good reason.

Yet brought back in as soon as the next manager had the opportunity, to the benefit of the team.

Good luck in your new job Garry, whenever a club decides to give you one. 

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

“He brings final third quality and legs to the team – and that might seem strange for a 32-year-old but if you look at his data he is running more than 12k a game, which is Championship/Premier League standard, and what we want from our midfield players. He is another calm head, someone who has been there and done it. And he will bring that quality to us and give us a different option.  Kieran is able to do the other side of the game too really helps our two centre backs and helps the team function.

Ian Evatt, Bolton Manager

"Kieran Lee finished tonight's game  with a 97 per cent pass success rate.

And 44 of his 67 passes went forward... in case you think he was just playing it safe. 

Marc Iles, Chief Sports Writer Bolton News

Stop it, I might cry....

• Haha 2

In my view our Most Valuable Player in the 21st century, always reliable, the unrelenting work ethic, the ability to score the all-important goal.

He is now playing two divisions below his pre-injury ability, has played three complete matches and, in spite of the press report shown earlier in this thread, was substituted after 62 minutes when playing against 10 men, so there would be more space to help him with pass accuracy.

So fitness may be a problem and his departure has at least enabled a few of the youngsters to get some first team experience.

I hope we can find the next KL soon, who knows, we may already have him?

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

All about opinions. I don't accept yours. What variables? 

No surprise to see none of the many clubs that have been looking for a new manager this season have taken a chance on Garry Monk yet. Maybe he is just holding out for the right job.

Player fitness,attitude,quality of opposition,poor individual and squad performances, list is endless of why results can go one way,or another...especially by the odd goal....GM for example had a great win just b4 being sacked.....Paul Cook hasnt been snapped up either,would he than be similarly holding out?

Guest T Hardy
2 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

“luke_bwfc” probably isn’t the most impartial person to go by

If opposition fans start saying this or a few journalists, I’d pay attention 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yet brought back in as soon as the next manager had the opportunity, to the benefit of the team.

Irrelevant....to why he may have been dropped in the first place....few argue he isnt the better GK...

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Benefit of the team? Westwood’s been injured for more weeks than he’s been available for and Hutchinson is absolutely woeful as a midfielder.

Just now, parajack said:

Irrelevant....to why he may have been dropped in the first place....few argue he isnt the better GK...

The results and goals conceded this season state otherwise. 

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

Benefit of the team? Westwood’s been injured for more weeks than he’s been available for and Hutchinson is absolutely woeful as a midfielder.

Westwood has the better points per game this season. Dawson has been out injured more weeks than he has been available this season.

Hutchinson has played well in defence, the manager shouldn't have moved him into midfield. 

4 minutes ago, parajack said:

Player fitness,attitude,quality of opposition,poor individual and squad performances, list is endless of why results can go one way,or another...especially by the odd goal....GM for example had a great win just b4 being sacked.....Paul Cook hasnt been snapped up either,would he than be similarly holding out?

Player fitness was in a better position at the start of the season when Monk was in charge than it was when Thompson was in charge.

Monk managed games against Luton, Rotherham, Wycombe, Birmingham and QPR.

The manager has some responsibility for the attitude of players, individual and squad performance - if he can't get more out of the players than an untried academy coach then he is at fault.

Paul Cook has a job.

Any other myths you want to put forward?