Kieran Lee - Should we have kept him?

27 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Your right. But the thing is we didn’t. We kept Pelupessy play Bannan in a two and had to bring back Hutch. Luongo is injured more than he plays Hunt no where near and Shaw jumped ship.

Releasing him was the right move but not replacing him wasn’t which makes releasing him the wrong move. Would have made a difference for us this season.

Hes not the only one mind you Nuhiu who we have needed to upgrade on for years would have been a massive upgrade on all our forwards. 

This is the mess Garry Monk left us in. Sent us backwards for years. 

Cant blame GM mate for our lack of recruitment,it was the right move(the only move) to get these players wages off our Club,to avoid further FFP issues...Dave i totally agree with you,made no sense not to keep him in his role,but one can only assume the intention for GM was to allow him to replace him.which never happened.

Inconceivable that any football manager by choice,would start a campaign without a striker.....& he cant be held responsible either for the points deduction(12 at that point) the Clubs starting position in the League(bottom) or the wages that could be offered.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

No. Best player in the division , yeah in L2 😂

Unless Moore can pull off an escape plan on par with Frank Morris's dropped a shoulder and runner from Alcatraz we'll be in league 2 ourselves in September.

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

No

Best player in the division , yeah in L2 😂

And he’s played 7 games 

Chances are we will be competing at the same level as his current team next season. Lee signed for them In January and has missed games due to COVID. 

How many games have our January signings played? 

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Unless Moore can pull off an escape plan on par with Frank Morris's dropped a shoulder and runner from Alcatraz we'll be in league 2 ourselves in September.

I would hope not Mi Lord! 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Chances are we will be competing at the same level as his current team next season. Lee signed for them In January and has missed games due to COVID. 

How many games have our January signings played? 

I don’t know. But what I can tell you is I’m not bothered about a half fit Kieran Lee in his 30s, having some decent games in League 2

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Cant blame GM mate for our lack of recruitment,it was the right move(the only move) to get these players wages off our Club,to avoid further FFP issues...Dave i totally agree with you,made no sense not to keep him in his role,but one can only assume the intention for GM was to allow him to replace him.which never happened.

Inconceivable that any football manager by choice,would start a campaign without a striker.....& he cant be held responsible either for the points deduction(12 at that point) the Clubs starting position in the League(bottom) or the wages that could be offered.

Most reports show that Kachunga and Paterson are on better wages than Nuhiu was. Although they may not be completely accurate it is possible to assume they are in the right ball park. 

Monk showed he had little faith in Nuhiu by leaving him on the bench after lock down even when Fletcher has packed in and Wickham wasn't fit. We were rarely linked to any strikers over the summer, Monk should have made more of a point on this and expressed that it was essential to us functioning as a team.

You seem to absolve Monk of blame in many situations and often jump to his defence. He was more part of the problem than he was the solution. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I would hope not Mi Lord! 

Thank you Boywonder! I was in confusion. 

You know what this is don't you?

It's the bloody stupid numbering system.

Four divisions. 

Four!

But do we call them one to four?

No. Do we flip.

We faff. 

We faff so that three is one and four is two. 

Why?!

Why?!

Marketing that's why.

Trying to make things sound better than they are. 

Well don't!

Because we'll know what they are when we see them! 

If I see a broken Easter Egg I know it's a broken Easter egg. 

I might still buy it. But I don't want some spiv in a suit replacing the sign with something that says "Exclusive Easter Shards"

It's a broken egg. Just call it a broken egg!

This is what really does my bean. It really does. 

Division four is division four. 

The Premier League, Premiership, Premier-whatever is division one!

Anyway. You're quite right. I was alluding to the fact we'd probably be in the same division next season.

The Third Division!™ 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I don’t know. But what I can tell you is I’m not bothered about a half fit Kieran Lee in his 30s, having some decent games in League 2

Yet we signed Dunkley before he had recovered from a broken leg, Luongo who just cant get fit, Green who was without a club for 6 months and is now injured, Marriott who has hardly been involved. 

Nobody wanted to come to us in the summer as we had a 12 point deduction. The club will have known something like that was on the horizon. Another year for Lee might have helped in that respect. Could he really have done any worse than our midfield has offered this season? 

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Thank you Boywonder! I was in confusion. 

You know what this is don't you?

It's the bloody stupid numbering system.

Four divisions. 

Four!

But do we call them one to four?

No. Do we flip.

We faff. 

We faff so that three is one and four is two. 

Why?!

Why?!

Marketing that's why.

Trying to make things sound better than they are. 

Well don't!

Because we'll know what they are when we see them! 

If I see a broken Easter Egg I know it's a broken Easter egg. 

I might still buy it. But I don't want some spiv in a suit replacing the sign with something that says "Exclusive Easter Shards"

It's a broken egg. Just call it a broken egg!

This is what really does my bean. It really does. 

Division four is division four. 

The Premier League, Premiership, Premier-whatever is division one!

Anyway. You're quite right. I was alluding to the fact we'd probably be in the same division next season.

The Third Division!™ 

Um... But Bolton are in the fourth division.

*Runs away*

1 hour ago, parajack said:

NO........how much longer are people going to want to keep  aging,alleged injury prone players!!!!  We need to find the next younger,fitter KL and bring them on....

Yes. Much better to resign pelepussy then keep Lee. Then sign Brown kachunga and others who have had such an impact on our promotion push eh

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Most reports show that Kachunga and Paterson are on better wages than Nuhiu was. Although they may not be completely accurate it is possible to assume they are in the right ball park. 

Monk showed he had little faith in Nuhiu by leaving him on the bench after lock down even when Fletcher has packed in and Wickham wasn't fit. We were rarely linked to any strikers over the summer, Monk should have made more of a point on this and expressed that it was essential to us functioning as a team.

You seem to absolve Monk of blame in many situations and often jump to his defence. He was more part of the problem than he was the solution. 

Its almost impossible to make a credible summary of GM because of factors we didnt know at the time,and from which we still dont know the full picture now.....Even from what we do know,(TP for example saying the squad needed revamping in the Jan window)  which didnt happen,on top of the limited recruitment under GM,its difficult to lay our woes at GM door.

I just think the responsibility lay elsewhere....

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What sort of club are we that we keep having to cling on to players of the past. What state are we in that we can’t look forward and find the new versions of said players.

This includes Bannan, Hutchinson, Westwood, Lees too. All need moving on imo. 

Add Reach to this list.. We need newer, younger, fresher players with succulent juicy legs.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Plonk said:

Yes. Much better to resign pelepussy then keep Lee. Then sign Brown kachunga and others who have had such an impact on our promotion push eh

Your missing the point.........continuing with making alleged poor decisions as a Club,doesn't mean replacing KL was the wrong decision...

20 minutes ago, parajack said:

No but he can be held responsible for signing crap players who have contributed f@ck all. And his failure to sign at least one striker was negligent in the extreme