Kieran Lee - Should we have kept him?

5 minutes ago, jrh said:

11 wins, 2 draws in the 13 games since he signed. Another stupid decision by Monk to let him go Co soldering the back up we have (not much). 

I saw an article from a local Bolton paper the other day that popped up on my phone that said Monk wanted to keep Lee, but DC put the kibosh on it because of the wage bill

1 hour ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I saw an article from a local Bolton paper the other day that popped up on my phone that said Monk wanted to keep Lee, but DC put the kibosh on it because of the wage bill

Struggle to believe he'll be earning more at Bolton than what we could have offered! 

• Like 1

Isn’t he playing in league 2 now?  Not quite the same as playing against Norwich is it.  

Yes he should have been kept, but I’d hope the likes of Paterson and Pelupessy would look half decent in league 2.  Then again.. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jrh said:

11 wins, 2 draws in the 13 games since he signed. Another stupid decision by Monk to let him go Co soldering the back up we have (not much). 

Given the reports from some about the extent of the control of the chairman over even the ordering of basic office supplies, what are the odds that it's the manager who is in sole charge of the squad? 

26 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Isn’t he playing in league 2 now?  Not quite the same as playing against Norwich is it.  

Yes he should have been kept, but I’d hope the likes of Paterson and Pelupessy would look half decent in league 2.  Then again.. 

You’re in the wrong place with common sense statements like that.

I heard Ross Wallace has a good game for St Mirren the other day, should never have let him go.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jrh said:

Struggle to believe he'll be earning more at Bolton than what we could have offered! 

Don't forgot he was without a club for months before Bolton, he wouldn't have had the same negotiating power.

I'm trying to find the article but it said he was one of our higher earners

2 hours ago, 83owl said:

Yeah because they’re the same type of player

No one's average at best and one's a good player.

I'm guessing you mean the old 'but JP is a defensive midfielder you can't expect him to be doing anything else'.

Lee was equally as good all over the pitch. He could defend and tackle as well as getting forward, creating chances and chipping in with goals.

He's a lot more mobile.

IMO KL would have given us a lot more than JP this season.

• Like 4

He ended up at Bolton in League 2. So the whole of the Championship and League 1 decided he was too much of a risk to sign. 

Watched him play today looked ok, not outstanding but part of a team doing well. Good luck to him but his best Champ days are gone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Yes I would have rather kept him and said goodbye to Pelupessy.

i dont see lee as a  player who could play the the defensive midfield role  that joey excel's in ...... browns role would have been ideal for lee and probably for a fraction of the cost .

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
3 hours ago, jrh said:

We didn’t offer him anything because he was unavailable most of the time...why can’t any of our fans just let go..

With Bolton's and our respective form we'll probably be lining up against him next season and there are very good even championship standard individuals in league 2 just playing for league 2 teams.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but the time was right for him to move on, we'll never know if his form and fitness would have carried through to us this season and if we do see him next season and fans are allowed itll be quite the reception he receives and rightly so. But let's move on

• Like 1