• Bannan
    • Windass
    • Harris
    • Brown
    • Kachunga
    • Marriott
    • Rhodes

8 hours ago, Sova said:

Absolutely bizarre - even more so considering Moore's comments about Rhodes the other day.

I agree. He was bigging Rhodes up, telling us that he was going to unleash his undoubted talent and then he leaves him on the bench and brings on Kachunga before him !!!

I think that Rhodes is probably the only genuine talent that we have and our managers can’t fathom out how he will blend in with all the stagnant hopeless huffers and puffers that struggle to pass to each other every week.

Guest Bulgaria
7 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

This squad is the most unprofessional and bullshit I've ever seen... lack of fitness, lack of cool/calm/creativity, lack of tactics, lack of composure, lack of motivation, not fit to wear the shirt... they should all fizz off!

Not much else to say.

Nailed it.

Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, Daz said:

I’ve felt somewhat sorry for Chansiri - this has cost him a lot of money and I’ve had sympathy with him having to shell out millions over the past 12 months with little revenue coming in. It can’t have been easy and I’ve appreciated him putting his hand into his pocket.

But tonight, my stance is different as I’ve come to realize that it’s been a combination of really poor decisions which will see us in the hellhole of league 1 again and that it’s his own creation. The succession of ******** poor managers is his responsibility and this may not be popular, but Moore is another poor selection. If we were choosing a manager who knew either the Championship and L1 better, then Cook was the much more experienced choice. I will bet Ipswich will be right up there at the top next season. 

We we have no strategic planning - why even have youth teams if you meekly let the best prospects be snapped up by others when it would cost us little to extend their contracts? All too little effort to keep them until the horse has bolted, but it’s all too easy to then blame the players agents. It’s actually ******** poor management. Our balance of trade on our squad must be the worst in all 4 leagues - we consistently keep players way beyond their sell by date then wonder why our finances render us with breaches, late filings of accounts and points deductions. It’s ******** poor management.

When it comes to adding to the squad, it’s like playing blind brag, there’s seemingly no planning such that if x player is sold or leaves, we have a priority list of 3 or 4 targets who would be a good replacement. That list should exist for every single player, but it looks like we are totally disorganized and have to panic buy at well over the odds.

It’s all too easy for the players - the countless times we’ve turned up for just one half and disappeared for the other, the times when we sit off teams and admire them playing in front of us at will, and the times when we’ve lost possession and amble back leaving unmarked opponents have all the space they need to drive a bus through us. I’ve never seen such a lazy Wednesday team which is top of the league for capitulating. But that attitude comes from the very top, and percolates through the whole club. There’s no urgency in planning, no urgency in addressing issues, no urgency in dealing with contracts, no urgency in replacing managers, no urgency in putting together a robust and realistic plan on and off the field. Instead we simply drift, ignoring the writing on the wall or the waterfall ahead  and preferring to excuse sub standard performances because we’re too massive and it will all turn out ok and we are all euphoric about the Premier League return ticket.

Its clear that despite his good intentions and thinking of making a quick return on investment by getting to the Premier league, Chansiri has failed miserably as we plummet through the trap door and can look forward to trips to Accrington, Cheltenham and Forest Green. We might even have the privilege of being turned over by Leicester U23’s in whatever Mickey Mouse cup tie It is as evidence of our ‘progress’. The frustrating thing is this shambles has been obvious for over a year and nothing, absolutely nothing has been done about it, except we’ve kept paddling towards that waterfall. 

I remember the the last time we were in the pub league with the promise of a quick return, yet instead we finished in the second lowest position in our entire history. With this level of mismanagement and lack of any semblance of a serious and thorough plan, we might go one better this time around - but perhaps Chansiri will deliver us L2 prices to soften the blow?

Top post

Not great last night, but it was nice to see what DM will be trying to do. We looked more attacking for certain. 

When was the last time you saw passes inside their full back to run on to? 

We need a win, sharpish and i think it might then turn into the form we need to stay up. 

6 hours ago, Daz said:

I’ve felt somewhat sorry for Chansiri - this has cost him a lot of money and I’ve had sympathy with him having to shell out millions over the past 12 months with little revenue coming in. It can’t have been easy and I’ve appreciated him putting his hand into his pocket.

But tonight, my stance is different as I’ve come to realize that it’s been a combination of really poor decisions which will see us in the hellhole of league 1 again and that it’s his own creation. The succession of ******** poor managers is his responsibility and this may not be popular, but Moore is another poor selection. If we were choosing a manager who knew either the Championship and L1 better, then Cook was the much more experienced choice. I will bet Ipswich will be right up there at the top next season. 

We we have no strategic planning - why even have youth teams if you meekly let the best prospects be snapped up by others when it would cost us little to extend their contracts? All too little effort to keep them until the horse has bolted, but it’s all too easy to then blame the players agents. It’s actually ******** poor management. Our balance of trade on our squad must be the worst in all 4 leagues - we consistently keep players way beyond their sell by date then wonder why our finances render us with breaches, late filings of accounts and points deductions. It’s ******** poor management.

When it comes to adding to the squad, it’s like playing blind brag, there’s seemingly no planning such that if x player is sold or leaves, we have a priority list of 3 or 4 targets who would be a good replacement. That list should exist for every single player, but it looks like we are totally disorganized and have to panic buy at well over the odds.

It’s all too easy for the players - the countless times we’ve turned up for just one half and disappeared for the other, the times when we sit off teams and admire them playing in front of us at will, and the times when we’ve lost possession and amble back leaving unmarked opponents have all the space they need to drive a bus through us. I’ve never seen such a lazy Wednesday team which is top of the league for capitulating. But that attitude comes from the very top, and percolates through the whole club. There’s no urgency in planning, no urgency in addressing issues, no urgency in dealing with contracts, no urgency in replacing managers, no urgency in putting together a robust and realistic plan on and off the field. Instead we simply drift, ignoring the writing on the wall or the waterfall ahead  and preferring to excuse sub standard performances because we’re too massive and it will all turn out ok and we are all euphoric about the Premier League return ticket.

Its clear that despite his good intentions and thinking of making a quick return on investment by getting to the Premier league, Chansiri has failed miserably as we plummet through the trap door and can look forward to trips to Accrington, Cheltenham and Forest Green. We might even have the privilege of being turned over by Leicester U23’s in whatever Mickey Mouse cup tie It is as evidence of our ‘progress’. The frustrating thing is this shambles has been obvious for over a year and nothing, absolutely nothing has been done about it, except we’ve kept paddling towards that waterfall. 

I remember the the last time we were in the pub league with the promise of a quick return, yet instead we finished in the second lowest position in our entire history. With this level of mismanagement and lack of any semblance of a serious and thorough plan, we might go one better this time around - but perhaps Chansiri will deliver us L2 prices to soften the blow?

Feeling sorry for dc give me a break 😂

19 minutes ago, abdiwonderland said:

Not great last night, but it was nice to see what DM will be trying to do. We looked more attacking for certain. 

When was the last time you saw passes inside their full back to run on to? 

We need a win, sharpish and i think it might then turn into the form we need to stay up. 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This

Not This!

Thought we offered very little going forward until Rotherham had man sent off.  After that it was panic stations attacking.  We attacked with far more purpose in first half on Saturday and I thought Moore might try and capitalise on that rather than change formation straight away.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daz said:

The even sadder part of it is that away tickets are going to be like rocking horse s**t next season too so away days will be a rare luxury for most fans as there won't be enough tickets on sale 

Owlstalk Shop

I've had time to calm down from the brutal emotion of the last hasp loss. 

The old doom adrenaline had built and given me a biff like a fish being slapped across the chops. 

Having had time to reflect. 

We were pants. But that is nothing new. 

We lost to a team that ...ugh. 

But we sis actually created some stuff. Duff as we were. 

Another day Pato has a hat-trick and Moores considering a miracle worked. If and buts. Inches and feet. 

He's got his work cut out with this shower. Sows ear and all that. 

Thought Borner looked a bit more like. Which is good. I like him.

Shaw was decent....not that it matters to us long term.