• Paterson
    • Bannan
    • Windass
    • Harris
    • Brown
    • Kachunga
    • Marriott
    • Rhodes

Thanks for the thread Milord and I also extend a welcome to the club to the new management team.

Another new dawn at the club. This one feels a bit different. I really hope so. We must win tonight, no more bottling from the players.

Come on, let’s do it. 

• Like 1

I'm excited. I really am.

I expect the feeling may have dissipated by the time the gong strikes 8, but at this moment there's a thrill. 

Woke this morning with the old butterflies. 

Experience tells me not to feel the gentle thrum of excitement.

Tells me that this is The Wednesday. That Rome wasn't built in a day.

It tells me I've seen this squad in action many times before  and know the frailties.

Tells me that the Millers put us to bed earlier this very season too. 

But I can't shake it, really I can't. 

I'm...

I'm.....

I'm... looking forward to it 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

image.png.6f974146ffd118bcf6d9843b89026295.png

These are the games aren't they. Games against the top sides, results are bonuses. But these games. These are the ones.

Tough game tonight, and a win won't keep us out of the drop zone. 

But seeing our points total start with a '3' would be a mental boost. 

Keep us in touch with Birmingham and Coventry with a couple of games in hand. 

Big game. Big game.

I think we can do it though. 

I think one of the most important jobs Moore has on his hands here is making sure these players are relaxed.

The tension in them is so visible at times. The bodies become like stone. 

There might be a fragility in the collective mentality and to that end I think that's why they need an encourager.

The drill major routine can't always work, especially on a group that are struggling down this end. 

If he can get in and keep them relaxed I think that's our best chance. 

Whatever you do in life I think there has to be a level of being relaxed to perform.

Something that I should have probably mentioned to @latemodelchild earlier in the thread.

Nice and relaxed tonight. Nice and relaxed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think one of the most important jobs Moore has on his hands here is making sure these players are relaxed.

The tension in them is so visible at times. The bodies become like stone. 

There might be a fragility in the collective mentality and to that end I think that's why they need an encourager.

The drill major routine can't always work, especially on a group that are struggling down this end. 

If he can get in and keep them relaxed I think that's our best chance. 

Whatever you do in life I think there has to be a level of being relaxed to perform.

Something that I should have probably mentioned to @latemodelchild earlier in the thread.

Nice and relaxed tonight. Nice and relaxed. 

I agree. And he had mentioned enjoying the remaining games. 

An excited tone from DM. 

The zone of genius tonight. Zone of genius. 

Fancy and free. 

Great post Snoots...

My Donny mate was cursing me on Monday about stealing their manager until I pointed out their recent form and said they were nailed on for a win (which they did last night).

So now our turn to get the benefit of a change at the helm....

Got to be a win tonight otherwise....dread to think..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I'm hoping Big Daz has had a few pinned up against the wall in the dressing room telling them some home truths. 

Agree.

Just hope he’s not having to do it about 9.30 tonight.

• Like 1

I've a good feeling about tonight. 

Big Daz is going to become the new Big Ron. Hopefully he'll bring back the days of fluid, simple football. Try keep it on the deck ant pick your long pass out. 

Plus he's Brought with him the game changer, "A good omen" for once. 

We've got a new Paul williams, he might not be playing or the original one, but our fortunes picked up the last time we had one lol

I’m absolutely delighted Moore is here. He seems to be the right man to rebuild us next season. As for keeping us up I think that ship sailed on Saturday. We are too far adrift and toothless up front. If Moore takes us down fighting that will actually be OK by me. 
I think we might beat Rotherham. It’s going to be an edgy game though. The lastest chance saloon for both teams. Probably not a ‘feast of football’ heading our way!

Not being racist in any way, but at last we appearto have a manager who can speak English. Sounds from his interviews like a straight speaking , no clap-trap manager who calls a spade a spade. Can only be good for us. Perhaps if , at half-time, he takes one player aside and says 'Lad, tha't playing crap' he may get his point over.