Can we do it?

12 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Birmingham and Luton were massive games -  we blew it.

Rotherham is our last opportunity for me lose that and no way will we stay up, get a win and it offers a faint ray of hope .

This is the truest answer for me. The ship sailed once we lost to Birmingham. Out outside chance at redemption came and went in the second half against Luton. 
I’m well pleased Moore is here but I think his job is rebuilding. That’s his core skill. Getting decent youngsters on loan and getting them integrated into the team. Things like that. If we wanted him to keep us up three or four games ago was the time. If Chansiri was serious about keeping us up, a large nasty striker in Jan was what we needed!

Theres always a chance the footballing gods will smile on us but they don’t normally! But hope springs eternal. 
As a minimum let’s go down fighting and bloody a few noses on our way out if nowt else!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, doubled123456 said:

With Hutch and Westwood we have a chance Neil.

I think Westwood being injured now is another reason we will struggle.

I have little confidence in Wildsmith and I don't think the defence in front of him do either.

He is too weak and looks petrified whenever the ball comes into the box.

• Like 2

Not a chance, we are effectively 3 wins from 4th bottom with 14 left to play.

Been saying for months we need a 50% win rate to get out of it and with two thirds of the season gone were not even at 30%

14 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Not a chance, we are effectively 3 wins from 4th bottom with 14 left to play.

Been saying for months we need a 50% win rate to get out of it and with two thirds of the season gone were not even at 30%

I'd agree with you if those 3 teams just above the drop zone had played the same number as games as us but we've got 2 games on all 3. Let's see where we are when we've played the games in hand and the table evens itself out with the games played. 

Would love to be optimistic but honestly can’t see us staying up.

every time we have a chance to get out of bottom three or beat a team around us we blow it. 
it might sound dramatic but I said last October when we lost those consecutive games against Luton Rotherham and Wycombe that those results could send us down at the end of the season - I know there was loads of points still to play for but it’s picking up zero points in those type of games that has killed us all season 

really hope I’m wrong, but fear the worse - the Birmingham and Luton defeats sealed it for me 

Guest wilyfox

We can, but I don’t think we will.

Tonight’s game feels like a decider. Either the players buy into the situation and give a good account of themselves, or we’re done for. Leeway used up. They need to deliver.

I not putting too much emphasis on Rotherham game. Its early in DM reign and if we don't get the win we still mathematically in with a shout of staying up. 

We need a run of good results. 5 wins 5draws will probably be just enough. It's no way impossible.

Do we deserve to stop up. I think so. We have had some bad luck on the pitch with fluke goals against us and injury to players who are normally fit players. Off the pitch we been just as unlucky. Pulis was a disaster. Without Thompson we would be doomed already. If we do stay up Thompson deserves as much praise as DM would. 

Much more important than the result against Rotherham is the attitude of the team and the tactical method employed by DM. My advice to him would be this team is incapable of scraping a 1 nill win. If we concede a goal its likely more will follow. We need to press high and keep possession for as long as possible. DM needs to be playing players in the position that they are most comfortable in. If that means they don't fit in the formation he wants then don't play them. The teams biggest downfall has been goals. They are acutely aware of this so totally lose confidence if they go behind. If we can get more goals this would solve everything. If he can solve the Rhodes conundrum we could stay in this division. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, s29wfc said:

I'd agree with you if those 3 teams just above the drop zone had played the same number as games as us but we've got 2 games on all 3. Let's see where we are when we've played the games in hand and the table evens itself out with the games played. 

I admire your optimism oldboy but its done and dusted in my humble opinion.

If you are proved right I'll buy you a pint 😉 

2 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Do we deserve to stop up. I think so. We have had some bad luck on the pitch with fluke goals against us and injury to players who are normally fit players. Off the pitch we been just as unlucky. Pulis was a disaster. Without Thompson we would be doomed already. If we do stay up Thompson deserves as much praise as DM would. 

Based purely on the performances I’ve seen this season, I would say we are going down with plenty of justification.  We’ve been truly awful in most games (even some where we’ve won) and our failure to gain a single point from games where the opposition score first continues to be a very damming reflection on our desire to win.  Any team that caves in as we did against Luton deserves nothing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

We need everyone else to keep losing. Apart from that, I don’t see why not.

Yep..

If coventry and brum continue to abseil down the league and we improve just a bit, it will go down to the last 2 games.

Personally think we've had it though.

Foooked up good and proper at luton, for me that was the writing on the wall.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Watto said:

I'm amazed how easy people are accepting our fate , I'm quite pessamitic when it comes to Wednesday but bloody ell I'm not accepting us going down to Division 3 .... again.

Loads saying we are planning for league one with Moore and Chansiri has got the right man in .....have u all forgot it's Chansiri that has put us here with his total mismanagement of the club .....I said it before DM came in and I'll say it again , I will support us from my armchair now until Chansiri goes trouble is I could be waiting a long while.

Same on how many people have accepted it now. 

Me before DM:

21481823.gif Me now haha: tenor.gif 

It's funny how things can change your outlook, even if we draw or lose tonight I will still have hope that maybe we could get 2-3 back to back wins and get back into the mix.