13 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Someone better tell bannan his 60 yard wonder balls will have stay in the locker for a bit

If / when the fans return, they will pressure him into long balls, with Kenny Lunt chants 

Will be interesting to see what Darren feels the best positions are for our players.  He may stick with the status quo (rocking all over the world) to start with or drastically change it. 
Is Windass best as a striker like Vardy or as a wide forward?  
The team sheet at 6.45pm will be interesting and just hope there’s no new absentees 

• Like 1

I don’t see what you do in Windass.

If he’s our main striker for most of the rest of the season we are down. If he takes some of the game-time off Rhodes and Paterson then fine, he’s much better than Kachunga or Marriott.

First choice - not for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Will be interesting to see what Darren feels the best positions are for our players.  He may stick with the status quo (rocking all over the world) to start with or drastically change it. 
Is Windass best as a striker like Vardy or as a wide forward?  
The team sheet at 6.45pm will be interesting and just hope there’s no new absentees 

Obviously I meant the team sheet tomorrow but you’re not allowed to edit anything on here now unless you are speedy gonzalez 

• Haha 2

Guest Mcguigan
3 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Former managers and teammates have said he’s good enough for the PL.  Hopefully Moore can bring that out in him on a more regular basis 

Wowzer, I’m still debating if he’s good enough for the Championship.

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

As long as the majority of balls went down the channels for Windass and Kachunga to latch onto, perhaps.

Paterson simply doesn't function as a target man, based on what we've seen so far. He barely holds the ball up and brings others into play at all.

Absolutely this. Him putting himself about so the ball might fall to another of our players is hardly a precise way of creating chances is it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Absolutely this. Him putting himself about so the ball might fall to another of our players is hardly a precise way of creating chances is it

No, it's most definitely not.

Passing accuracy:

Windass: 77%

Kachunga: 74%

Rhodes: 63%

Paterson: 54%

Paterson has his uses, but ball retention and link-up play isn't top of that list so far.

• Like 1

Think windass would suit being wide in a front 3 myself he works hard has pave and is direct 

cam see him, green, Harris and reach being used out wide in those positions you could add kachunga in there too 

reach might be a bit slow for the position but his fitness and quality from the left could lend itself to left back in a back 4 odubajo when 

fit on the right 

3 hours ago, fpowl said:

Think windass would suit being wide in a front 3 myself he works hard has pave and is direct 

cam see him, green, Harris and reach being used out wide in those positions you could add kachunga in there too 

reach might be a bit slow for the position but his fitness and quality from the left could lend itself to left back in a back 4 odubajo when 

fit on the right 

Was thinking you'd got it Bob on bud.... 

Then you scared the living crap out of me by contemplating the idea of having reach & Odd-job as our fullbacks.... 

Even scarier in a back four. 

Reach is about as powderpuff as you'll ever see defensively and odd job has the positional sense, awerness and concentration of a wardancing ferret.

That right there is the stuff of nightmares lol

5 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Windass and Rhodes for me. Not sure why people on here saying Kachunga has pace, he doesn’t. Paterson, as much as I like him he’s not very good.

In terms of a goal threat, Paterson always looked more accomplished breaking from midfield He doesn’t have the game to play with his back to goal

14 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Moore should stand them all in a field , and get Westwood and Lees to launch balls at them from 60 yards.  Whoever wins the most gets the shirt up front.

You been spying on Monk’s training sessions again?

16 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I don’t see what you do in Windass.

If he’s our main striker for most of the rest of the season we are down. If he takes some of the game-time off Rhodes and Paterson then fine, he’s much better than Kachunga or Marriott.

First choice - not for me.

Agree but the problem is all of our strikers are for want of a better word pants !!

To me Rhodes who has done nothing since he signed is our only striker. He has to play for that reason. 

• Like 1

If he sets us up in his favoured 4-2-3-1 formation, the best way in my opinion, to get goals into the side, is to play Paterson, Brown and Windass, behind Rhodes in that middle line. Paterson always looked more impressive at Cardiff when he was coming on to the ball, instead of playing with his back to goal. Windass, to my mind, would offer more direct goal threat than Reach on the left, where he could attack the box using his pace from the left. Brown in the centre, orchestrating things. Rhodes isn’t the ideal man to lead the line, but if we’re looking to deliver ball in to feet, as Doncaster do, he’s potentially our biggest goal threat. Just to add, that I’d prefer better options, but given the players we have, I feel this set up would give us our best chance of scoring the goals we need