If Darren moore gets us playing similar to how he had Doncaster play earlier in the season I think Windass will hopefully start really firing in more goals. 

From highlights I've seen of Doncaster this season they seem to score a lot from playing low through balls in behind the opposition defence for players to run on to. 

From what ive seen of Windass it seems to be when he's most effective and scored a few goals, using that bit of pace to run in behind (similar in a way as what Vardy does at Leicester). 

His first against Luton and the one soon after from penneys pass as recent examples. 

• Like 1

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

If Darren moore gets us playing similar to how he had Doncaster play earlier in the season I think Windass will hopefully start really firing in more goals. 

From highlights I've seen of Doncaster this season they seem to score a lot from playing low through balls in behind the opposition defence for players to run on to. 

From what ive seen of Windass it seems to be when he's most effective and scored a few goals, using that bit of pace to run in behind (similar in a way as what Vardy does at Leicester). 

His first against Luton and the one soon after from penneys pass as recent examples. 

Ditto all our strikers, which makes the decision to keep persisting with the aerial route bizarre

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Ditto all our strikers, which makes the decision to keep persisting with the aerial route bizarre

I'm not sure Patterson or Rhodes really have the pace for that style,but would  suit Harris and Green,as I did notice donny were really good at getting their wingers into the box too, something ours really don't do enough of. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Windass hasnt stopped dancing since we appointed Moore instead of Cook

Nah he'll have known he Was safe when our "Unprofessional owner" Dc, complained to the media about cook being unprofessional. You really couldn't make some of the things that go on under Dc up lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, modboy said:

wish he had buried that one-on-one on saturday

True, but then him and Kachunga are our only forwards with the pace to get in behind a defence like that. If he had pace, movement, and clinical finishing, he wouldn't be playing for Wednesday.

Such is our lot at the moment, I'm afraid. If we could take an attribute from each forward and stick them all in one player, we'd have a top striker on our hands.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think we are going to have to wait minimum until August to know what 'Darren Moors Playing Style' is.

Playing style doesn't matter at moment only the results.

Worry about playing from the back, 2 wingers, attacking formations next season.

Absolutely. Trying to fit square pegs into round holes is the last thing we need right now.

DM, JS and PW need to look  at the players we have and work on a system that will play to their strengths. No point in wishing we had a big mobile front man to be the fairy on the Christmas Tree formation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Travolski said:

Could use Patterson as a target man to keep the defence bizzy and use windass and kachunga as inside forwards maybe

As long as the majority of balls went down the channels for Windass and Kachunga to latch onto, perhaps.

Paterson simply doesn't function as a target man, based on what we've seen so far. He barely holds the ball up and brings others into play at all.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

As long as the majority of balls went down the channels for Windass and Kachunga to latch onto, perhaps.

Paterson simply doesn't function as a target man, based on what we've seen so far. He barely holds the ball up and brings others into play at all.

I get that and agree I.e Paterson, but he is good at pressing and causing defenders agro, was thinking of using paterson to draw defenders to make space, but distributing the balls down the wings possibly. Be right up bannans street too playing through balls for them to run on to. What ever it maybe I'm for once excited about a wensday manager 👍

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Travolski said:

I get that and agree I.e Paterson, but he is good at pressing and causing defenders agro, was thinking of using paterson to draw defenders to make space, but distributing the balls down the wings possibly. Be right up bannans street too playing through balls for them to run on to. What ever it maybe I'm for once excited about a wensday manager 👍

Yeah, I agree with that.

We'll use Paterson as a 'false targetman', if you get what I mean?!

:duntmatter: