Osaze - Do I Stay or Do I go|?

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The pressure is on the chairman now to change the culture at the club to one that players with a future want to stay at

Anyone blaming agents here is misguided 

I know these leeches are a part of the game but I'm not sure all agents can be said to be furthering a players career above getting a payout for themselves 

I know a couple and the £s they trouser for promoting a move is obscene

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

The pressure is on the chairman now to change the culture at the club to one that players with a future want to stay at

Anyone blaming agents here is misguided 

Can you expand on that, as I see agents running a company and players are just another employee and if they can get more money in the company by placing a player into another club, then they won't hesitate to do so. 

Whereas I agree that players need to be represented I do wonder if the agents are looking after the company's interest more than the players. 

This is just my perception as I have little understanding how agents operate.   I guess they mollycoddle the obvious good players and the 'lesser' players are just fodder. 

• Like 1

He would get other championship offers no doubt. DM has a big job to sell to players that this is the place to be. Loyalty will count for nothing as we are a basket case of a club. 

players will all know that we have a threadbare squad for next year as it stands. And have a good chance of relegation unless DM can work magic.

I hope he stays, we would be replacing with someone much older or someone more of an unknown if he leaves.

any player that we need to replace we will be scraping the barrel for replacements

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

What do people think his best position  is or will be? Full back? CB in a 2? Or CB in a 3?

Not sure, a coach at Wimbledon thought he’d make a good DM.  Or maybe he meant he was good at dropping into people’s DM’s, I get confused with the new kids speak

• Haha 1

I suppose there are good and bad agents as there are in every walk of life. It also depends on which side of the fence you are, as a fan you don't want to lose a player, as a player you want the best deal.

I do wonder about young players moving to big clubs and getting lost in the system. Maybe sticking with a good club for longer may ultimately be best for young players. Being one of 60 or more v good kids loaned out to the highest bidder isn't the best way to develop.

7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Can you expand on that, as I see agents running a company and players are just another employee and if they can get more money in the company by placing a player into another club, then they won't hesitate to do so. 

Whereas I agree that players need to be represented I do wonder if the agents are looking after the company's interest more than the players. 

This is just my perception as I have little understanding how agents operate.   I guess they mollycoddle the obvious good players and the 'lesser' players are just fodder. 

The best way to boil it down is this

Agent to player "I think you should move to another club to further your career"

Player to agent "No chance - Sheffield Wednesday is amazing for me. The culture here is fantastic, everything is positive and supportive, the club's really going places and they really value and look after their players"

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him join Millwall on a free to be back in London and then be worth £10m within 3 matches there

IF he goes to another ENGLISH club do we get a better deal, such as a percentage of any further transfer's etc?.

22 minutes ago, trev said:

Tbh I'm more gutted about Shaw.

Ozaze seems like a good kid with a good attitude but he doesn't have the potential of Shaw. Still worth keeping though if we can.

I think that it's the other way around. I can see Urhoghide playing at a higher level than Shaw eventually. Really hope that we sort this one out

• Like 3