Could we redevelop Hillsborough for the 2030 World Cup?

1 minute ago, Rogers said:

Generally tournaments try to spread the locations across the host country; but would it matter if the Arsenal, Spurs, and West Ham were all selected? 

Man City and Man Utd

Liverpool and Everton

Or would you want to pick a shittier ground, because it’s in a different location. E.g.  Sheff Utd, Brighton, 

See what you mean

I think I'd go with the best grounds and facilities/transport infrastructure and try to do as even a spread as possible around the country

The Manchester and Liverpool examples are good ones - four cracking grounds there

Owlstalk Shop

11 hours ago, GMOwl72 said:

Uk and Ireland means Hillsborough would be way down the pecking order in terms of English venues.

Would be lucky to make the top 16 if it was Sheffield and Ireland.

We love it because it's home but take your rose tinted glasses off and make no mistake, it's a s**thole that wouldn't make the top 30 today let alone top 16. 

There will be no major football event played at Hillsborough ever again. The world has moved on and it's been left behind as a crumbling reminder of the 'good' old days.

11 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Hillsborough is ready now.  No other stadium looks as good as Hillsborough when its full.

North stand is a thing of beauty, South stand is classic, the Kop iconic. West stand needs a little bit of work. 

Bring it on

I'm afraid the stigma of the disaster will rule out any chance of Hillsborough being used on a world stage.

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

Generally tournaments try to spread the locations across the host country; but would it matter if the Arsenal, Spurs, and West Ham were all selected? 

Man City and Man Utd

Liverpool and Everton

Or would you want to pick a shittier ground, because it’s in a different location. E.g.  Sheff Utd, Brighton, 

Surely you want it spread out around the country not just focused in a few areas.  London could have a couple of venues.  Brightons ground is designed I believe, so it can be extended.

Bramall Lane should be raised to the ground.

No.

And if we spend a just a little bit of money to get it in we would be mad.

Sad to say it, but our ground is no longer an asset.

With 3 stands that either need replacing now or will need replacing in the near future.

It has limited parking, poor facilities and limited hospitality.

And our one good stand has dreadful leg room.

Too negative?

Just now, @owlstalk said:

From the centre circle it 100% is

Go behind any stand or into any of the suites or offices and it's lacking 

A lick of paint can work wonders,  no doubt it needs sprucing up but funds would be made available and we will have had few years in the Prem by then and stock piled a few million.  

(Allow me my dreams and fantasies, and don't come back with any counter points)  

If there was going to be a Yorkshire venue (I'm not even sure there will) then it would be between us and Leeds. Two classic grounds, but neither in the best shape. One big advantage we have is Hillsborough Park for the fans and the quick trams from the city center. 

I'm pretty sure the final would be played in Sheffield as the home of football, so to accommodate a game of that magnitude a 90,000 seater stadium would have to be built that we will then play in afterwards 

You Heard it here first