World Cup...2030

Time to get Hillsborough tarted up. Yorkshire has to have at least one venue.

Like someone else said, it’s ridiculously overdue to be on these shores. Can you imagine if there was a World Cup for American football and England would have hosted it more times than USA? 

I would also say it’s now long overdue for Western Europe. Not held in that part of the world since 2006.

It is a bit ridiculous how there will be 5 countries as part of it. That’s 5 automatic qualifications. Although granted, it is an expanded tournament from 2026.

If that money goes straight to creasing the palms of the FIFA big wigs, then we will get it.

The World Cup is for sale, it's not about fancy bids, it's a simple financial transaction - they might as well be transparent about it seeing as they seem to be above the law, 

The scandal in Trinidad - where FIFA went in and sacked the democratically elected footballing head as he was about to uncovering more corruption - shows that the leopard hasn't changed it's spots.

As for the ever increasing death tally of migrant construction workers in Qatar - well it's up to players to boycott that WC, and I think loads will , or have convenient injuries that prevent them going. 

Was a report the other day that since Qatar was awarded the Cup, 6000 construction workers have died.

Granted not all on the stadium construction 

John Oliver had a great bit on FIFA ,saying they are the only organization that makes the IOC look squeeky clean .

Guest T Hardy

Haven’t FIFA basically said before that going forwards they want the World Cup to be in countries where football needs to grow in popularity - hence why America has had it a few times. As it’s the most popular sport here by a distance, we’re low down on the list surely. Our whole ‘bring it back home’ campaign is the opposite of what they’re going for, so I’m not optimistic 

1 hour ago, T Hardy said:

Haven’t FIFA basically said before that going forwards they want the World Cup to be in countries where football needs to grow in popularity - hence why America has had it a few times. As it’s the most popular sport here by a distance, we’re low down on the list surely. Our whole ‘bring it back home’ campaign is the opposite of what they’re going for, so I’m not optimistic 

Not using “bring football home” would be a good start. Proper rubs the FIFA suits up the wrong way. 

Guest T Hardy
23 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Not using “bring football home” would be a good start. Proper rubs the FIFA suits up the wrong way. 

Exactly, we’ve got no chance if we go in with that 

11 minutes ago, scram said:

We've gpt no chance unless we go in with wads of cash handed to a few individuals

F*ck FIFA

Bent as f*ck

I love that last time around our campaign was clearly corrupt (friendly matches in Trinidad & Tobago, designer handbags for the wives of FIFA executives), but just not as corrupt as the Russians lol 

• Haha 1