Till end of the season or longer contract ?

10 hours ago, Watto said:

Personally I think he's given DM at least an 18 month contract , I'd be very surprised if he came here on a temporary one to keep us up , I hope he has cause it'll make him work twice as hard to make sure we do stay up.

Paul cook reportedly turned us down because he wanted longer than the end of the season , so what's changed Chansiri's mind if it is indeed a longer contract.

What's changed his mind i suspect is he's realised that season ticket sales would be at their lowest levels for years if he continued to fiddle whilst Rome burned. Still might be, he's got a lot of work to turn the tide of resentment towards his tenure.

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

"Yeah it's an 18 month contract"

That's all that Chansiri needed to say

That's it

No secrets, no vague nonsense - just tell us

What does that achieve?

TRUST

GOODWILL FROM FANS

TOGETHERNESS

Instead we get more secrets

Over something as petty as the length of a managers contract

It's pathetic really when you think about it

Absolutely no need whatsoever to keep it a secret from the fans

It would literally be a two second off the lips "18 months to start with" answer, and we'd all go 'ah ok that's good then!' and that would be the end of it

lol

Its almost as bad as undisclosed fees, what is all that about?

I guess in Chansiri’s mind he’s thinking if we lose 5 games the fans will ask for Moore to be sacked so why tell them the length of the contract? 

But personally I would feel better if we were told Moore is here next season too to help rebuild the club in league 1, so these next 14 games also act as research for Moore to decide who is good enough.  But I guess there in lies the problem,  there probably isn’t a longer term plan than being a championship club, hence giving contracts to the likes of Bannan and Reach. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Who cares, contracts in football management mean sod all.

That's more of a reason to just say what length of contract Moore has been given

If it means nothing then why feel that you have to keep it a secret from the fans you want trust from?

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

That's more of a reason to just say what length of contract Moore has been given

If it means nothing then why feel that you have to keep it a secret from the fans you want trust from?

He could say anything in the scheme of things really don't care. Moore himself could jump ship regardless. Bigger worries then length of contract.

2 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

He could say anything in the scheme of things really don't care. Moore himself could jump ship regardless. Bigger worries then length of contract.

That's why just telling us the contract length is such an irrelevance it makes no sense to be a secret

Just say 'yeah it's till the end of the season then we'll review things' or 'yeah it's 18 months' etc

To make it a secret creates mistrust 

Chansiri has said he wants trust

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

That's why just telling us the contract length is such an irrelevance it makes no sense to be a secret

Just say 'yeah it's till the end of the season then we'll review things' or 'yeah it's 18 months' etc

To make it a secret creates mistrust 

Chansiri has said he wants trust

Trust, just give supporters their money back!

Words mean nothing as we know.

10 hours ago, crookesowl said:

He’ll keep us up and have an offer to extend, which he will sack off because a better option will come in. 

I fear that what happens with our best players might happen to our manager. 

If he keeps us up I wouldn’t begrudge him moving on to a bigger and better job because he’d be a miracle worker!  Hope the miracle starts to unfold tomorrow night win a win against Rotherham.

Guest Hornsby

Doubt he'd resign Donny for less than 18 months.

DM 's team and experience relevant for both Championship and Div 1.

16 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Do contract lengths really matter these days 

Hardly any manager ever stays the full length 

Moore will be here til a change is required 

Well no, a 3 year contract or a 4 year contract says nothing

A 3 month contract on the otherhand speaks volumes

Leaving a stable club like Doncaster to come to the chaos that is S6...

You'd think there had to be a decent contract on the table.

To leave a secure and solid role to come here for a 14 game window would surely be too much of a gamble for a sane man?

You'd think so anyway.

But who knows.

I've seen a procession of women in lifetime who have been warned away from a bad boy... but  all have waded in thinking they can be the one to turn them around and tame them.

Perhaps the lure of Wednesday, even one a pap deal is too much for some to resist. 

• Like 1

What if things go from bad to worse...rest of season we pick up 6 points or something similar...

Then....the daft tw@t has given him a 2yr contract...

Or we get 30pts plus and he gets poached by fulham..newcastle etc...

The daft tw@t only gave him a 3 month contract..so he goes for FA.

So again , why didn't Chansiri give Paul Cook a longer contract than was rumoured? Maybe it's because he's now more desperate than he was when he first sacked Pulis 

• Like 1

Might not be telling fans the length of the contract so if he decides to sack him after a few months fans can't complain about how much it costs to sack him. 

Who knows what goes on inside DC's head? The man's a mystery!

Listen to yourselves .. your so consumed by hatred of the owner you don’t realise what you sound like.

Your criticising him for not telling you, and criticising him for if it’s short, medium or a long term contract. Take a chill pill from the conspiracy train ride  for your own sakes