Playing out from the back

8 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

It’s hard to say as the youngsters that both Moore and Smith worked with are the ones who will be propping up our team next season after our relegation.

He had taken Rayan Tulloch to Doncaster - he’s a tricky wide player who can play at the side of front three or drop a bit deeper behind a front man. Unfortunately he got injured.

Kyle Edwards (approaching the end of his contract) and Rekheem Harper are others to watch for. Moore had just started integrating Edwards into the team prior to his sacking.

In the event that the Owls are relegated then the likes of Jamie Soule, Callum Morton (scored shed loads for Northampton in his brief stint with them), Owen Windsor (forward) and Finn Azaz (ball playing midfielder) will all need moves into league 1 as it’s the next stage of their progression. 

Im sure the club would be mind to help Moore as we are with Appleton.

Forget about them young lads are no good to us. Got any 30 odd year olds looking for a last contract?

• Haha 1

Recipe for disaster with these players,dont allegedly have the skill level or the bottle to do it,Jos failed with it here when he tried it,and with these players DM will too.Nailed on.

I just hope he doesnt keep any.

15 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Is Darren Moore going to go with the same approach as the Doncaster tactics?

Do we have the players to do this? Tom Lees looks scared with the ball at his feet.

Nothing would surprise me anymore.  The thought of it makes me laugh at this point.

With the 'High Press' this style of football is easy to defend against IF you have the right players ?.

If he wants to play out from the back it's going to quickly backfire if he pairs Lees and Dunkley, neither can pass the ball.

Hutch and Borner would be the best two to play that way, but I don't think we can afford to drop Tom Lees.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

If he wants to play out from the back it's going to quickly backfire if he pairs Lees and Dunkley, neither can pass the ball.

Hutch and Borner would be the best two to play that way, but I don't think we can afford to drop Tom Lees.

Tom Lees is part of the problem why we've conceded 6 goals in our last 2 games, he just isn't good enough enough anymore.

• Like 1

There’s perhaps too much emphasis on whether or not our centre backs are comfortable on the ball. They only have to be able to pass it 5 yards to Bannan, and it shouldn’t prohibit us from playing through the midfield. 

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

There’s perhaps too much emphasis on whether or not our centre backs are comfortable on the ball. They only have to be able to pass it 5 yards to Bannan, and it shouldn’t prohibit us from playing through the midfield. 

IF we had a midfield, that is.

2 hours ago, s29wfc said:

Tom Lees is part of the problem why we've conceded 6 goals in our last 2 games, he just isn't good enough enough anymore.

Disagree, I think he was playing well.

It's no coincidence that Wildsmith has gone in goal and we are conceding goals.

If you look at the Luton 3rd goal and the screenshot that I posted a couple of days ago, Tom Lees is in position, It's everyone else that are all over the place.

Personally I don't think Dunkley is good enough, Wildsmith isn't good enough, Uroghide looks lost when played on the left of a 3, Hutchinson goes ball chasing, and when we play Harris and Reach as wing backs they don't do the defending part well (or any part well for that matter).

• Like 2

Guest Bulgaria

Passing it out from the back only works when you have team mates prepared to run into space and make themselves available.

We have none.

You only need to watch when we have a throw. I've seen more movement in Hutcliffe Wood Cemetery.