Playing out from the back

48 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Really! I'd say he's our best defender!  Absolutely rapid, strong  don't see many players beat him one on one!  Touch of the des Walkers about him 

Yea I said he’s a decent defender, his pace gets him out of a lot of holes he digs himself. I do like the kid though I think he could be good for us, just wouldn’t like to see us playing out from the back with him and Lees in the side

1 minute ago, Tom22709 said:

Yea I said he’s a decent defender, his pace gets him out of a lot of holes he digs himself. I do like the kid though I think he could be good for us, just wouldn’t like to see us playing out from the back with him and Lees in the side

Like I say see no problems with him. But Lees is an absolute car crash 

• Like 2

Just now, Tom22709 said:

If we stay up, I’d be happy for him to understudy Iorfa, and bring him through gradually. If we drop down to the First, then I’d imagine Iorfa will be sold, so he may be a regular starter Either way, we need to get him signed up

50 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

He has been playing out of position on the left for Christ sake , cut the kid some slack before trying to destroy him 

Like I said he’s been thrown in at the deep end, saying a 19 year old isn’t ready for a championship relegation scrap isn’t destroying them mate, playing him week in week out in a championship relegation scrap where he can’t afford to make any mistakes could however

1 minute ago, beswetherick said:

Hutch and Borner are our best passers of the ball at centre half. If we’re going to play out from the back in a 4-2-3-1 then one or both of them has to play

Yup.

But can u drop out best "stopper" in Tom Lees at this point in the season.

To attempt to change mentality and tactics now would be stupid.

Just make subtle changes, boost confidence and put round pegs in round holes.

Thats what is required until the end of the season. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

He has been playing out of position on the left for Christ sake , cut the kid some slack before trying to destroy him 

If we don't get him tied down to a contract it will be almost as criminal as letting Shaw go to Celtic. He makes some mistakes but more experienced centre backs also make mistakes. It goes with the position. He is quick and strong so if he learns and gets experience he will be a very solid Championship player. The only reason I'd be taking him out of the team at the moment is to rest him (if needed) and to not overload him as a young player. He has more than paid his way so far.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tom22709 said:

Like I said he’s been thrown in at the deep end, saying a 19 year old isn’t ready for a championship relegation scrap isn’t destroying them mate, playing him week in week out in a championship relegation scrap where he can’t afford to make any mistakes could however

That's a fair point echoing what I just said about resting him, if needed, and not overloading him.

4 minutes ago, Tom22709 said:

You have just stated that he was the worst footballer in the league with the ball at his feet? 
Stupid comment 

Building up slowly from the back, suits our pace less & height less forwards, but scares our defenders 

Thats why I don't mind Bannan playing deep

I've seen a lot of Chuckle Brother ball in the Prem this season. Sometimes common sense isn't applied to it though 

43 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

My only slight concern regarding this positive appointment...

Is that I've heard a few Rovers supporters this season on the radio saying it can be frustrating how slowly they play out from the back.  Patient , patient stuff. 

Of course,  no one wants to see us being a big boot route one side. 

Or in our particular version of it - route zero.1 

I hope Moore keeps to a good footballing style which he favours. 

But;  I hope it's at a decent tempo and not the million butter passes along the back line stuff we came accustomed to at the end of Carvalhals tenure and into Luhukays time. And indeed Monks. Though he did add the flavour of....pass, pass, pass, pass, big hoof.

Moore has talked of attacking intent and front foot football. Which does warm the heart. 

But then, so did Monk and even Pulis. Which was quite a remarkable claim. 

I hope Moore sticks to this... I'm sure we'll soon find out.

Fingers crossed.

Imo we really don't have the players/skill to pass from the back unless bazza plays centre half, seriously any team pressing us and we would panic big style, midfield is our achiles heel we just can't get it right. 

44 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Seriously yer highness???

In this time of lightheartedness..Covid receding...A brand new Wednesday manager..You have found the time to trawl through stats to find a f.ookin' drawback!!!

Honest Snoots....Is the mansion  roof leakin' again?

Forewarned is forearmed. 

Something I hope you remember before you allow Urhoghide to leave on a free transfer by not reminding the club you want him to stay. 

Been watching a few Doncaster highlights over the last few hours 

I get the impression 

Moore is a mould of pulis and monkball

Exciting stuff 

6 minutes ago, debram said:

Imo we really don't have the players/skill to pass from the back unless bazza plays centre half, seriously any team pressing us and we would panic big style, midfield is our achiles heel we just can't get it right. 

Shouldn't be too much a problem. He's spent much of the last 4 years on the centre backs toes. He'll only have to drop back an inch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, camffiti said:

Building up slowly from the back, suits our pace less & height less forwards, but scares our defenders 

Thats why I don't mind Bannan playing deep

I've seen a lot of Chuckle Brother ball in the Prem this season. Sometimes common sense isn't applied to it though 

A reasonable conclusion, and I agree. In fact, it’s hard to fathom the logic behind us playing the long ball game. Our strength, when they’re all fit, is our midfield, Bannan, Brown, Luongo, even Shaw. 
What does it achieve? Well we get the ball up to the strikers quickly, thus giving them more opportunity to get in behind. That’s not worked too well, we are the lowest scorers in the league. It also means we have little control of games, with the ball often coming straight back at us. Looking at the forwards we have, they all look to favour the ball in to feet

• Like 1