Playing out from the back

My only slight concern regarding this positive appointment...

Is that I've heard a few Rovers supporters this season on the radio saying it can be frustrating how slowly they play out from the back.  Patient , patient stuff. 

Of course,  no one wants to see us being a big boot route one side. 

Or in our particular version of it - route zero.1 

I hope Moore keeps to a good footballing style which he favours. 

But;  I hope it's at a decent tempo and not the million butter passes along the back line stuff we came accustomed to at the end of Carvalhals tenure and into Luhukays time. And indeed Monks. Though he did add the flavour of....pass, pass, pass, pass, big hoof.

Moore has talked of attacking intent and front foot football. Which does warm the heart. 

But then, so did Monk and even Pulis. Which was quite a remarkable claim. 

I hope Moore sticks to this... I'm sure we'll soon find out.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 4

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Is that I've heard a few Rovers supporters this season on the radio saying it can be frustrating how slowly they play out from the back.  Patient , patient stuff. 

But;  I hope it's at a decent tempo and not the million butter passes along the back line stuff we came accustomed to at the end of Carvalhals tenure and into Luhukays time. And indeed Monks. Though he did add the flavour of....pass, pass, pass, pass, big hoof.

Moore has talked of attacking intent and front foot football. Which does warm the heart. 

Fingers crossed.

Seriously yer highness???

In this time of lightheartedness..Covid receding...A brand new Wednesday manager..You have found the time to trawl through stats to find a f.ookin' drawback!!!

Honest Snoots....Is the mansion  roof leakin' again?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Fingers crossed.

We haven't got the players to play out from the back if we do we'll be in big trouble 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tom22709 said:

If he wants us to play out from the back I think he’ll have to rethink his tactics after about 5 minutes, Lees and Uhroghide are literally the worst footballers in the league with ball at feet

Tom Lees is, not sure about Uhroghide in fact only criticism I have of him is he tries to over play in tight situations rather than just get rid sometimes 

• Like 3

Just now, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Tom Lees is, not sure about Uhroghide in fact only criticism I have of him is he tries to over play in tight situations rather than just get rid sometimes 

Caught him out a couple of times that...Did the job he was there for and tried to sorta "guild the Lily"

• Like 1

Every professional footballer should be able to play out from the back. It's passing the the ball and controlling it ffs. If we have the movement and players wanting the ball in front of the defence instead of standing there like statues then it's easily do able.. Well it should be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Yea he overplays because he can’t make quick, simple decisions, he’s not a bad defender and tbf he’s been thrown in the deep end this season but anyone with eyes can see the kid ain’t ready at this level. And if playing out from the back is gonna be the new norm Osaze should be back in the 23s working on his technique

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Fingers crossed.

We tried playing out from the back under Monk....was embarrassing...

• Like 2

Just now, Tom22709 said:

Yea he overplays because he can’t make quick, simple decisions, he’s not a bad defender and tbf he’s been thrown in the deep end this season but anyone with eyes can see the kid ain’t ready at this level. And if playing out from the back is gonna be the new norm Osaze should be back in the 23s working on his technique

Really! I'd say he's our best defender!  Absolutely rapid, strong  don't see many players beat him one on one!  Touch of the des Walkers about him 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, brando said:

We tried playing out from the back under Monk....was embarrassing...

True. A litter bit Bit of terrified,  panic inducing, under hit , slow-mo,  hospital balling, followed by the aimless punt generally somewhere down the other end of the pitch front the keeper.

But who knows. Perhaps if Moore can get them to also look, move, control the ball as well.... then it could work.

• Haha 1

Anything other the hoofball DC seems to favour, will do me. I thought first half at Luton we showed that we could actually play. In fact, had not points been so crucial, I think we’d have been less critical in our comments over that display. The fact that we put on a display of controlled attacking football in that first half, was understandably overshadowed by the second half collapse 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tom22709 said:

He has been playing out of position on the left for Christ sake , cut the kid some slack before trying to destroy him 

• Like 3