One for our more mature readers - can you name this Sheffield Wednesday player?

18 hours ago, Elderly Owl said:

John Hickton was a little after big Keith but you’re right Dobbo! Ellis was awkward but he couldn’t half head a ball!

I’m going off for a little cry in the corner...

Keith Ellis worked for my grandad at Edgar Allans. He was a trainee draughtsman and part timer at Wednesday, when players were advised to have a trade to fall back on if they didn't make it. I went in and met him in the summer of 57, just before i started at grammar school. I left my new autograph book with him and it came back with all the Owls names plus several other teams which visited Hillsboro. By 59 he'd broken into the first team and gone fulltime. I've still got a nice SWFC Christmas card which he sent to my grandad. 

• Like 2

Just now, Buckwheat said:

21 goals in 37 appearances. Not a bad ratio. Found this interesting wiki site great for geeks like me :-

It's under the title "List of Sheffield Wednesday F.C. players - Wikipedia"

record like that these days and he'd go for around 15 million  to a top flight club ......he went to little  bury for 8k ...

54 minutes ago, Jackie Sewell said:

Keith Ellis worked for my grandad at Edgar Allans. He was a trainee draughtsman and part timer at Wednesday, when players were advised to have a trade to fall back on if they didn't make it. I went in and met him in the summer of 57, just before i started at grammar school. I left my new autograph book with him and it came back with all the Owls names plus several other teams which visited Hillsboro. By 59 he'd broken into the first team and gone fulltime. I've still got a nice SWFC Christmas card which he sent to my grandad. 

My Dad worked at Edgar Allans too! We’re not brothers are we?

6 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Billy Griffin used to score loads of goals for the reserves. We won the Central League in 1960-61. 

I was surprised we let him go cheaply to Bury.  £8000 apparently. 

But when you think Liverpool paid £37,500 for Ian St John ( RIP Saint- absolute class)..

18 hours ago, Jackie Sewell said:

Broke into the first team at 59. Wow!!!! 

Slightly unfortunate that we lost that Everton match 4-2, but I did enjoy being reminded of Don Megson's trademark last ditch tackle - otherwise known as putting the ball and the man into the nearest stand!  I liked the Finney dribbles too.