Jump to content

So, what is the problem with our accounts?


Recommended Posts

Guest mkowl
21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

Then how come the club is getting fined for not publishing the accounts?

They will, the fine only gets invoiced when the accounts have been submitted. 

 

PS If the auditors had changed it would be reported on Companies House that they had resigned and there were either no matters to report or said matters are stated.

 

So if you are forced out because you wouldn't say yes then it would / should be reported, especially as they are so late

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest mkowl
9 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Why would they ALWAYS accept a "non legally binding" agreement?..He could change his mind tomorrow

They can't just accept that as adequate evidence. They need other evidence such as business plans, that there are sufficient funds available.

 

But ultimately you can't force the owner to do this 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

 

It's not the wrong year for them to sign us off as a viable business going forward.

It'd be the first time in a generation that Wednesday would be ahead of the curve, the time we declare we are insolvent before we really are.

 

In Chansiri we trust.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mkowl said:

They can't just accept that as adequate evidence. They need other evidence such as business plans, that there are sufficient funds available.

 

But ultimately you can't force the owner to do this 

Crikey....Good job they don't look back at how the "business plan" has been goin' in the past!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Manwë said:

It'd be the first time in a generation that Wednesday would be ahead of the curve, the time we declare we are insolvent before we really are.

 

In Chansiri we trust.

 

The accounts have to be signed off in this way every year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

You’ve lost me.

Yea well it gets rather complicated..Other  accountants will get it mate....no worries....

See you have yer ledger....and on one side you put what comes in...wiv a black err...Quill and the outgoings on the other side of the ledger wiv...a red Quill...You then add up the incomings ...and the outgoings...Or as us accountants say "Black quilly ...Red Quilly"...Then using simple mathematical nous...You can see if you are making money or losing money...

Now if for instance Red quilly is more than black quilly ...You sell yer football ground...and move the money over to "black quilly "...

So ipso facto...Black Quilly is now beating Red Quilly..THe accountants will ewventually notice that actually "Red quilly is absolutely f.ookin' "Black quilly...up the 'arris wiv what we call "Really big Quilly"

You then say 

"Phuket" and order a D-Taxi

 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

 

The accounts have to be signed off in this way every year.

Sorry I'm just taking the ******** out of Wednesday, not you.

 

You're probably right.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Manwë said:

Sorry I'm just taking the ******** out of Wednesday, not you.

 

You're probably right.

Don't worry about it mate...When us accountants get together we can be insufferable at times....

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Why would they ALWAYS accept a "non legally binding" agreement?..He could change his mind tomorrow

You’re the accountant aren’t you?

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mcguigan said:

You’re the accountant aren’t you?

Yes...Yes I am

Remember the Bank manager who kept giving us cash before we went into bankruptcy court....?..pre Mandaric?

Well that was me...I had to leave me post eventually

So I took an accountancy course on the Open University

Wednesday contacted me after I got a diploma written in crayon by a Nigerian miner..askin' if I would do their accounts on err..account of helping them in the past...I agreed...cos of..well WAWAW..ain't it' yknow...WAWAW....?

So when we sold the ground back to ourselves...I signed it off cos of WAWAW

W.eak

A..ccountancy

W..hat

W...assock

 

 

ltd

 

It looks like comin' back to bite me on the ar *e again!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Yes...Yes I am

Remember the Bank manager who kept giving us cash before we went into bankruptcy court....?..pre Mandaric?

Well that was me...I had to leave me post eventually

So I took an accountancy course on the Open University

Wednesday contacted me after I got a diploma written in crayon by a Nigerian miner..askin' if I would do their accounts on err..account of helping them in the past...I agreed...cos of..well WAWAW..ain't it' yknow...WAWAW....?

So when we sold the ground back to ourselves...I signed it off cos of WAWAW

W.eak

A..ccountancy

W..hat

W...assock

 

 

ltd

 

It looks like comin' back to bite me on the ar *e again!

 

When you get constipation do you work it out with a pencil?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

“I said in the last interview that we were going to submit soon,” Chansiri said. “I’m very sorry to say that because we realised after that we had a little issue, so we needed to take a little bit longer.

 

“I expect if there is nothing wrong, and it is out of my hands, maybe we can submit this week or next week.”

 

“We don’t have any issue with the accounts, but we have something a little bit that we need to solve.

“There is nothing wrong with the accounts, it’s going to be fine.”

Well, I don’t know about you....but I’m totally confident they will be ok after that reassuring statement.😱

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

with the ground sale being confirmed in both the accounts and presumably in season 18/19, I can't see we'd breach FFP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Animis said:

with the ground sale being confirmed in both the accounts and presumably in season 18/19, I can't see we'd breach FFP.

Can we  also confirm ..The ground sale was only added the once lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mkowl said:

They will, the fine only gets invoiced when the accounts have been submitted. 

 

PS If the auditors had changed it would be reported on Companies House that they had resigned and there were either no matters to report or said matters are stated.

 

So if you are forced out because you wouldn't say yes then it would / should be reported, especially as they are so late

Is there still a requirement to file an auditor resignation at Co. House? I thought that this requirement had been removed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Is there still a requirement to file an auditor resignation at Co. House? I thought that this requirement had been removed.

 

Think it's only if the outgoing auditor thinks there are problems that need identifying.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

 

Think it's only if the outgoing auditor thinks there are problems that need identifying.

And only to the Company and their own regulator - presumably the ICAEW - neither of which would be likely to publicise the fact.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest mkowl
14 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Is there still a requirement to file an auditor resignation at Co. House? I thought that this requirement had been removed.

 

Tbh whatever I did seemed to be wrong when I gave up audit work !

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...