Sheffield wednesday players wearing flares

6 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I had one of the wool jumpers in Navy. Thought it was great we could get the clobber players were wearing in the club shop 😄

Me an’ all... Christmas present I think...it didn’t go down well in London when I moved darn Sarf!😜

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Not flares, but a different fashion faux pas from our illustrious owner’s past...

9E0F3E6F-ECC8-4CE3-A9B5-570B9F500180.jpeg

Jesus H Christ! How to spoil a photo of a VW Golf. Sock to short gap bordering on illegal....unless a member of Village People🧐

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Comeonwednesday said:

Never mind the flares look at the tie’s.

John Holsgrove’s is a pearler.

Taken April 1975.

image.png

Who is Holsgrove with? Is it Jeff Johnson? Reyt lapels on him whoever he is. I note with interest how the little lad in the picture has totally ignored the two “soccer superstars” Speaks volumes ! And what shiny shoes they’ve all got! Hard to believe we all used to walk around dressed like these two in our Sunday best.😉

On 01/03/2021 at 22:42, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Maybe there should be another thread for 70s Owls in flares with musicians? 

Here's John Holsgrove with the Barron Knights.

El7wT16XEAAp1FV.jpeg

That dainty upturned wrist of Holsgrove’s whenever he cleared or passed the ball is what I’ll always remember of his time at Hillsborough!🙄 How he ever became a footballer let alone our captain is just beyond belief...should have stuck with his guitar playing.

7 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Who is Holsgrove with? Is it Jeff Johnson? Reyt lapels on him whoever he is. I note with interest how the little lad in the picture has totally ignored the two “soccer superstars” Speaks volumes ! And what shiny shoes they’ve all got! Hard to believe we all used to walk around dressed like these two in our Sunday best.😉

Not my picture that one, but I think it's Colin Harvey?