The only change Moore can make

Guest Theboylangers
6 hours ago, alanharper said:

He didn't look at all good, and we lost 7-0 

Minor details.

FFS, people always have to concentrate on the negatives.

:duntmatter:

I thought Thompson might have considered that Saturday.

Luongo injured, Bashiru injured, Shaw suspended and Hutchinson clearly knackered second half.It could have been a time to try it. The fact that Thompson, who knows this squad inside out, didn’t do it speaks volumes.

22 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Yep a table that shows Pelupessy as our best player. Exactly why the phrase ‘lies, damn lies and statistics’ exists!

It doesn’t say he’s our best player it says he retains the ball better than our other players. A strange statistic considering you’ve only ever seen him give the ball away. 

33 minutes ago, 83owl said:

It doesn’t say he’s our best player it says he retains the ball better than our other players. A strange statistic considering you’ve only ever seen him give the ball away. 

Are you seriously saying Joey Pelupessy retains the ball better than our other players? This is what you’ve taken you time and effort to tell me? I don’t have a problem with the lad. He tries as hard as he can with the skills god gabe him. But, haven’t seen a player who is more scared to be on the ball than Pelupessy! He passes it, backwards, sideways or to the opposition. Or often into touch. I watch games and make my mind up about players. If you want to read stats to make your mind up be my guest. But I’m telling you if you go around telling people that Pelupessy is great with the ball and then show them your stats to prove it your going to get laughed at!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Yep a table that shows Pelupessy as our best player. Exactly why the phrase ‘lies, damn lies and statistics’ exists!

Yeah, but sometimes they do tell an accurate tale, like with Green being our second best player

Guest Therealrealist
4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Moving Liam Palmer to the transfer list would be a positive move 

💯....how he constantly gets away with joggin back when he’s out of position and the other team are attacking I will never know

12 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Are you seriously saying Joey Pelupessy retains the ball better than our other players? 

That is exactly what the stat says yeah.

He finds a team mate with the ball more often than anyone else. 

Granted his passes are safer ones then most of his team mates so that may explain the high percentage a bit more.

51 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

That is exactly what the stat says yeah.

He finds a team mate with the ball more often than anyone else. 

Granted his passes are safer ones then most of his team mates so that may explain the high percentage a bit more.

Brilliant. Let’s see what he sells for in the close season as our most successful passer of the ball!

This kind of debate is why stats (which of course have a place and tell us something) are no replacement for watching what a player actually does of use with the football! Player passes it to you and you pass it back, tick, successful pass, you pass to the keeper, tick, you pass one meter to a player who passes it back to you, tick, tick, you pass it backwards when your teams on the attack and screaming for a forward pass, tick. You pass it forwards to the opposition player who starts an attack, no tick but it’s only one fail in a sea of success! The fact all you successful passes did nothing or put your team under more pressure but you also gifted the game to the opposition doesn’t show in the stats! 

35 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Brilliant. Let’s see what he sells for in the close season as our most successful passer of the ball!

This kind of debate is why stats (which of course have a place and tell us something) are no replacement for watching what a player actually does of use with the football! Player passes it to you and you pass it back, tick, successful pass, you pass to the keeper, tick, you pass one meter to a player who passes it back to you, tick, tick, you pass it backwards when your teams on the attack and screaming for a forward pass, tick. You pass it forwards to the opposition player who starts an attack, no tick but it’s only one fail in a sea of success! The fact all you successful passes did nothing or put your team under more pressure but you also gifted the game to the opposition doesn’t show in the stats! 

It doesn't paint the whole picture no. 

But it does show that the worse part of Pelupessy's game isn't actually as bad as people think. It's not exactly like Pelupessy sees an enormous amount of the ball is it. 

Truth is we have actually missed him in these last four games we have lost. We have less gaps in our midfield when he is in it. He does the discipline job in there better than anyone we got.

He needs to start tonight. I fear the worst if we go Shaw, Bannan and Brown, which we might.

19 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

It doesn't paint the whole picture no. 

But it does show that the worse part of Pelupessy's game isn't actually as bad as people think. It's not exactly like Pelupessy sees an enormous amount of the ball is it. 

Truth is we have actually missed him in these last four games we have lost. We have less gaps in our midfield when he is in it. He does the discipline job in there better than anyone we got.

He needs to start tonight. I fear the worst if we go Shaw, Bannan and Brown, which we might.

I don’t even dislike him as a player. The argument as you’ve made it makes sense. But he is what he is. He’s not creative. That’s not his job. It just makes me annoyed when I see him get the ball and do nothing with it of value and then get told he’s great at retaining the ball! Anyway, I can’t believe I’ve done this much posting about something which actually right at the beginning was a joke made to another poster who says he can’t pass. I said I’ve seen him pass it to the opposing team plenty of times! Just an cheap joke made at night. 
No wonder my Mrs has told me I should stop coming on Owlstalk!

I think she’s right. 🙁

• Thanks 1