The only change Moore can make

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If Moore wants to build from the back he probably won't be picking Pelupessy. If he doesn't he will.

Thing is we are always being overrun in the last 15 so bringing Joey on gives us that energy that we lack

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

nil nil at half time with Palmer in midfield if memory serves then it all went to pot with a red card as usual.

When the red card came, we were 3 down and had just conceded a penalty.

Palmer wasn't even very good in midfield when he was young and energetic. In League One. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Moving Liam Palmer back to CM. 

We need his engine, he'll cover more ground than Hutchinson, who has been asked to do alot since he returned. 

Obviously would be ideal to have Odubajo back, to provide competition for the full back area.

If we need to find answers within the squad, Liam Palmer possibly has the versatility to help.

This is why I love this forum.

Perfect clickbait title for the most out there take of 2021 so far. 

Edited by Lionel Fessi
  • Like 1

There was a reason Palmer was converted from midfield to right back. If he'd continued as a midfielder he would have been released years ago & would probably be playing in League 2 now.

• Like 4

I really hope Moore keeps it simple and doesn't tinker.

Palmer is a defender now and needs to stay there.

Hutchinson needs to go back into the back line where he was playing well.

Harris must never play on the left.

Reach must never play on the right.

Jordan Rhodes can't play up front on his own.

If he's going to play 4231, he's going to have to totally change the mindset of the players and push the defenders much further up the pitch so the midfield can support the lone striker. 

• Like 3

Seriously, I hope Darren Moore's appointment is a long term one. To be honest we're down already, it's too late to save us from going down, after all our issues on and off the pitch. It would be good to see us finally having a long term forward thinking plan, playing more youngsters and playing more attack minded football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

Moving Liam Palmer back to CM. 

We need his engine, he'll cover more ground than Hutchinson, who has been asked to do alot since he returned. 

Obviously would be ideal to have Odubajo back, to provide competition for the full back area.

If we need to find answers within the squad, Liam Palmer possibly has the versatility to help.

Mate you are treading on very dangerous ground here if you even hint at Hutchinson not being good enough as a central midfield player 😉. I agree totally that he is not, never was and never will be the answer to anyone's defensive, or central midfield issues, unless of course that person is a pig fan wishing for us to go down in a guaranteed fashion (their agent Hutchinson).

Unfortunately, Palmer ended up being tried out at fullback because he was not much good going forward, or as a box to box midfielder. When Palmer came back from his season long loan, he did look a lot better and won player of the year for us across the board, but since then he has just done enough to keep getting his contract renewed, although recently he has stepped it up a little. 

It might be worth trying Palmer there and putting Hutchinson back into a defensive position and telling him to stay there. If DC has signed some stupid deal that Hutchinson must play as many games as possible, or whatever, so that he can re-sign next season then it has got to be worth a try, but if it does not work out we need to get somebody else in there and the options then are Pelupessy, Hunt, or Shaw (while Luongo is out, which has always been more often than not unfortunately). The only problem then is if he insists on trying to do more than he should and starts stepping on Tom Lees' toes, because Tom has been by far and away our best player so far this season and I would not upset the defence further just to shoehorn Hutchinson in to the team. Hutchinson looked ok in defence, nothing more, he has then had partly good, partly mediocre, but mainly awful performances in midfield and that can easily be stopped by playing any one of Shaw, Pelupessy, or Hunt in there, because they have all played better than Hutchinson has in that position at some stage of the season.

If we do that and only play Reach on the left, I would be happier than I am right now, although I also think that Paterson looks better on the right side of midfield/attack, but otherwise despite all his hard work, I am not too confident when we start with him up front either. We have a lot of very weak areas right now and sometimes a coach or manager can help paper over those cracks by playing to a certain style rather than relying on individuals. Quite how he can come up with a style that gets us scoring more goals is going to be difficult when Reach is always played out of position, Bannan has no back up in midfield when Hutchinson plays and our only real goalscorer seems to ne chronically short of service, confidence, time on the pitch and goals.   

Hutchinson could do a half decent job as a right sided centre half in a back three, if only he could stick to the job he is supposed to do, without trying to overlapp into Tom lees

• Like 1
  • Haha 1