Sheffield Wednesday 2pm Press Conference - All updates here

Not sure about Moore.

I always liked him but his last five games at Doncaster were, dare I say it, Monkish?

No opportunity to bring any players in either, he’s got his work cut out that’s for sure. Yet he has to be an improvement from Thompson. That second half was the final straw, pathetic. He won’t put up with that.

Good luck Darren.

• Thanks 1

DM on the academy

It is really important. There is a pathway into the first-team for any young, aspiring player. I have always made that clear in terms of the jobs I have done over the years.

I believe in giving youth the opportunity and improving the experienced players.

It's really key to me in terms of working and it is going to be no different for me working for this club.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

DC on Darren Moore

We had a lot of CVs and we looked outside abroad and in the UK, a good coach to fit to our situation.

We interviewed some and Darren is the best choice. He is ambitious and he has a good mentality. He is straightforward, we also had some laughing in the conversation!

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

DM on Jordan Rhodes

Jordan is a good striker who can finish, we don’t doubt that. But there is plenty more football left in him.

He’s another player I’m really looking forward to working with. He’s a wonderful talent, a goalscorer who knows where the back of the net is.

It’s about unlocking and giving them that platform to show his potential.

where has Moore worked with Rhodes before? 

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

PRESS CONFERENCE ENDS

What do you make of it?

Thanks for the live updates mate. 

I enjoyed what Moore said, just wish Chansiri had kept his gob shut. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Manager wise as opening press conferences go that's one of the best we've had in a long time in my opinion, he portrayed a freshness and a genuine excitement about the job i think  that comes with a manager on the up and feels like he's been head hunted for the job rather than being out of work and chasing it 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Really not the point.

It’s about managing your assets and making sure things like this don’t happen.

Awful predictable response from chairman. Fan blaming rather than getting his house in order and running us like a professional outfit

THIS

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

PRESS CONFERENCE ENDS

What do you make of it?

Was going ok for me until Chansiri blamed me for not noticing a f.ookin' player who I had never seen play...but then again his advisors sign players they have never seen play...So i suppose its all "Wonderful"

• Like 6

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

PRESS CONFERENCE ENDS

What do you make of it?

great job thanks   -   but I feel if you heard one you've heard most doesn't stop me wanting to hear it though for 2 days we can have some optimism 

• Like 1