Sheffield Wednesday 2pm Press Conference - All updates here

More on his departure from Rovers

I gave my full support and backing to the football club. I worked extremely hard to see the club in the right direction. I am pleased with where they are at right now. I wish the club every ounce of success this season. I hope in their hearts they understand.

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

DM on how it came about

The chairman identified me as a candidate to take the club forward. When the opportunity came I didn’t hesitate. It’s an excellent club steeped in huge tradition. The opportunity was too much to resist.

I didn’t hesitate.

It was an approach. I get my head down and do what I do on a day to day basis. It’s wonderful to have my work recognised by a club of this stature. I want to work hard and give the club every ounce and inch or myself in terms of getting things going.

Sack him. He hasn’t said we are massive 😀😀

• Haha 3

DM on the relegation scrap

I deal with the facts. Where we are now is we have a really important game on Wednesday night.

We have got 14 games left in the Championship.

We have to focus and keep our intention on where we are at this season.

I want to be part of a unique team here and to build and make things better.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

DC on Liam Shaw

I thought he would go to Celtic because of the agent who talked to Celtic.

When he had a chance to play for the first team, he did quite well and we tried to keep him. We spoke for a long time and he asked to wait, we know this was to wait for another club.

My people tell me the fans criticise for not signing him. They didn’t talk in the summer.

The agent told us to wait and wait. We know why.

Have his "people" told him that many fans want him to leave?

• Like 4

Moore on the hard work ahead

I know there is work ahead. It's not easy but sometimes the roles and opportunities come along because the situation has not been easy.

I am looking forward to the challenge. I know it is a tough challenge ahead. I know the hard work is all ahead of us but we have to start from somewhere.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

DM on relegation scrap

I’m ultra-competitive. I have a belief within that you can do these things and that we can do these things.

I know there is work ahead. It’s not easy by any stretch. The hard work is ahead of us, but we have to start from somewhere, today can be that.

It’s the biggest challenge because it’s the net challenge. What’s gone is gone, it’s done. We have to try and build and progress. It’s a big challenge and it’s the next challenge.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Hang on................

Did DC really just say there was an issue with the accounts and then there wasn't an issue with the accounts? 

If he doesn't know, who does? 

I really want to believe and trust in you Dejphon, but you do make things exceptionally hard for yourself old son.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

DM on injuries

We’ve got some players on the treatment table which obviously doesn’t help things, our first port of call is to get their full fitness back.

They lend their support from there! What we focus on is what we have available and to get the squad prepped for a tough week. I came in today and we worked with the squad and to work with them.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

He'll do for me. He hasn't said 'football club', 'this football club' or 'the football club' once.

Obviously realises we aren't thick or American.

Glad someone else said that. Does my head in. We all know it’s a football club lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

DM on youngsters

My message to the young players is that there is a pathway. I’ve always had that there, because I believe in giving youth a chance and an opportunity to improve, as well as the more experienced players. The two do work in terms of nurturing and developing that.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop