Sheffield Wednesday 2pm Press Conference - All updates here

Chansiri on the Liam Shaw situation

"I thought he was going to go to Celtic because of the agent talking to Celtic..

"When he had a chance to play for the first team, he did quite well and we tried to keep him.

"We talked to them a long time but they asked to wait

"I heard from my people, some fans say why didn't we try to sign him last year or before. I believe no-one talked about him last summer. Just tried to talk about him when he is in the first XI and doing okay.

"We tried to extend the contract but the agent asked to wait and wait. We knew something was wrong, it's normal in football.

"It doesn't mean Celtic looked after him a long time."

• Haha 7

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri on the Liam Shaw situation

"I thought he was going to go to Celtic because of the agent talking to Celtic..

"When he had a chance to play for the first team, he did quite well and we tried to keep him.

"We talked to them a long time but they asked to wait

"I heard from my people, some fans say why didn't we try to sign him last year or before. I believe no-one talked about him last summer. Just tried to talk about him when he is in the first XI and doing okay.

"We tried to extend the contract but the agent asked to wait and wait. We knew something was wrong, it's normal in football.

"It doesn't mean Celtic looked after him a long time."

Ah, it's the fans fault again 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ante's Bubbly said:

Yes, DC's lies never end do they? Even in the press brief he says he wants him long term and will back him to the hilt, but in reality only offers Darren Moore a short term contract and will not ask him which players he wants until the clubs, sorry, I meant DC and Paixo's advisors, are about to sign somebody that none of the football coaching staff have asked or even want!

So pay Doncaster 100,000 for a rolling short term contract ?

I know he's a mad man but not that mad surely ?

• Like 1

DM on length of stay

I deal with the facts. Let’s look at it now, let’s not look at anything longer. We have a game on Wednesday night to look forward to, 14 games to approach one at a time. Anything else after that will take care of itself.

Of course I want to build a project. The record in terms of building teams and a structure at a football club, you join to make them better and that’s ultimately want I want to do here.

Some things are not done overnight, you have to start somewhere.

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri asked when he decided to appoint Moore

"As I mentioned in the past, we look outside (abroad and in the UK) for who is a good coach to fit our situation.

"I think he's ambitious, he has a good mentality.

"When I had a chat with him I think he is straightforward and we also have some laughing during the conversation."

seriously.gif.71c7691b5318efc44789fb9d594cedbf.gif

• Haha 8

DC on Liam Shaw

I thought he would go to Celtic because of the agent who talked to Celtic.

When he had a chance to play for the first team, he did quite well and we tried to keep him. We spoke for a long time and he asked to wait, we know this was to wait for another club.

My people tell me the fans criticise for not signing him. They didn’t talk in the summer.

The agent told us to wait and wait. We know why.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

we also have some laughing 

lol

Reminds me of the David Icke interview with Wogan, with old Terry pointing out to David "they are no laughing with you-they are laughing at you!" lol

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

DM on message to Donny fans

I hope my character as a man, I hope that in terms of the upset, it’s because of what we did at the football club. In terms of the heart and being a former player, I gave my full support and backing to the club. I worked extremely hard to see the club in the right direction.

I’m pleased with their appointment and I wish the club and players every ounce of success going forward. I hope in their hearts they understand.

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop