46 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Maybe Moore will choose to handle our defending first.  

Not as if he's never had to defend before I'm sure that's a given 

Just now, A12owl said:

Do you remember how long it took for us to get a Monk emoji. You and me were at the forefront at the time. I think Neil managed a Pulis one before he left. 

Can we have a Moore emoji today please Neil. Give the man a huge welcome. 

🥰

@@owlstalk

Can you sort it Neil? 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 10.26.33.jpg

I love this photo of the big man

The moment he got the job?

12 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I like this one. 

Screenshot_20210301_131225.jpg

That one needs to have a transparent background rather than white otherwise it looks odd in dark mode. Here we go. Not great but I'm in a rush, sorry:

moore2.png.892530a9d0309f4e4ace1d3f77509b7a.png

Out of all the names mentioned when the betting market was open, I felt Darren Moore would be a good choice. He’s more than held his own at West Brom and Doncaster. It’ll be tough here but I think he’s got a decent chance of succeeding regardless how the rest of this season pans out.

I think this appointment signals a change of philosophy for us. I think we’ll genuinely get the young hungry players that a lot of us want to see now. Deep down I think a change in how we’ve operated in the past with regards to how we recruit and how we go about our business is about to change?

• Like 1

Dear Darren,

You have just committed yourself to probably one of the toughest jobs in the Championship at the moment. I, along with many others on here, am delighted to welcome you and wish you every piece of good luck that you will require  If you can restore a sense of pride in our brilliant club (in spite of the obvious backroom problems) then you will have succeeded.  Unite the fan base and you will have all the support you could wish for. Welcome, welcome, welcome. May good fortune always be with you during your tenure at Hillsborough 

9 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Looks like he won't be coming in to formulate his own opinion. He's getting failed knowledge first hand.

Screenshot_20210301-133830_Instagram.jpg

I like his knuckle duster..

Are they in the club shop?

Thompson had already started the process of becoming more open and attacking. As bad as Saturday turned out we'd had 14 shots in the first half, which under Monk or pulis would've been about four games worth

3 hours ago, Jesus said:

This is the chance to reconnect the fans to the club. I believe the appointment has already injected a bit of fire back into us after a season that seems to have zapped all enthusiasm, hope and pride from the majority of fans.

All I personally ask is that you stick to your attacking football philosophy and don't change that when the pressure of this club hits, like it seems to every other manager. Lets try and attack our way out of this situation. If its not enough to stay up then fair enough but i'd much prefer this than just waiting for teams to score against us every game and a continuation of this pathetic fall out of the league

You need time, we need something to feel proud of. Over to you DM

Welcome and good luck

Well said Jesus. How do you think we'll get on over Easter?

Got a positive feeling about this one.

Moore was always near the top of the list in most people's choices, too, so he'll be popular with the customers.

I also get the drift that he's come from a successful League One club to a basket case Championship side. Why would he do that if he didn't think he could fix things?

The recovery begins NOW!

20 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Looks like he won't be coming in to formulate his own opinion. He's getting failed knowledge first hand.

Screenshot_20210301-133830_Instagram.jpg

Thompson looks the happiest he’s been in weeks 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good look big lad, all i ask is that you turn this round and fend of relegation.

Next year promotion and then Europe, Shabba. 

Joking aside, good luck, I hope you can turn this sinking ship round, if not here’s to next year.