Appointment of Moore as Manager (not coach)

Can he sign players? As I’m sure he can galvanise this group for a few games! But it’s evident we need some real fighters in the team in Darren Moore’s mould!!

Shocked is an understatement at this appointment! Bit like what Newcastle did to us with Bruce! Feel for the rovers fans, hopefully he does the business at S6!

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
54 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

We can only hope lessons have been learned and this is the start of a new more pragmatic regime that sees us recover in a reasonable timeframe to be a more saleable asset and the DC can sell us and move on. 
The odd thing with the Moore appointment is it doesn’t feel like a crazy ‘roll of the dice’ move to desperately try to stay up. 
Hes more of a steady managerial appointment who might stand an outside chance of keeping us up but will be a good shout for next season. 
If DC is back to his standard tricks I’d be very surprised if Moore will tolerate it. I’d also be surprised if Moore didn’t get some assurance of what level of autonomy he was going to get. I know Moore has been involved with the PFA before so must have access to decent advice when taking on a role like ours. 
So it’s either the start of a better period or will all be over by Easter. I hope it’s the first one but we won’t have to wait long to find out!

I doubt Moore has got much more than previous managers, will have just been told that he can spend whatever is necessary etc only for us to then spend nothing/little when the window opens

He’ll have wanted to come here because as a manager once you’re in the lower leagues it’s not always easy to move to one of the bigger clubs, so hard for him to turn down. Would imagine we pay much better than Donny too, not that there isn’t a decent chance he won’t get it all though with our track record 

Clarity on whether the wording of manager rather then coach is important because it might represent a change in approach, which would seem in indicate at least some accepting of the fact that our current approach has been a mess (perhaps even acknowledging that not 100% of blame is with the EFL and fans/customers). 

I won’t hold my breath - but it would be a glimmer of hope if they do clarify that we are changing to a different model 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BRADDO said:

I don't see how any manager can succeed here with DC in charge. 

Sadly true,   despite not being a fan I wanted him to succeed because that meant we did , but the club needs fresh ideas by football men not leech agents 

but no one happier if we succeed even despite DC  

• Like 1

Guest gizowl
3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I agree

Going to be interesting to see Chansiri's next moves and if he's turned a corner and changed his ways

The next thing for him to do if he is now listening and preparing to change his ways is to bin off Paixao and apologise to the supporters for the mess the club is in and how he intends to put things right.