Appointment of Moore as Manager (not coach)

Interesting that the club have appointed Moore and announced him as ‘first team manager’. Does this represent a move away from having a head coach? 

either way, my stance is 1) full support to Moore and 2) Doesn’t change anything that Chansiri is useless and must go

• Like 4

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I agree

Going to be interesting to see Chansiri's next moves and if he's turned a corner and changed his ways

I'd like to think so Neil. However, if we're honest with ourselves, he's had 6 years to change his ways and make good, pragmatic decisions. He's failed at every level which will see us in the 3rd division next season. He's not changing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I doubt he would have taken the job if it was just to the end of the season. Potentially a good appointment if he is allowed to manage.

I don't see any reason not to get behind him. if he saves us he's going to have worked wonders. If we go down at least he knows the 3rd division.

Good luck to him, he will need it with DC in charge.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Disagree - it's important to understand what his job title/role is to set expectations amongst fans

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

I hope that means that Darren Moore has a big say in transfers.
Think in 2021 you cant really have a Big Ron type wheeler dealer but hope he is not just given players he has no idea about like been rumoured about recent managers.

See what I mean? 👆

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The job title, roles and responsibilities needs clarification

The official site has announced managers with the wrong job title in the past remember

I don’t think it matters. Once he’s here, just like Pulis, will very quickly understand where he sits within this farce of a football club and the limits his scope faces. 

Then its up to him how quickly he decides to hand in his notice

• Haha 1

We can only hope lessons have been learned and this is the start of a new more pragmatic regime that sees us recover in a reasonable timeframe to be a more saleable asset and the DC can sell us and move on. 
The odd thing with the Moore appointment is it doesn’t feel like a crazy ‘roll of the dice’ move to desperately try to stay up. 
Hes more of a steady managerial appointment who might stand an outside chance of keeping us up but will be a good shout for next season. 
If DC is back to his standard tricks I’d be very surprised if Moore will tolerate it. I’d also be surprised if Moore didn’t get some assurance of what level of autonomy he was going to get. I know Moore has been involved with the PFA before so must have access to decent advice when taking on a role like ours. 
So it’s either the start of a better period or will all be over by Easter. I hope it’s the first one but we won’t have to wait long to find out!

2 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

I don’t think it matters. Once he’s here, just like Pulis, will very quickly understand where he sits within this farce of a football club and the limits his scope faces. 

Then its up to him how quickly he decides to hand in his notice

The painful part is every word you said is true

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop