Not the right move to keep him in my eyes. Not the type of player needed in a dog fight and definitely not in league one. 

no doubt he will prove to a be a decent signing at another championship club if he did move on with better players around him but I’d rather have the 20/30k p/w to use on 2 or 3 other players 

• Like 1

can we sign a 10 year old girl from the Young Owls as she'll have more bite, determination and won't get knocked off the ball as much as Reach.. He is so weak I'm sure traffic driving down Penistone Road knocks him over

• Haha 2

Can't /won't sign a striker in January 

Cant/won't get a manager in 

Resign losers reach, Hutchinson and bannan 

And people actually support the decison 

Best thing this club could do is move them on and actually look for players worth their wages and for a 3rd of the cost 

• Thanks 1

This club...

Apparently, we won't appoint a manager on a long-term contact as we are worried about the financial implications of relegation to League One. 

However, the club is going out of its way to renew the deals of some of its top earners. 

WTF. 

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

This club...

Apparently, we won't appoint a manager on a long-term contact as we are worried about the financial implications of relegation to League One. 

However, the club is going out of its way to renew the deals of some of its top earners. 

WTF. 

Well we’d be able to get fees for Reach and Bannan, even if it’s only half a mill each. We got offered 7 figures for Bannan last summer. So get relegated and ship them both out for a million in the summer makes sense vs letting them go for free. Just have to hope they don’t get injured or something 

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Well we’d be able to get fees for Reach and Bannan, even if it’s only half a mill each. We got offered 7 figures for Bannan last summer. So get relegated and ship them both out for a million in the summer makes sense vs letting them go for free. Just have to hope they don’t get injured or something 

I'm not sure renewing them for what will likely be very high wages (in League One) is really worth it for the sake of hypothetically receiving the sweet sum of f all for them down the line. 

7 hours ago, 0742 said:

i'd love him gone. he doesn't play the type of football i enjoy and earns way too much for a league one club.

i also think he's the type of player who is just a bit of a mercenary.

I get that you don't like him but at least insult him in a way that makes sense.

You've called him a mercenary despite the fact that we are his second club and he's played close to 200 games for us.

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
7 hours ago, trev said:

He's a very decent winger with a decent reputation. Worth  a few million easy.

A decent winger who’s currently joint 70th in the assist stats.

Bog standard lower end Championship player these days.

7 hours ago, Owl.1867 said:

I get that you don't like him but at least insult him in a way that makes sense.

You've called him a mercenary despite the fact that we are his second club and he's played close to 200 games for us.

Bit of a weird comment. I don't know the bloke to decide whether i like him or not, but i do know i don't like the slow, cumbersome, lack of intensity game he plays. I also don't like the fact he doesn't really excel in any position. 

And let's be honest, all footballers are mercenaries, they will play wherever they are paid the most. Reach is no different.

Runs around a lot, often in the opposite direction to the football, but can put In a cross half a dozen times a season. 

Bar that spell a couple of seasons ago when he found his shooting boots, offers nothing. Can't tackle, positionally poor, can't beat a man or pass the ball. 

No thanks.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Bit of a weird comment. I don't know the bloke to decide whether i like him or not, but i do know i don't like the slow, cumbersome, lack of intensity game he plays. I also don't like the fact he doesn't really excel in any position. 

And let's be honest, all footballers are mercenaries, they will play wherever they are paid the most. Reach is no different.

Nah not having that 

You can't be labelling Adam Reach a mercenary and singling him out as one

Owlstalk Shop