Interesting Read about behind the scenes

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s odd isn’t it. I mean if Chansiri is sole owner and has been here 6 years, he isn’t going to be happy with how things are. Surely one of the things he’d think is that the advice he’s received hasn’t been good

In normal circumstances that would mean you look to make a clean break and get new advisors or use a different structure. Doesn’t need to be anything malicious you just would try something different 

The fact that this guy is still here is weird

My thoughts precisely.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s odd isn’t it. I mean if Chansiri is sole owner and has been here 6 years, he isn’t going to be happy with how things are. Surely one of the things he’d think is that the advice he’s received hasn’t been good

In normal circumstances that would mean you look to make a clean break and get new advisors or use a different structure. Doesn’t need to be anything malicious you just would try something different 

The fact that this guy is still here is weird

This has been in my thoughts for some time now.

I can only assume there is a payout clause should he be no longer required.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Glenn59 said:

Found this, can of worms or what.

Apologies if this had been posted to a thread before

https://thewednesdaytimes.co.uk/amadeu-paixao-erik-alonso-sheffield-wednesday/

This is a fantastic bit of insight btw, can we get this pinned so everyone on here can give it a read?  @Owlstalk Admin Team

(Side point and a dig on why on earth do Radio Sheffield never produce anything interesting like this? Surely this stuff is a journalists dream? So much unknown)

I'm sure the strategy and reasons for buying the club were the exact same as almost every other foreign owner looking to get a piece of the pie, 0 knowledge of the market he's entering but bags of cash and understands if he makes it to the PL he could make alot of money....puts all his faith, money and inexperience in a 'small' team of advisors (which this article implies is exactly just a single advisor) and hopes for the best.

That contract and future payments stuff is MIND BLOWING, up to £10MILLION!!! to be paid to agents at Doyen if we were to be promoted with £25,000 being paid each month on 'consultation fees'. Based on what is said after around Paixao now leaving Doyen Sports and how is is now the sole advisor to DC, is he pocketing all this 'consultancy' money himself? Is there literally nobody else involved with DC here?

Even more interesting is how after we signed 'Ross Wallace, Daniel Pudil, Fernando Forestieri, Barry Bannan, Marco Matias, Lucas Joao, Vincent Sasso and Alex Lopez' (most of whom I would argue were GOOD signings apart from Matias). Senior, Hill, Roeder and Piempongsant ALL left the club with just Paixao remaining?!? What!? Why!? Can't be a coincidence that the majority of signings that followed were all largely poor. Looking back this should of set off major red flags, clearly something they all didn't like or didn't agree with...my feeling is Paixao/Doyen influence was too strong on Chansiri.

My concern is that now promotion is clearly not a short or long term achievable goal how much further can the negative influence of Paixao spread? He is obviously pulling the strings and it seems anyone else DC brings on board gets frozen out from advisors (Alonso) , managers (Pulis) and experienced footballing minds like Roeder (RIP). 

IMO this just makes it so clear that Doyen/Paixao have used there influence to hijack a foreign takeover, sucked out all the money they can get from an inexperienced businessman in DC and don't give a poo about the club and what happens to it as long as they get paid. Simple choice now, they go or DC does, don't see any other alternative before things start to get much much worse.

Guest Hornsby
22 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

100%

Monk was employed by Brum and Boro but they both said he was also on an earner from a footy agency too.

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

Monk was employed by Brum and Boro but they both said he was also on an earner from a footy agency too.

Paxo is a paid advisor, Chansiri said it himself.

Guest Hornsby
1 minute ago, mrbluesky said:

Paxo is a paid advisor, Chansiri said it himself.

He tells a lot of porkies.