Why did we lose the second half?

Not looking for ‘cos we are crap’ replies but more specifically where you think we went wrong in the second half yesterday and lost the game 

For me I started to worry when Windass sat down injured two minutes in as we were trying to build up the momentum and attacks again

It totally took the wind out of our sails and I felt that went definitely in their favour 

After that it was a mess but what specifically do you think was the issue?

Luton came out with a rocket under them for sure but Neil Thompson said he had spent half time drilling into them that would happen and to be on their guard 

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Bulgaria
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not looking for ‘cos we are crap’ replies but more specifically where you think we went wrong in the second half yesterday and lost the game 

For me I started to worry when Windass sat down injured two minutes in as we were trying to build up the momentum and attacks again

It totally took the wind out of our sails and I felt that went definitely in their favour 

After that it was a mess but what specifically do you think was the issue?

Luton came out with a rocket under them for sure but Neil Thompson said he had spent half time drilling into them that would happen and to be on their guard 

I don't think we as a team look fit enough.

We look like we are running through treacle come 60 minutes.

I think fitness is an issue, we didn't look to have the legs to compete, or the brains with stupid decision making (bannan booting the ball in the air 90 degrees to keep us under pressure)

There's little cohesion between the players too. Mis timed passes, poor covering and too many gaps left.

Added to that this bunch have never had fight in them. They crumble under pressure.

• Like 6

Windass like u say wasn't 100%

Hutchinson the same , seemed to be hobbling about , he's not a midfield player anymore imo.

Thompson not making the changes sooner.

The team haven't got the battle in them when teams turn the tide and come at us , haven't got the warrior spirit required.

• Like 2

Mainly because they were more clinical than us. Even the three they scored should not have been enough, had we taken our chances in that first half. They dominated us in that second half, but I would say our domination of them in the first, was more comprehensive, but just not in goals though

• Like 2

The team is mentally weak.  2-0 up at half time you know the opposition is going to come at you.  We have to be ready for that.  

Tactically, we do not know how to change things during the course of a game.  

Combination of poor players and a management team that don’t know what they are doing.  Ultimately we got out of the game what we deserved.

• Like 2

Guest mrbluesky
8 minutes ago, Watto said:

Windass like u say wasn't 100%

Hutchinson the same , seemed to be hobbling about , he's not a midfield player anymore imo.

Thompson not making the changes sooner.

The team haven't got the battle in them when teams turn the tide and come at us , haven't got the warrior spirit required.

Perfectly put Watto, we melt at any sign of pressure, unfortunately. 

I think I said it in another thread, but they targeted our players posing a threat in the first half. Windass, elbowed in the back of the head. He wasn't the same after that. Same with Brown, they started going in late on him. To some degree the same with Bannan and Harris.

That and we started about ten yards further back. Don't know if they were told to do that or if it's just a natural reaction by this team. They should know by now that once we are pinned in our own half things end badly.

• Like 2

You’re not going to control a full game with Bannan, Hutchinson and brown.

Bannan is defensively and athletically woeful.

Brown hasn’t played a full game in as long as I can remember.

Hutchinson has the mobility of captain Tom and when in midfield seems to lose any sense of defensive awareness.

As a unit it’s just ineffective over 90 minutes. They may play well for half an hour or whatever but it’s just a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.

• Like 2

..only an opinion but I think in the dressing room they were told to go out and do the same as the first half, without any thought that Luton would change it and couldn't be anywhere near as bad as the first half. Tactically inept. 

I know I'm not supposed to say but an experienced coach should have expected what happened and changed things accordingly. The rest is history.