Callum Paterson

3 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Would be one of the first players I’d sell in the summer to be honest. Don’t get me wrong I like his work rate and how he can wind opposition up, but what ever league we are in next season we need a few proper centre forwards. 

I also believe Nuhui is a better CF than him. 

Without a shadow of a doubt Nuhiu would have been of more benefit to the team and cheaper too. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

This shambles matters to Paterson.

In fact, he is the only one that shows anything more than a shrug or staring into space when walking off the pitch...

I would go as far to say that along with Osaze, he will be an asset in Lge 1.

Honestly, I think he is a League 1 player although he has been involved in numerous of our few goals to be fair like yesterday with that cross

5 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

This shambles matters to Paterson.

In fact, he is the only one that shows anything more than a shrug or staring into space when walking off the pitch...

I would go as far to say that along with Osaze, he will be an asset in Lge 1.

Hopefully we manage to hang on to Osaze

We don’t have many players I’d want us to keep, but Paterson would be one of them. I really like him. I’ve defended us signing him. I feel he’s been good value for 500k. I hope he’d stay, but I doubt he would. Scotland career to think of, and someone would probably offer Chansiri what he paid and off Paterson goes. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

We don’t have many players I’d want us to keep, but Paterson would be one of them. I really like him. I’ve defended us signing him. I feel he’s been good value for 500k. I hope he’d stay, but I doubt he would. Scotland career to think of, and someone would probably offer Chansiri what he paid and off Paterson goes. 

For £500K he has been decent but he aint worth paying around £17K a week regardless of what level we are at.

• Like 1

I'd agree with those stating that if it was a choice between Adhe and Callum.

I'd have kept Adhe all day long. Far far far, infact by miles a better player.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think he's a terrible player and for the type of player he is, nowhere near aggressive enough

I wouldn't go as far as terrible but I agree he doesn't really put himself about and make physical challenges, unless the ball has gone and he fouls afterwards and things like running into the Everton keeper 5 minutes after he has cleared the ball, hilarious stuff. 

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

For £500K he has been decent but he aint worth paying around £17K a week regardless of what level we are at.

we can’t take our wage bill into league one. Many will be released. Others will we sold for nominal fees. If we recoup what we paid, Paterson & Windass will be gone. Bannan would be sold or released if there’s a clause. Luongo could be a problem. 

• Like 1

Just now, wilyfox said:

we can’t take our wage bill into league one. Many will be released. Others will we sold for nominal fees. If we recoup what we paid, Paterson & Windass will be gone. Bannan would be sold or released if there’s a clause. Luongo could be a problem. 

Agree with all of that, can see Luongo being sat on his contract like many before him, though he might at least have a relegation clause to reduce it a bit. 

What I am saying is although Paterson has done OK overall I don't think he is worth 17K a week even if we remarkably stay up. Nuhiu would have served us better for less.

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I wouldn't go as far as terrible but I agree he doesn't really put himself about and make physical challenges, unless the ball has gone and he fouls afterwards and things like running into the Everton keeper 5 minutes after he has cleared the ball, hilarious stuff. 

Yeh I thought he was going to be a nasty mongrel up front, I had heard he was unorthodox but I was at least hoping he would provided a bit of a steely edge for us but he's just as placid as the rest of them. He was angrier in the stands throwing bottles about than what he was on the pitch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Agree with all of that, can see Luongo being sat on his contract like many before him, though he might at least have a relegation clause to reduce it a bit. 

What I am saying is although Paterson has done OK overall I don't think he is worth 17K a week even if we remarkably stay up. Nuhiu would have served us better for less.

How do we know he’s on 17k? ..and what was Nuhiu on? Reported fees and wages are usually way off.

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

How do we know he’s on 17k? ..and what was Nuhiu on? Reported fees and wages are usually way off.

I wouldn't say they are way off. It was reported that Paterson got an offer of more than £10K a week when he moved to Cardiff, he then got rewarded with a pay rise and a contract to 2022 when they got promoted. 

Would he leave that contract to join Sheffield Wednesday for the love of the club and the great prospects of playing for a club in turmoil on -12 points under a manager with a dire record at the time? I can't see him having taken a huge pay cut to play for us. 

Guest Bulgaria

He has found his level.

A struggling championship side.

If we can, I would definitely have him next year if we go down.

49 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think he's a terrible player and for the type of player he is, nowhere near aggressive enough

I think same, looks nothing like a footballer, he always reminds me of someone you would see on council pitch on a Sunday morning turning out for Dog and Duck.

I don't doubt his workrate and he has scored odd goal but he's nowhere near as good as Nuhiu was. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

I think same, looks nothing like a footballer, he always reminds me of someone you would see on council pitch on a Sunday morning turning out for Dog and Duck.

I don't doubt his workrate and he has scored odd goal but he's nowhere near as good as Nuhiu was. 

and that is saying something isn't it? 0 goals in the Cypriot league last I checked and I'd still have him in the side lol 

• Like 1