Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Can we show this to the players and get them to give us an explanation?

 

Its always the manager but surely they're established professionals who know the basics of defending right?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

First goal to be fair was a foul on Hutchinson, after that we fell to pieces.

 

Anyway first half I was convinced we were on drugs ,second half showed my  suspicions were correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

First goal to be fair was a foul on Hutchinson, after that we fell to pieces.

 

Anyway first half I was convinced we were on drugs ,second half showed my  suspicions were correct.

Nay, the drugs came out at half time, MOGADON.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Can we show this to the players and get them to give us an explanation?

 

Its always the manager but surely they're established professionals who know the basics of defending right?

It's always the managers fault, but once players cross the line it's THIER responsibility. You can spend all week training drills, but If players switch off mentally, think they know better or just can't be bothered it won't work one iota. 

 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

What about Bannan, watching the Luton midfielder run past him to score.

Watch it again, goal scorer didn’t run past Bannan (he was already back in the box) and was Penney’s man to pick up.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

That is pretty damning evidence of a team in disarray. 

 

You cannot tell me that this is chansiri's fault too. This is basic minimum requirements from a footballer. 

 

They should be disgusted with themselves.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kraschenbern said:

100% this.  It wasn't Penney's man.  It was Bannan's.  He is shocking at tracking the runners around him.  Great at closing down the opposition keeper pointlessly from time to time tho, giving the impression he works hard.  I wish people would realise that he is vastly overrated.  He offers very little.  He looks "tidy", but considering what's around him, that's not hard.  All this nonsense about key passes too.  Makes me laugh.  He was a very average player when we had a decent side.  That's why he played on the left.  Plays too deep, never scores, can't tackle, can't head a ball, can't go past a man (spinning round in circles and playing a square ball is not beating a man), never finds pockets of space where he can do the other team damage.  I've been saying this for three seasons.  We will not develop into a good side while ever we are so reliant on him.  

Correct but not allowed to criticise him or you’re a troll. Bannans failure to track runners causes problems for us often. One of our men then had to go to the ball leaving space and someone else unmarked. But don’t worry he makes up for it with his 4 assists.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kraschenbern said:

100% this.  It wasn't Penney's man.  It was Bannan's.  He is shocking at tracking the runners around him.  Great at closing down the opposition keeper pointlessly from time to time tho, giving the impression he works hard.  I wish people would realise that he is vastly overrated.  He offers very little.  He looks "tidy", but considering what's around him, that's not hard.  All this nonsense about key passes too.  Makes me laugh.  He was a very average player when we had a decent side.  That's why he played on the left.  Plays too deep, never scores, can't tackle, can't head a ball, can't go past a man (spinning round in circles and playing a square ball is not beating a man), never finds pockets of space where he can do the other team damage.  I've been saying this for three seasons.  We will not develop into a good side while ever we are so reliant on him.  

 

It was 100% Penney's man

 

https://www.skysports.com/football/luton-town-vs-sheffield-wednesday/430095

 

Bannan has followed his man from near the halfway line and is with thee same player in the box. Penney knows who he should be marking and fails to do so. You can see from his reaction when the ball goes in that he knows it is his fault. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, debram said:

A shambles then, no training ground procedures, just not drilled, no disrespect but Bullen and Thomson out of their depth, its a mickey mouse partnership in reality. 

It's been a shambles for years. It's nowt to do with the current coaching staff.

 

If experienced players on the pitch cannot take responsibility for fundamentals of the game that have been drilled into them since they were chabs they have no business claiming  to be professional footballers. There are no excuses for that defending today. Frankly There are more focused Sunday league teams out there.

 

Let's be honest, if you rolled back the years and these same players played like that when they were at the academy or grass roots they'd have never been scouted and then we wouldn't have the misfortune of having to watch them now.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, heppers said:

To think we moved on Stuart Gray in search of better things.

To be fair it’s been good for Stuart. I know Fulham are struggling in the prem but he got them there, their defence is good and his stock is high. Every time I see him he’s grinning like a Cheshire Cat! Jammy bastàrd. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not one mention how sh.t Rhodes hold up play and lay off to gift them possession for their winner. 
On their 1st goal I think, the ball was played inside their fullback to Harris and he was getting there easy with a run in on goal, I’m going ‘go on son your in’ , he ambles to the ball goes wide and puts in a god awful cross. 
they go straight up the other end and score. Is that confidence or just poor footballers making poor choices. 
We had that game so won it was easy and we lost by our own failings. UTO 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Were all over the place.

 

This comes from poor coaching, poor attitude and no leadership!

20210227_203645.jpg

looks bad that ......i'd like to see a picture of where everyone was when rhodes gave the ball away before pointing the finger at anyone 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

It was 100% Penney's man

 

https://www.skysports.com/football/luton-town-vs-sheffield-wednesday/430095

 

Bannan has followed his man from near the halfway line and is with thee same player in the box. Penney knows who he should be marking and fails to do so. You can see from his reaction when the ball goes in that he knows it is his fault. 

I stand corrected (said the man in the orthopaedic shoes). I'd not seen the replay until now. At the time I thought it was Bannan who'd lost his man. But you're correct, it was Penney.

 

I do stand by what I say in general tho. And even on that occasion, a quick look around might have led to him marking the space around the 6 yard line rather than the player at the back post.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kraschenbern said:

I stand corrected (said the man in the orthopaedic shoes). I'd not seen the replay until now. At the time I thought it was Bannan who'd lost his man. But you're correct, it was Penney.

 

I do stand by what I say in general tho. And even on that occasion, a quick look around might have led to him marking the space around the 6 yard line rather than the player at the back post.

 

Fair play mate, plenty wouldn't revise their judgement even with the evidence staring them in the face. 

 

I agree in general the defensive side of his game isn't great, in 3rd goal he does lose his man who is left unmarked in the box and could easily have been the one on the end of the cross to score. 

I think he played well first half and created our only chance, a good chance in the second. He benefited in attacking sense from having Brown ahead of him but some of Thompson's choices baffled me.

He said Brown couldn't manage much more than the 15 minutes he often gets due to fitness but he makes his first start in months today and gets a full 90 minutes. Hutchinson was clearly blowing out of his backside second half but also didn't get subbed off, he has performed better when playing in defence lately rather than midfield too. I know we are short in that area without Shaw & Luongo but Pelupessy could have done a job and allowed Hutchinson to play at the back. Borner starts out of nowhere but also can't finish the game. Too many changes in defence doesn't make for a coherent display. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

3rd is an assist for Rhodes.

 

In possession, easy pass on, intercepted and we know the rest.

 

It was poor but there were still plenty of players back and plenty of opportunities to make it more difficult for them. The second goal was more of a counter attack on us when Paterson surrendered possession cheaply. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...