Paul Cook interested

Guest T Hardy

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

I really do think we will massively regret not getting him in. He seems like he wants to come, for a club in our position on and off the pitch I think we would be lucky to have him. 

I would like him to come too but at the same time don’t because I see it being a situation where a good man is ruined by this madness 

Right now I can’t think of a single manager that would be successful here

Managers who say what they think get sacked or clear off straight away

Managers who are yes men come in and fail so badly it makes things worse

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I would like him to come too but at the same time don’t because I see it being a situation where a good man is ruined by this madness 

Right now I can’t think of a single manager that would be successful here

Managers who say what they think get sacked or clear off straight away

Managers who are yes men come in and fail so badly it makes things worse

what do we do? Should we stick with Thompson in your opinion? 

11 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

He’s been publicly called unprofessional by DC and would probably be mad to come to us, so yes, in the upside down world of SWFC I can definitely see this happening

The irony of Chansiri calling someone else  unprofessional :duntmatter:

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

what do we do? Should we stick with Thompson in your opinion? 

No

Neil Thompson isn’t capable of managing a Championship side with this squad 

He just isn’t 

I never really want to mention this as I don’t even put 1% responsibility on Thompson for anything that happens under his watch as he’s not capable and shouldn’t have been made to do it BUT have you seen his CV and his managerial record before he became a coach?

Ultimately he’s not capable of the job, shouldn’t be in there, shouldn’t have been made to do it 

The answer is not and never has been Neil Thompson - he’s a coach for the young uns and that’s where he should be allowed to work again 

Now

The issue comes to if not Thompson then who?

Nobody at the club currently that’s for sure. There’s not a single person employed by SWFC capable

So who?

Straight talkers get sacked or walk out

Yes men fail and leave with a whimper 

The conclusion I have come to is that I honestly don’t think any manager can succeed at this football club if they have to work for this Chairman 

And that’s just at face value too

Thats before looking at the dark forces we are told are at the club, or the squad and the personalities within, or the disenfranchised fanbase etc

The disconnect is almost 100#

No manager on planet Earth can or will succeed here because here isn’t set up for any manager to succeed 

Regardless of capability, experience, style, approach or personality 

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

Has to be a chance that Cook will take the Ipswich job even though they’re in L1. If he had the choice between us and them, I feel sure he’d come to S6. These guys have big egos and he would be totally confident of keeping us up. Have to agree with others who have said its highly unlikely though, as DC appears to have made his opinion on Cook pretty clear. 

Which leaves us with the who else question. Personally, I would be happy if Roy Keane got the job. I think he’d get this lot battling for their lives and he would do it playing decent football. Listening to him this evening, he was very critical of Man. Utd and Chelsea putting such priority on keeping a clean sheet instead of going for goals. He might just be desperate enough to get back into football management to take on this poisoned chalice. Certainly rather him than Coleman. 

5 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Has to be a chance that Cook will take the Ipswich job even though they’re in L1. If he had the choice between us and them, I feel sure he’d come to S6. These guys have big egos and he would be totally confident of keeping us up. Have to agree with others who have said its highly unlikely though, as DC appears to have made his opinion on Cook pretty clear. 

Which leaves us with the who else question. Personally, I would be happy if Roy Keane got the job. I think he’d get this lot battling for their lives and he would do it playing decent football. Listening to him this evening, he was very critical of Man. Utd and Chelsea putting such priority on keeping a clean sheet instead of going for goals. He might just be desperate enough to get back into football management to take on this poisoned chalice. Certainly rather him than Coleman. 

Again though - Roy Keane wouldn’t even last five minutes in the interview 

If he did attend (and he wouldn’t) he’d just get up and walk out five minutes in

Owlstalk Shop

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Again though - Roy Keane wouldn’t even last five minutes in the interview 

If he did attend (and he wouldn’t) he’d just get up and walk out five minutes in

I think he would come for an interview and not only that, he would keep his cool in order to get the job. The guy is a winner and the only reason we have a chance of getting him is because he’s been out of management for some time. Plenty of people have managed under carp owners before. At the end of the day, they just want to get back into management. He could be a hero with Wednesday fans within three months of taking the job. Course he’d take it 

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

Well I see Paul Lambert has been sacked.

Interested to see if Cook is appointed as Ipswich manager after fluttering his eyelashes at us today in the press.

Has Cook actually said anything? Or was it just Biggs saying he’d still be interested?

Anyway it doesn’t matter. He’s going to Ipswich. Good appointment for them.

5 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Missed the boat. 

Guarantee Ipswich will be above us next season.  

90% of league one will be above us next season.

We enjoyed two season riding the crest of the wave,this is the fall,its gunna be bumpy and VERY unpleasant