It’s All Over

I respect those who believe otherwise, but our fate was effectively sealed when we failed to recruit in the January window Don’t think it matters who would be in charge, the best we could hope for, is more of what we’ve seen under Thompson. There was never any evidence to suggest that this squad would win enough games to avoid the drop We have no strikers. Maybe, just maybe, had we taken the approach we took at Luton, we might have had more of a chance. We should have been out of sight in that first half, and probably would have been, had we had a striker. The collapse in the second half, was poor, but not really a consequence of our attacking approach. Had we shown that sort of adventure this season, we’d still have lost more than we  win, due to the unbalanced squad, but we might have picked up a few more three pointers

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

Not so sure matey.

It worked on players who didn't have ego's.

Most of our squad think they are much better than they really are, they wouldn't listen to a bloke like Megson.

He would give a team talk, then Westwood, Hutchinson, Reach and Bannan would gather in the car park and just take the pisss out of him.

bang on, this side is done

12 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Three times we will have been in League One in 16 years. We’re destined for mediocrity.

It’s time to face that this club is absolutely shafted and is more likely to be wound up than it is to be in the top flight again - there’s only one thing that’s massive - and that’s the fanbase. We’re the only thing to sing and shout about in this club - we’ve pulled us through the bad times, but this is absolutely the worst of it, the worst it’s been in 32 years of supporting this team. 

I cannot believe this man has continued to invest hundreds of millions and never learnt his lesson and is probably never gonna see a 10% of that back - that’s the only happiness I’ll get out of this, he’s completely p1ssed it away. He won’t sell us, ever - as above, we will fold before he hands us over at a cheaper price - what a dent to his pride that would be.

I don’t even know what I ‘care’ about Wednesday any more - it’s not the team, I don’t identify with the ‘brand/club’, it’s not the manager, the coaches, the chairman. Nobody at the club - nothing. When we came up from League One I identified with the spirit, the brand was revived, Megson, the team of warriors, Mandaric - the chairman - everything about it, the club was both the fans and the club. Now it’s just a club I happen to support ran by a Thai bloke I don’t give a throw about. 

The fans need to rally, we need to stick together. The club however, is gone.

Not like you to be so negative.  Genuinely surprised.

:duntmatter:

16 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Three times we will have been in League One in 16 years. We’re destined for mediocrity.

It’s time to face that this club is absolutely shafted and is more likely to be wound up than it is to be in the top flight again - there’s only one thing that’s massive - and that’s the fanbase. We’re the only thing to sing and shout about in this club - we’ve pulled us through the bad times, but this is absolutely the worst of it, the worst it’s been in 32 years of supporting this team. 

I cannot believe this man has continued to invest hundreds of millions and never learnt his lesson and is probably never gonna see a 10% of that back - that’s the only happiness I’ll get out of this, he’s completely p1ssed it away. He won’t sell us, ever - as above, we will fold before he hands us over at a cheaper price - what a dent to his pride that would be.

I don’t even know what I ‘care’ about Wednesday any more - it’s not the team, I don’t identify with the ‘brand/club’, it’s not the manager, the coaches, the chairman. Nobody at the club - nothing. When we came up from League One I identified with the spirit, the brand was revived, Megson, the team of warriors, Mandaric - the chairman - everything about it, the club was both the fans and the club. Now it’s just a club I happen to support ran by a Thai bloke I don’t give a throw about. 

40 + years of supporting this club, looking back not that much success really.

We have had bad, bad teams before but if you take into account the money spent against the standard of players we have, this has to be the worst.

Lack of talent is one thing, we lack that in spades. But that's the recruitment policy.

The effort...no don't see any. Every week we hear that we must move forward, put things right. 2-0 up away at Luton, you would thing a bit of effort and game won.

But no...so it shows we have neither the talent nor the fight to survive.

I will still be interested in how we go on, but I will not spend 1p more on the club.

I'm out....

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I respect those who believe otherwise, but our fate was effectively sealed when we failed to recruit in the January window Don’t think it matters who would be in charge, the best we could hope for, is more of what we’ve seen under Thompson. There was never any evidence to suggest that this squad would win enough games to avoid the drop We have no strikers. Maybe, just maybe, had we taken the approach we took at Luton, we might have had more of a chance. We should have been out of sight in that first half, and probably would have been, had we had a striker. The collapse in the second half, was poor, but not really a consequence of our attacking approach. Had we shown that sort of adventure this season, we’d still have lost more than we  win, due to the unbalanced squad, but we might have picked up a few more three pointers

Correct pal,  agree entirely 

6 hours ago, Adam1867 said:

I genuinely believe we won't have a club in the next 12 months. 

With the out of contract situation, we will not be in a position to field a team next season. 

Chansiri will not put another penny into the club and we will go out of business. 

I've said this myself it genuinely feels on a knife edge. As ever it's the hope that kills you

• Like 1

Anyone who thinks we stay up are as delusional as the t055er whose create this mess 

This ain't about supporting the team 

This is being realistic 

We are gone 

Only thing left of this season is avoiding being bottom and not have the extra embarrassment of finishing below Wycombe 

On 27/02/2021 at 20:24, TodwickOwl said:

You've got to put everything into perspective, as the rules have changed now.... The (impractical/ unaligned) financial fair play rules are what's causing us (and other clubs) issues at the moment... Whereas before it was just the fact we had a massive debt that we (stupidly) were really responsible about paying back (for forever) rather than just entering into administration like most other Premiership clubs did (at the time) to clear and start again....

It's funny, some would say 'we were 90 mins away from the Premier League' ..but Hull won that game and it appeared to be the worse thing that happened to them. 

'Success' in a football is clearly about how you are run, and we haven't been run very well with Chansiri. 

I think what should worry 'Football ' is there are many other clubs like us. Nottingham Forest and Birmingham City fans are probably having the same discussions on their message boards. 

I really think a 'big' club is just going to collapse and close its gates very soon..one in such a poor financial state nobody will want to save it. 

17 hours ago, flo said:

If we go down and then have a ok season in league one and get play offs everyone will be happy again, its the way football fans are. 

Totally agree..massive clamour for tickets, stubbs , priority points etc, and another ' amazing day at Wembley '. 

22 hours ago, Sova said:

Well... we've won 6 of our last 14. And we can beat the teams around us. We've beaten Birmingham, Wycombe, Coventry and Derby. But we've still got to play 7 of the top 9. 

Yep, I think before the bad run it was 6 wins out of 9 with some big scalps like boro and bournemouth thrown in there?

It's certainly doable but this season does have a whiff of 09-10 about it.

7 hours ago, Tollertonowl said:

You've got to put everything into perspective, as the rules have changed now.... The (impractical/ unaligned) financial fair play rules are what's causing us (and other clubs) issues at the moment... Whereas before it was just the fact we had a massive debt that we (stupidly) were really responsible about paying back (for forever) rather than just entering into administration like most other Premiership clubs did (at the time) to clear and start again....

Everyone knows the FFP rules and plenty of other clubs don’t have a problem sticking to them. It’s not as if we have just slightly broken them one year and been punished for it we have smashed it out of the park pretty much breaking the 3 year loss limit within a single 18 month period. DC has tried every backhand trick in the book to get out of it so don’t say impractical and unaligned. 

Our issues come from a complete lack of structure at the club and a dreadful recruitment policy. We recruit players that are supposedly at their peak and give them contracts that other clubs can’t match, this means we are stuck with them throughout their contracts. The few players we do get that gather any interest we refuse to sell.

The main reason we didn’t go into administration like everyone else in the early 00’s is because the co op wrote off a large portion of our debt so let’s not pretend we are shining angels just because we didn’t get a points deduction.

• Like 1

Sadly, or not so sadly we can't be there to show our support, or boo like mad depending on how you stand. The problem is it's really all down to the manager and players. We showed again at the weekend just how fragile, weak, pathetic we are, delete as necessary.

You firstly have to have that siege mentality when down there and we don't have that. Neither do I see us finding it down the sofa. That had to

A) come from the manager, but we don't have one, or he isn't up to it and

B) the players themselves. Not too sure on that one right now.

So, thats where we are at. Its not negative, its fact.