It’s All Over

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

It's not all over though, is it? That is just the mood that everyone is feeling.

As bad as things are, we are still six points away from escaping relegation and other teams are not really pulling away. There is still quite a lot of games to go and things can still be turned around.

Agreed, but we need to beat Rotherham on Wednesday and hope that gives us a bit of momentum going forward.

We’ve also got Huddersfield to come to S6 later

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

It's not all over though, is it? That is just the mood that everyone is feeling.

As bad as things are, we are still six points away from escaping relegation and other teams are not really pulling away. There is still quite a lot of games to go and things can still be turned around.

Trouble is we aren't really catching up either.

I don't know what can change to put that right. I haven't seen anything so far to convince me we aren't just going to carry on losing a few winning a couple and just going down by 6 or 7 points.

Can we actually play any better.

Today was a massive blow.

• Like 5

Just now, Eightace said:

Trouble is we aren't really catching up either.

I don't know what can change to put that right. I haven't seen anything so far to convince me we aren't just going to carry on losing a few winning a couple and just going down by 6 or 7 points.

Can we actually play any better.

Today was a massive blow.

Granted, but that is a mood thing.

The reality is a win on Wednesday put's us right back in it. Obviously, if we lose, the situation will be dire.

But that does not equate to throwing in the towel just yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Have you been in a coma for the last 4 weeks?

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Granted, but that is a mood thing.

The reality is a win on Wednesday put's us right back in it. Obviously, if we lose, the situation will be dire.

But that does not equate to throwing in the towel just yet.

We aren’t right back in it? 

We’ve blown it - it’s out of our own hands now.

We win midweek and Birmingham win and we’re exactly the same - we’ve given them the upper hand now. 

There is no chance we’re coming back

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Have you been in a coma for the last 4 weeks?

Today, at 4:00 pm, we were technically outside the bottom three. Granted we should not have capitulated in that matter but the flipside is that it demonstrated how quickly things can and do turn around. Something obviously has to change, preferably a new manager or head coach but it is not the time to give up just yet.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Today, at 4:00 pm, we were technically outside the bottom three. Granted we should not have capitulated in that matter but the flipside is that it demonstrated how quickly things can and do turn around. Something obviously has to change, preferably a new manager or head coach but it is not the time to give up just yet.

We got spanked, after winning 2-0

There is nothing in this side to evidence a crumb of survival hope 

Absolute embarrassments 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BRUCE LEE said:

We got spanked, after winning 2-0

There is nothing in this side to evidence a crumb of survival hope 

Absolute embarrassments 

As I said, it is a mood thing.

The reality is something different. It is not all over, there is still plenty to play for. It looks to me that three out of six are going to get relegated and there is so little between them that anything can and will happen.

• Haha 1

I'm normally not one for hysterics,  so I will calmly agree that we won't now stay up. I know it's not over until mathematically certain blah blah blah...but the players know it after today, and so does Thompson.  

I'm not sure why this season should have been such a relegation battle once we had 6 points back. That's just two wins..absolutely nothing.

The squad on paper isn't that bad either; we still have Bannan, one of best midfielders stat wise in the division, a £5 million winger in Reach,  and many other players who are capable of much, much more than they are showing now.

Look, a good start in League one next season will cheer us up. Most of players we have now will stay, as quite frankly no-one will want them, so there won't be much team building to be done. 

If I'm totally honest, I really don't care anymore and I don't think I'm the only one.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Where are the points coming from?