Does anyone else feel like they’re close to not caring?

Guest T Hardy

But deep down we all care, otherwise we wouldn’t be expressing our opinions.  It’s just that some are accepting our fate,  some are very angry, some are in denial, some struggle to believe what is happening etc

Deep down we all want our club back and to be competitive.

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone commenting on or even reading this thread cares

We all do

We won't stop

Let's stop kidding ourselves and trying to kid each other

Now isn't the time to wallow in a self pity party

Nor is it a  time to fall out with any other Wednesday fans

Stick with it, stick together - it'll be ok in the end but might get a bit dirty for a bit

Neil - your are ‘Owlstalk’ - you are the man that keeps us in check through good performances and bad, through happy times and difficult times like right now. But as a group we need a facilitator, someone that feels the hurt and someone that wants to make a difference.

Right now some fans want to protest outside the ground, some fans want to send Chansiri messages of disapproval which I can totally agree with but if Chansiri is in Thailand he certainly won’t get the impact any protest would offer. However I have never seen the fan base so disillusioned than right now - we need to do something that will get direct to Chansiri.

Neil I know you have always been ‘centre stage’ but what can we do collectively that will be effective. Your comment would be appreciated.

• Like 1

One thing in life I have always respected and that is Wednesday fans loyalty, how shìt was those last 20 odd years for us ?

Tell me another club that has had so much hardship then finally find a so called rich owner only for him to be an absolute disaster, maybe Forest fans could come close, his fkin silence and running of the club have been a joke...we have been loyal for years, always have been, but right now I'm not feeling the love for this club anymore thanks to a number of things ...I totally understand the feelings. 

It's actually depressing.

This man we have in charge is responsible for our current demise through his absolute pig headed megalomaniac views....sadly its that will never ever make him a successful football club owner unlike his brothers at Leicester City ( hope he sees this ) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jim said:

If the Chairman doesn’t care and his lack of action with regards to the managers position suggests he doesn’t? Then why should we?

I will always care it’s in my DNA, it’s in my family’s DNA it’s just another period in our history , we will be back 

• Like 1

I feel so sad and angry with what is happening to the club, I like to tell myself I don’t care but I’m lying to myself. I wish it was that easy for me to stop caring because the club right now really gets me down and I could really do without that, but I do care, I care to much probably. 

40 minutes ago, Revenant said:

I thought the same before Christmas, but you've got people talking about protesting at the ground.

Boycott iFollow. £10 is not worth the mental anguish.

I could say I won’t watch but I know I will. I’m like a crackhead for it. I wasn’t going to watch today and was so glad I did, for 45 mins... Then the inevitable happened! I’d definitely boycott a specific match that everyone agreed on to send a message. I’ve heard ifollow recipes are low for all clubs so I doubt an all out boycott would make much difference.

• Like 1

The not too dissimilar 3-2 throw-away at Stoke on Boxing Day last year, on the back of a host of disappointments over the best part of 20 years and then followed by an almost laughable set of awful performances since then, including today's, have numbed me to the point where I can't be bothered having the club's and player's ineptness ruin my day, week or month and completely screw with whatever you want to class as mental health.  The regularity of SWFC being a complete let down is, frankly, unhealthy.

Coming on here like some kind of self help forum has become the only way I can vent frustration. The balance of good versus terrible is hugely wrong nowadays.

My 10 year old lad, whom I've thrown so much effort into getting to support Wednesday over his lifetime has gone down the toilet over the past 12 months.  His interest in Wednesday is virtually zero.  We're in Cheshire/Stoke area, so we don't really go to any games anyway, so Covid hasn't really contributed. Being at that Stoke game completely floored him, and that kind of result and disappointment has been repeated numerous times since.  Like many of us here, I've seen enough in the past 30 years to gain a thick skin - but the difference is that I've got the childhood memories of the early to late 90's and those sporadic great days since to keep me going and remember fondly. Decent players and decent performances, regular goals. Any kids nowadays have almost zero joy supporting Wednesday, and a lot of disappointment. I see the affect it has of him, it's pretty toxic. He doesn't need it.

Through all the stupidity, greed, sheer arrogance and mismanagement of  recent years, Wednesday and our owner have created this spiral of mess - and this kind of result is just a classic symptom. 

Had a bit of a hissy fit when the third went in. But soon after just lost interest.

That would usually hurt for a couple of days after. 

I can’t really describe my feelings towards Wednesday at the moment. I come on this forum and watch them a lot. But I do wonder if life was normal and there was things to do whether I would actually bother. 

It’s a real feeling of apathy. I simply don’t like the way we’re being run. And I haven’t formed an emotional kind of connection with any of the players. The ones I did like have been here too long and have stunk the place out. There’s no cult heroes in that squad. 

Actually kind of embarrassed to be a Wednesdayite. I have a big group chat with mates who support different clubs across the country. When they pop up and try and have a bit of banter about Wednesday, it doesn’t even register. In years gone by I’d be self-deprecating about the club or I’d defend the club. I was proud to be a Wednesdayite and would look to big the club up at any given moment. But now quite frankly I’m embarrassed to support the club under its current guise. 

A tricky feeling which I can’t quite explain. I clearly still care but I’m not as passionate, excited or as invested as I once was. I feel a bit detached from it all.

• Love 1

51 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

It’s football...we are crap...we migh5 be crapper next season or we might be better...I can’t wait for the 16 pint away days..whoever we are playing..chill out ...and have a few more sherberts

Keep clapping

The bizarre thing about the notion of us going out of business is we'd be stronger for it - they'd be thousands involved at getting us back and it would be amazing in this world of sterile cheating over-paid players; VAR and dodgy refs. 

Of course I'm not advocating it - just a day-dream of re-building a 154 year old club with hoards of fans taking over lower league grounds and towns across England.

The club is the fans.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Had a bit of a hissy fit when the third went in. But soon after just lost interest.

That would usually hurt for a couple of days after. 

I can’t really describe my feelings towards Wednesday at the moment. I come on this forum and watch them a lot. But I do wonder if life was normal and there was things to do whether I would actually bother. 

It’s a real feeling of apathy. I simply don’t like the way we’re being run. And I haven’t formed an emotional kind of connection with any of the players. The ones I did like have been here too long and have stunk the place out. There’s no cult heroes in that squad. 

Actually kind of embarrassed to be a Wednesdayite. I have a big group chat with mates who support different clubs across the country. When they pop up and try and have a bit of banter about Wednesday, it doesn’t even register. In years gone by I’d be self-deprecating about the club or I’d defend the club. I was proud to be a Wednesdayite and would look to big the club up at any given moment. But now quite frankly I’m embarrassed to support the club under its current guise. 

A tricky feeling which I can’t quite explain. I clearly still care but I’m not as passionate, excited or as invested as I once was. I feel a bit detached from it all.

See ya 

Guest Therealrealist
4 minutes ago, parajack said:

Keep clapping

Da wot? Are you allright? After about 30,000 posts it’s first time I’ve been called a clapperlolgarymegsonlol

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

fizz is the point of this post? 

Why not post something rather than taking cheap snipes you weirdo

You’re embarrassed to be a Wednesdayite ????

I am not never will be , that’s the difference 

jog on go and support a premiership team , you have probably got another team you follow already 

Liverpool , Chelsea, Man Utd ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

jog on go and support a premiership team , you have probably got another team you follow already 

Have a word! It bloody well is embarrassing to be a Wednesday fan at the moment, what part of what this club has done this season are you proud of?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

This isn’t Sheffield Wednesday to me. Yep I am embarrassed to support what we’ve become under Chansiri. 

Grow up. People are hurting and you shouldn’t take the ******** out of the way people feel towards something they’ve emotionally invested years into.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Could be an age thing but I must admit I’m past caring now. When I was young we got relegated to Div 3 for the 1st time and although it really hurt I always thought we would get back to the top level. 

I cannot recall a worse side than these players now. Not talking ability but a total lack of backbone and fight. 

I just don’t see how we get out of the situation we find ourselves in. No one will pay what tuna man wants for the club and he has obviously lost interest. I really don’t see a solution that will take us forward. 

• Like 1