Does anyone else feel like they’re close to not caring?

Guest T Hardy

2 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Haven’t watched the last 5 or so games, I wasn’t confident when I saw we were 2-0 up. Something needs to change or I dread to think how low the gates will be next season. 

Although I’ve been forced to roll my ticket over from this season, I’m starting to think I might not bother attending the first match next season anyway.

I know I’ll still be included in the official attendance but the club will know how many people haven’t bothered attending and I’m hoping if enough people do the same it might send a bit of a message to that clown Chansiri.

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

Although I’ve been forced to roll my ticket over from this season, I’m starting to think I might not bother attending the first match next season anyway.

I know I’ll still be included in the official attendance but the club will know how many people haven’t bothered attending and I’m hoping if enough people do the same it might send a bit of a message to that clown Chansiri.

That’s the problem, right now it’s easy for Chansiri to turn a blind eye to it. 

The biggest message we can send is leaving Hillsborough empty when the time comes. 

• Like 3

It was the inevitability of the whole thing.

You knew it was coming even at 2-0 you knew one goal and they would crumble. 

I don’t believe any of us can stop caring. You can be a bit numb to it but all Wednesday fans care (I think).  

We will all watch or keep and eye on the score when they put in there next pathetic display in midweek. 

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Do we know this is what’s happening for a fact, because I can see him cancelling this year’s ticket and asking us to pay again next season .

• Haha 1

Just now, T Hardy said:

Might seem odd putting the question out there and probably shows I do care, but in the last few months, I’ve followed our games less and only really followed based on goal alerts I get. I’ve been a season ticket holder for years and attended nearly every away game I could - not a brag, just to say that I think I’m going from that to having little interest in Wednesday any longer. 

Why should I follow a club where the owner is allowing us to be run into the ground? I know there’s a saying that the fans will always be there, but I think I’m close to almost totally losing interest and caring whilst we’re under this owner.

The thought of us going out of business and reforming as ‘The Wednesday’ and going up the leagues like AFC Wimbledon did doesn’t seem so bad at all.

nowt wrong with calling  it a day mate ......you need a strong will to support this club at present  and if yours is failing i wouldnt blame you . 

I’m still going to watch this season just because its so easy to spend the £10 and watch it. No travel etc and matchday expenses. Next season will be a test. I’d like a change of chairman but don’t know if I can honestly say I would want to let DC stop me going to games. The big one might be cost now. COVID has left me broke so unless the economy springs back to life the decision might not be mine. 

• Like 1

There's more to  worry about this season than the perennial problems at Wednesday.

It was clear there was a real prospect / near certainty of relegation before Christmas. That threat has been there on and off for nearly 3-4 years. It's difficult to maintain anger for that period of time, especially when the writing has been on the wall for so long.

I've not watched three out of the last four games now simply because I'm no longer interested in watching them lose. And the one game I did watch, we went on to lose.

There are other things to concentrate on in life for now.

The biggest protest is to not engage with the DC / Paxo show...., for now.

Boycott YouTube and iFollow and Sky if you can, and I'd not even bother with the fake streams for your mental health.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I’m still going to watch this season just because its so easy to spend the £10 and watch it. No travel etc and matchday expenses. Next season will be a test. I’d like a change of chairman but don’t know if I can honestly say I would want to let DC stop me going to games. The big one might be cost now. COVID has left me broke so unless the economy springs back to life the decision might not be mine. 

I thought the same before Christmas, but you've got people talking about protesting at the ground.

Boycott iFollow. £10 is not worth the mental anguish.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist

It’s football...we are crap...we migh5 be crapper next season or we might be better...I can’t wait for the 16 pint away days..whoever we are playing..chill out ...and have a few more sherberts

5 minutes ago, Revenant said:

I thought the same before Christmas, but you've got people talking about protesting at the ground.

Boycott iFollow. £10 is not worth the mental anguish.

Especially when you can invest in a dodgy stick for 30 quid

• Haha 1

Didn't even bother looking to see if I could even find a stream again today and Have lost interest in getting on Ifollow. 

Just sat sorting my shopping out n stuff on the pc with soccer Saturday on in the background. 

I'll admit I did feel a wave of optimism when Windass got the second after missing the one on one a few minutes earlier then reality kicked in and we capitulated once again. 

2-0 at half time and I checked the stats. We'd had 14 shots in the first half I think. Or around that mark. 

I thought bloody hell, maybe this is the response we've been waiting for. But then Wednesday do a Wednesday and completely capitulate in the second half.

What the hell are we saying in our half time team talks? 

"You're playing a bit too well out there lads, slow it down for me yeah?"

Anyone commenting on or even reading this thread cares

We all do

We won't stop

Let's stop kidding ourselves and trying to kid each other

Now isn't the time to wallow in a self pity party

Nor is it a  time to fall out with any other Wednesday fans

Stick with it, stick together - it'll be ok in the end but might get a bit dirty for a bit

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

I tell myself I don’t care anymore but if I didn’t care I wouldn’t be on here as much as I am discussing our club & days like today wouldn’t hurt like they have.

I’ve stopped paying for iFollow & watching on the Sky red button because I can’t bear to watch the dross any longer but I’ll never stop caring, it’s my club, it was my dad’s club & it’s my son’s club. I’ll be caring till I breath my last, it’s a pity our players don’t have 1% of the level of care we supporters have.

• Love 1