Does anyone else feel like they’re close to not caring?

Guest T Hardy

Guest hirstysfags
1 minute ago, Morepork said:

I've just finished jury service on a court case for the multiple sexual assault of a child. I have had a massive dose of what's important in life this week so to be honest this isn't even registering atm.

Absolutely. It's football. That's all.

Yep, all seems very surreal. Resigned to relegation and don't get upset by team selections or results anymore. As for enjoyment or entertainment, haven't seen any of that for years. 

Just a waiting game for me, one day Chansiri will be gone and the club will live again. This isn't Sheffield Wednesday, it's Chansiri FC and I have very little interest in that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes completely- today was the final nail in the coffin , if I’m completely honest I’d retract the contact offers for reach & Lees and let the whole lot go totally weak mentality 

I’ve actually been looking at league 1 away days this evening, 

Need to get rid of DC then bring a manager who might actually galvanise us 

I've supported the Owls for over sixty one years home and away, and during all that time performances like the ones we have witnessed this season in general, and today in particular, would have usually made me suicidal, but today I just couldn't care a throw. That is what this club has done to me, and I can see no way out of this mire and sadly could not care less.

• Like 1

Two different things here

I still look forward to sitting down and watching us at 3, or at 7.45 on a Tuesday - even on the day I think can’t wait to watch it tonight

however, where I Used to get bothered by us losing - I’ve detached myself from it now, I still share my thoughts on it but it doesn’t ruin the weekend like it did.

I’ll keep watching, but it doesn’t even bother me now seeing us capitulate - were beyond repair until someone saves us.

• Like 3

I certainly care a lot less than I used to because I now refuse to let SWFC spoil my day,weekend or week.

Having said that I still get a lift whenever a decent result is achieved.

To be honest I care a lot less about football in general.

It’s still the best spectator  game in the world but I much preferred the times when the European Competition was a knockout and before the Premier League became all important.

I would also bin VAR tomorrow.

• Love 1

Stopped caring as much a couple of years ago when I knew these days were inevitable under Chansiri’s tenure,  felt sorry at the time for those fans that could see no wrong in the man no matter how he acted or that daft schemes or prices he introduced . 
It’s a rubbish state of affairs .

• Like 1

Always said I’d give up my season ticket when I physically couldn’t get there unaided any more. Now I feel Chansiri’s tenure is pushing me in the direction of just not bothering to attend games in future. Even in League 1 in the past it felt worthwhile and there was some excitement on the pitch...but no longer.
Will always follow MY team but just maybe from my armchair 

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Yes, have done for a long time. Only have Chansiri to blame. I have no connection with this club. We sold our soul to the devil and we are paying the price.

Absolutely correct 

manderic chose the right one at Leicester ( sad what happened to him ) 

but they got it spot in there . 
they look after the fans amazing too both corporate side and other season ticket holders 

and he thought would be the same result for the buyer at Wednesday 

unfortunately this has not been the case 

and no a complete mess 

34 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah, as the three goals went in during that second half, I didn't get angry like I have in the past when things have gone against us; I just sat there feeling a bit numb and unsurprised by what was taking place.

It's a weird feeling after years of investing so much emotionally in our club, but that's where I'm at.

Perhaps it's psychological self-preservation?

I felt numb more than I felt angry or disappointed too but I think that comes from expecting it to happen rather than not being bothered. The fact I am still here now discussing it on a Saturday evening shows it means something, I can't switch that off and I don't want to really. 

13 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I can watch the every single match at home but I stopped bothering a while back.

If the players don’t give a s**t then why should I.

To be fair Trev I do think the players do care but they unfortunately don’t have what it takes to play progressive football for 90+ minutes. They haven’t got the backbone that says I am never going to let the opposition beat me.

Trev our coaches have a lot to answer for and Noel Thompson might be a nice guy but he ain’t a Manager and certainly not a brilliant coach. We are where we are cos Chansiri took the cheap way out - bloody cheapskate !!!! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Might seem odd putting the question out there and probably shows I do care, but in the last few months, I’ve followed our games less and only really followed based on goal alerts I get. I’ve been a season ticket holder for years and attended nearly every away game I could - not a brag, just to say that I think I’m going from that to having little interest in Wednesday any longer. 

Why should I follow a club where the owner is allowing us to be run into the ground? I know there’s a saying that the fans will always be there, but I think I’m close to almost totally losing interest and caring whilst we’re under this owner.

The thought of us going out of business and reforming as ‘The Wednesday’ and going up the leagues like AFC Wimbledon did doesn’t seem so bad at all.

Honestly, I got there a while ago. That said I've watched more games home and away this season than usual, but care less and less. I just want to get my money's worth out if the ifollow season ticket match passes this season, besides I think I will really struggle to click the season ticket renew button for next season. 

I'm sad that it's reached the point where really don't care much anymore. I've got past the anger of insipid performances and the inevitable losses. I think I've even got past the resignation that that will be what we'll get. I'm almost looking in on this from the outside now, I feel detached from SWFC and just want to get this season done with so I can file the divorce papers.

Unless of course eleventh hour mediation and counselling is successful and we agree to try again.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I felt numb more than I felt angry or disappointed too but I think that comes from expecting it to happen rather than not being bothered. The fact I am still here now discussing it on a Saturday evening shows it means something, I can't switch that off and I don't want to really. 

Yeah, it's probably the same for me.

Close?...tbh  i wish i could stop caring, but like many i have blue & white insides..what i can(and have done) do is refuse to pay money of any kind into the Club(merchandise,tickets, Ifollow,etc,etc)

Until things change....Q: How many though will be sat in the same seat (if allowed)  as though nothing as happened? Or will we see reports of 5,6 thousand travelling SWFC fans at L1 away matches?

Because whilstever such loyalty is apparent  what will change?