Does anyone else feel like they’re close to not caring?

Guest T Hardy

Guest T Hardy

Might seem odd putting the question out there and probably shows I do care, but in the last few months, I’ve followed our games less and only really followed based on goal alerts I get. I’ve been a season ticket holder for years and attended nearly every away game I could - not a brag, just to say that I think I’m going from that to having little interest in Wednesday any longer. 

Why should I follow a club where the owner is allowing us to be run into the ground? I know there’s a saying that the fans will always be there, but I think I’m close to almost totally losing interest and caring whilst we’re under this owner.

The thought of us going out of business and reforming as ‘The Wednesday’ and going up the leagues like AFC Wimbledon did doesn’t seem so bad at all.

Guest T Hardy
1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Yep felt like that for a while, but usually when we get thumped or lose convincingly.

Today being 2-0 up really left me utterly dejected (and yes I know it’s Wednesday, but you never learn do you!?)

It felt inevitable at 2-1 to me that they’d win and I couldn’t make myself be bothered 

In over 50 years of supporting Wednesday, I can honestly say that this is the lowest I’ve felt, and that includes the dark days of the seventies....I’m now at the stage where I don’t even get disappointed anymore....I’m not putting another penny into the club while ever Chansiri is at the club

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Guest T Hardy
Just now, cain said:

In over 50 years of supporting Wednesday, I can honestly say that this is the lowest I’ve felt, and that includes the dark days of the seventies....I’m now at the stage where I don’t even get disappointed anymore....I’m not putting another penny into the club while ever Chansiri is at the club

I think that’s the only way change will happen..

Different situation and needs of the fans, but Arsenal only paid attention to the fans wanting Wenger out when they stopped turning up to games.

Guest T Hardy
Just now, jonnyowl said:

I think it's dangerous not to care.

Not to care means your willing to allow this shambles to continue or not bothered if it does.

We need every fan to care, because when restrictions end, we have to do something!

Oh I’ll support any protest, but the 90 minutes we play at the moment, it’s hard for me to care about what goes on

Guest T Hardy
Just now, 1963owl said:

I'm really piissed off with em but that's because I do care 

This probably sums it up. I’m on this forum and created this thread because I care ha

8 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Might seem odd putting the question out there and probably shows I do care, but in the last few months, I’ve followed our games less and only really followed based on goal alerts I get. I’ve been a season ticket holder for years and attended nearly every away game I could - not a brag, just to say that I think I’m going from that to having little interest in Wednesday any longer. 

Why should I follow a club where the owner is allowing us to be run into the ground? I know there’s a saying that the fans will always be there, but I think I’m close to almost totally losing interest and caring whilst we’re under this owner.

The thought of us going out of business and reforming as ‘The Wednesday’ and going up the leagues like AFC Wimbledon did doesn’t seem so bad at all.

I can't not care.

I feel numb to it when we concede, it's expected but the result, the aftermath of where it leaves us and where we are going still hurts. There'll never be a time when I choose to do something else and not care about how we are doing when we are playing. 

For me it wasn’t the feeling of caring less more feeling of acceptance, so I was starting to let it get to me less....

Today pulled me right back in and I can’t begin to tell you how I’m feeling right now.  

Keep trying to tell me that it’s only football.... but it’s not football is it, it’s Wednesday and it means a lot 

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Yep felt like that for a while, but usually when we get thumped or lose convincingly.

Today being 2-0 up really left me utterly dejected (and yes I know it’s Wednesday, but you never learn do you!?)

This is exactly how I feel. The defeats to Brentford, Millwall etc I expected so wasn't too bothered but they we've thrown it away today has well and truly pissed me off

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1