Protest on Wednesday at ground

13 hours ago, T Hardy said:

Plane with a banner isn’t actually that expensive, is it? Would happily help crowdfund it. 

I've got a remote control jobby, 

but once it's up in the air you can't tell the difference, and I'd do it for free, not sure about the banner, how big would you want it?

• Like 1

I mean, not only would targeting the elephants lead to negative headlines about our supporters disrespecting Thai culture...

But also, we don't know how much the things weigh and I've just got visions of a bunch of middle aged Wednesday supporters putting their backs out trying to shift two ornamental elephants.

Edited by SiJ
  • Haha 3

Guest T Hardy
10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Time for the elephant thing to just stop

It's so tasteless it makes me vomit every time I hear someone mention them/throwing them in the river etc etc

Indeed.

If anyone really wanted to do an elephant protest, you could buy one likes this and throw it on the pitch when we go back to games  

0D8CA5F7-8D12-4EF5-B0FA-B73E8F7C5E61.jpeg

6 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Indeed.

If anyone really wanted to do an elephant protest, you could buy one likes this and throw it on the pitch when we go back to games  

With its head cut off.

Now that would send a message. 

Unfortunately, it will be impossible to get enough people on board with a protest, especially in Covid-19 times. I'm sure a few people may decide to go to the game on Wednesday and vent some frustrations, but unless there is signifant amount of people (at least 700) a) it won't impact anything and b) it will be very easily shut down by police. Personally, I think I socially distanced face-masked protest could be beneficial in forcing change, but how you get enough people on board when people aren't going to the match anyway, I'm not sure.

13 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Whatever we do needs publicity.

We can't boycott  games.

We can't (or shouldn't) have crowds of protesters.

Anything we do needs to capture the attention of the media and  DC.

So:-

KIDNAP THE ELEPHANTS!

Demand the departure of D.C. and Paxo in a

publicized "Ransom note" sent to D.C. through

the media.

The popular press love anything like this. Get the

local TV, Look North and Calendar involved and ,

through them national TV.

If possible make sure the Media in Thailand are aware, maybe embarrassing Chansiri in his own country may make him realise the depth of feeling against him by our fans.

I like this one 😉

47 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Indeed.

The Gold Elephants are a symbol relevant to Thai Culture

To target the elephants is basically a gesture to offend all Thai people

Not something I want to be ever associated with, involved with, or endorsing because I totally disagree with the golden elephants being any part of anything relating too disquiet amongst Owls fans

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

13 hours ago, Kraschenbern said:

25000 Owls turning up to the next game we can attend, but then refusing to go inside would send a much clearer message.

255000 owls in the ground an hour before kick off and then leaving at kick off would be clearer especially on a Saturday when Sky are covering the match on Soccer Saturday

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Not something I want to be ever associated with, involved with, or endorsing because I totally disagree with the golden elephants being any part of anything relating too disquiet amongst Owls fans

I’m going past the ground tonight I’ll see how well they are attached to the floor.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just out of interest, does Thai culture say anything about honourable business practice or respecting your community?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1