Protest on Wednesday at ground

12 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The elephants going for a swim is probably what would attract the most media attention.

Protesting during lockdown would attract negative media coverage, but the sight of those pachyderms in the river just about sums the lot up.

How the fans feel about such tat, about Chansiri, and his running of the club, about the way he's plastered himself all over the stadium, and about the state of the club.

Drowning, literally and figuratively.

A picture's worth a thousand words.

you do know that elephants aren't just a Chansiri thing don't you?

It's a Thailand thing, so yes it would attract media attention...but of the sort that we really don't want

• Like 2

The Elephant removal would be seen as a bit of a low blow I think.... possibly criminal damage too (not that I like them or ever wanted them there).

Best to keep it classy. 

The ‘Thank you Chansiri’ sign can go though... ironically we’d probably have to ask the club at this point to do that. 

4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Yet some Wednesday fans continue to pay for I follow to watch our games which puts money in Chansiri's pocket. 

Bizarre. 

Trouble is s36 I've supported them over 60 years wednesday are in my blood and if I can watch them I will , but I know what you are getting at

• Like 1

This thread is brilliant. 

Been smiling for last 30 mins reading it whilst waiting for boxing. 

Fancy dress as a chicken stuffing an owl has to be my fav. 

But, elephants in canal. 

Sending tins of tuna to club. 

Spamming email. 

It's comedy gold. 

Wow. Just wow 

Ha ha ha ha ha 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dot said:

you do know that elephants aren't just a Chansiri thing don't you?

It's a Thailand thing, so yes it would attract media attention...but of the sort that we really don't want

3 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

The Elephant removal would be seen as a bit of a low blow I think.... possibly criminal damage too (not that I like them or ever wanted them there).

Best to keep it classy. 

The ‘Thank you Chansiri’ sign can go though... ironically we’d probably have to ask the club at this point to do that. 

Sure...but unfortunately demonstrations are rarely PC or classy, nor is anything likely to national media attention.

I mean, it's a contradiction in terms.

It's like saying that you want to burn down Bramall Lane, but are concerned about the impact of the smoke on global warming.

The criminal damage aspect is what I don't like personally.

The only way to bring about change of any sort is to embarrass Chansiri in his own land IMO.

That doesn't have to be illegal, lacking in political correctness or abusive.

The simple facts about his handling of this club are sufficient in themselves.

The problem is how to bring that about and involve the Thai media.

I guess the next step prior to that would be the national media here, and frankly Biggsy could do his bit in that regard by using his contacts.

Edited by Athelwulf

12 hours ago, darklord said:

Covid gone? 

Try telling that to the thousands in Hillsborough park yesterday. Seriously scary. Hundreds of kids in playground whilst fat Mothers stuffing their faces with a hot dog in one hand, and an ice cream in the other. Meanwhile dogs were pooing everywhere with little kids treading in it.

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, marshy said:

Try telling that to the thousands in Hillsborough park yesterday. Seriously scary. Hundreds of kids in playground whilst fat Mothers stuffing their faces with a hot dog in one hand, and an ice cream in the other. Meanwhile dogs were pooing everywhere with little kids treading in it.

Oh, how I miss the UK.

2 minutes ago, marshy said:

Who was selling the hot dogs?

Owlstalk Shop

8 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You do realise no one can take it down right now? We’ve not been in the ground for a year.

If s blade can take a dump in the centre circle at night, I'm sure we have a master criminal that can go and get it, ,'redesign it" and leave it hanging somewhere more prominent.

11 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Whatever we do needs publicity.

We can't boycott  games.

We can't (or shouldn't) have crowds of protesters.

Anything we do needs to capture the attention of the media and  DC.

So:-

KIDNAP THE ELEPHANTS!

Demand the departure of D.C. and Paxo in a

publicized "Ransom note" sent to D.C. through

the media.

The popular press love anything like this. Get the

local TV, Look North and Calendar involved and ,

through them national TV.

If possible make sure the Media in Thailand are aware, maybe embarrassing Chansiri in his own country may make him realise the depth of feeling against him by our fans.

Watched Wednesday for 60 years, read about Wednesday for more or less the same

Never in me life did I think to see the phrase 

LETS KIDNAP THE GOLDEN ELEPHANTS 

Cant stop giggling

With the current situation I know that a mass protest at the moment is difficult.

ive already started individually. I’ve switched to princes tuna (seriously) and I’ve peeled off the chansiri sponsor on the home shirt. I don’t want to buy or wear anything that is attached to him. I’ve realised I’ll need a new shirt for the new season, which left me in a conundrum. I don’t want to buy any new kit because the money will go in his coffers, so a retro shirt is where it’s at. Obviously I won’t get one from the megastore for 2 reasons. 1.) again it will go into his pocket and 2.) they have stopped doing them....wonder why that is.

positive though is I found 82-83 bukta home shirt on toffs for £42. It looks WAY better than any of the crap we a producing and it’s cheaper.

it may only be small changes but if we all did something like this he would start to really feel it.

23E77208-67E8-41AA-81C4-21426631DB3F.png

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Time for the elephant thing to just stop

It's so tasteless it makes me vomit every time I hear someone mention them/throwing them in the river etc etc

******kin**, Elephants tho  lol

How did we come to this??

Used to be simple black balloons and Boos 

Edited by asteener1867